Your thoughts on Psytrance/dance clothing.

TRohr

Personally I think it's pretty cool to see someone show up to a party wearing all sorts of psychedelic gear and fanny pack (not your tourist ones... ones with all sorts of hidden pockets), but when you get into the acid/rave/candy-flipper/fluorescent/gaudy awful clothes then I think things are going overboard.... Stuff like this--->

Posted Image

I just bought this jacket and think it's pretty cool. I can wear it in public, and it's keeps me fairly warm but doesn't get too hot indoors.... On my jacket, instead of that weird aquamarine blue I have a nice earthy greenish/brown.... Also, the jacket has a tiny, tiny zipper in the small of the back where you can stuff a pipe and vegetables which is also handy for security checks. I sound like a chick here but I think it's important to fly your true colors sometimes. What's everyones thoughts on clothing?

Posted Image

I liked the "mens, womens" :lol:

There are some nice things there. I didn't like their trousers though... Do you know where it is possible to have a shirt fully "decorated"? And not with a logo or something.

some psywear is nice.. most is just ugly..

what i dont understand is the fact that psywear is 90% the same as 8 years ago. Normally fashion changes quite quickly, but psy seems to be the same all the time.

Tiedie is soooooo 90's btw.. ;)

for nice psyshirt go check imaginary foundation:here

I love they hippie/ fluoro stuff, especially on women. @Supergroover: I think it's a good thing that psy clothing has remained fairly constant - whereas people who keep up with current trends are destined to look at old photos of themselves with a sense of embarrassment, the hippies will still look as good as they always did.

Well I for one enjoy seeing fluoro psy-clothes on people.

I never judge people by what they wear - put on whatever pleases you I reckon.

Anyways psy-parties are almost the only place to see some neon green/pink/orange stuff, I usually wear space tribe shirt myself too I found on 2nd hand shop. :)

my thoughts!?

Well, the more fluoro psychedelic clothes the better :) now I don't mean fluoro clothes in just 1 plain color... but fluoro with psychedelic motives... like space tribe yes :P I am a collector of all old space tribe full color prints, and can't get enough of them... :) and some Thai Fisher-pants under it for extra dance comfort :)

for girls I like 2 types of psy clothes

- the elfish types (you know, elf clothes)

- the space tribe type

:)

To psy parties I mostly wear a shirt with this motive - the only "psywear" I have apart from a blue dyed shirt:

Posted Image

I painted it myself.

So if you see a guy with this shirt, it's me :)

I'm one of those uncreative Levi's + an ordinary t-shirt/sweat shirt + a pair of standard sneakers + any other ordinary piece of clothing you may know...

I usually never judge people by what they wear, like, dislike, listen or don't listen to. It's probably because I look so ordinary I don't need people around me looking like Christmas trees.

I'm one of those uncreative Levi's + an ordinary t-shirt/sweat shirt + a pair of standard sneakers + any other ordinary piece of clothing you may know...

exactly. it's so rare these days though that it makes you creative! :)

I tend to dress how I like wether anyone dresses like me or what they think. I will wear insanly oversized unisex glasses from Dior or Gucci, with a really tight t-shirt (usually a shirt bought from a previous party) or a short sleeve shirt with huge collars like the 70,s. I wear bell bottom or flare jeans. And my shoes are always pointy and curved upwards at the end. Kind of like elf shoes without the bells at the ends. I actually own all of the aparell shown below. Luckily I found them on google images. Call it trendy, call it gay, call it what you want. I have been dressing like this for years now, and my wife loves it to :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ten years ago I loved to wear those tyedye stuff, not only at parties but also in everyday life. Nowadays though I mostly wear a pair of grey or black trousers, a black hooded sweater and you probably guessed it... a dark coloured shirt, possibly an Ant-Zen or Ad Noiseam shirt. It helps to find some interesting conversations at parties every now and then, if your opposite recognises it that is. I don't mind to see some fluoro or tyedye stuff on other people though... :)

of course people should wear what they like to wear.

and being a fashion victim is horrible. glad i am not one of them.

Psywear is a fashion just like any other style of clothing. so there will also be psywear fashionvictims. That need the newest gear available.

Just saying its weird psywear fashion is sooo slow to evolve. :P

I tend to dress how I like wether anyone dresses like me or what they think. I will wear insanly oversized unisex glasses from Dior or Gucci, with a really tight t-shirt (usually a shirt bought from a previous party) or a short sleeve shirt with huge collars like the 70,s. I wear bell bottom or flare jeans. And my shoes are always pointy and curved upwards at the end. Kind of like elf shoes without the bells at the ends. I actually own all of the aparell shown below. Luckily I found them on google images. Call it trendy, call it gay, call it what you want. I have been dressing like this for years now, and my wife loves it to :P

that's class :)

I like to see the wild psy clothes, and the more basic black with flouro lines are interesting, just not me- so i enjoy being the plain clothes person that makes the more colorful people stick out.

i didn't like being told i was some kind of reject and other harassments i have gotten for not wanting to wear the trance uniform,

but im pretty sure that was one retard's screwy attitude.

the point of a wacko trance party is to do what you want (at least i used to believe that), so it is great to see people go nuts with the really wild outfits, and then the black/flouro-seam people add another cool effect to the crowd - but it is the best that there is such a wide range of styles.

much more interesting to look at than a crowd of Nascar fans who all have one of 3 types of shirt on, and at the same time it's not a costume party (usually), the total lack of any sort of dress code is one of the great appeals to the whole scene for me..

...of course it is good to check out the shoes of whoever you are about to hit on, or are being hit on by...