"Pure" psy albums/artists?

jes422

I've just recently been introduced to the world of psychedelic music, and I have to say that it goes well with me. I've heard some full-on and I think it's pretty cool, but it isn't very psychedelic in my opinion...not very trippy if you know what I mean. I like to hear sounds that I can visualize and interpret (more random than structured). I really don't like the progressive thing (which is strange because I happen to be a trance fanatic). Could anyone point me in the direction of an extensive source where I can choose which albums to hone in on (old and especially new)? I would REALLY appreciate some advice from you experts. :-) If a topic has already been posted about this I apologize...I have tried searching throughout the forums with little luck. Thanks for any help you can give...and the more the better!

It's cool you've found psy and instantly recognized the bad quality of full-on. I think you're in the right place now... :rolleyes:

anyways... I think the following are rather easy to find and good:

bit more in the old-school vein...

hux flux - cryptic crunch

koxbox - forever after

etnica - alien protein

all of them^ have been re-issued so the chances are you can get em.

for progressive:

matenda - natural development

vibrasphere - exploring the tributaries

antix - twin coast discovery

It's cool you've found psy and instantly recognized the bad quality of full-on. I think you're in the right place now... :rolleyes:

anyways... I think the following are rather easy to find and good:

bit more in the old-school vein...

hux flux - cryptic crunch

koxbox - forever after

etnica - alien protein

all of them^ have been re-issued so the chances are you can get em.

for progressive:

matenda - natural development

vibrasphere - exploring the tributaries

antix - twin coast discovery

The guy asked about Pure Psy and you recommend him Antix and Matenda? :D

edit: For ppl who believe that full on can't be psychedelic I have 2 words Hiyarant-Collision

I've just recently been introduced to the world of psychedelic music, and I have to say that it goes well with me. I've heard some full-on and I think it's pretty cool, but it isn't very psychedelic in my opinion...not very trippy if you know what I mean. I like to hear sounds that I can visualize and interpret (more random than structured). I really don't like the progressive thing (which is strange because I happen to be a trance fanatic). Could anyone point me in the direction of an extensive source where I can choose which albums to hone in on (old and especially new)? I would REALLY appreciate some advice from you experts. :-) If a topic has already been posted about this I apologize...I have tried searching throughout the forums with little luck. Thanks for any help you can give...and the more the better!

My advice

Ckeck Labels such as:

Parvati Records

Tantrum Records

Manic Dragon Recs

Definitely psy! imo

My advice

Ckeck Labels such as:

Parvati Records

Tantrum Records

Manic Dragon Recs

Definitely psy! imo

Good advice if you ask me.

edit: Insomnia records, Trishula records and Noise Poison records are also good for that kind of thing.

The guy asked about Pure Psy and you recommend him Antix and Matenda? :D

oh fuck my bad, I thought he _wanted_ prog recommendations... should've read more carefully :)

ps. matenda and antix are still good... ^_o

oh fuck my bad, I thought he _wanted_ prog recommendations... should've read more carefully :)

Antix are excellent but not really Psy.

Anyways Oopie how come you haven't mentioned St.Posford in your recommendation?

Antix are excellent but not really Psy.

Anyways Oopie how come you haven't mentioned St.Posford in your recommendation?

yeah the thing is... I thought he wanted pure psy plus prog recommendations... and antix fits the latter quite fine :)

I didn't mention his holyness cause I wanted you to have some of the glory preaching his name, honeypuff!

I never said that Matenda or Antix are bad, but like Pavel said it's difficult to call them Pure psy. :)

Like you said old Koxbox is THE pure psy IMO. But only their old stuff!!!

I never said that Matenda or Antix are bad, but like Pavel said it's difficult to call them Pure psy. :)

Like you said old Koxbox is THE pure psy IMO. But only their old stuff!!!

AFAIC Frank'e never lost it. His recent albums drips psychedelia.

Maybe you're looking for Goa and not Psy, Goa is much more melodic and enchanting...try

Etnica - Alien Protein

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Cosmosis - Cosmology

Shakta - Silicon Trip

Doof - Lets Turn On

Message from God - Project Genesis

Pleidians - Identified Flying Object

Thats a good start for Goa I think. Ofcourse this is only if you're looking for Goa and not psy.