I'm going to Goa - any tips?

Amygdala

Hi everybody.

January 23. I am packing my bags and going to Goa. It will only be for a week, so I need to condence all the experiences I can into that little time. I have taken a look at the travel forum, but found nothing of interest... Anywho, what do I absolutely *need* to see?

I am staying in a hotel about 2 km from Anjuna beach, so I will be pretty much "in the mix". Where do I find the best "drop-in" parties and events, what attractions do I need to see, and what should I think about when I am there?

Any tip is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

- A

in fact.. dont do anything.. everything can kill you..

actually even doing nothing can kill you.. :o

ok, drink and take loads of drugs when driving on good indian roads. forget my comment, it was without brains! I recommend that you get a moped/motor the first day, take as much acid as you can, drive as fast as you can to the next bar and drink a bottle of whisky, its really gonna be a trip... just dont blame me if you see the white light at the end of the road... but yeah, you might not see it, cause the management has switched it off.

supergroover, you can not be serious.

Rent a moped, but refrain from riding if you are on MDMA or LSD. Remember that lots of other people are on drugs too so it does not all come down to your own driving.

The best parties take place in the mornings/evenings at a place called Curlies's @ Anjuna beach. There are also regular parties in the Bamboo Forest just outside of Anjuna, but keep in mind, it is going to be full of drunk charter tourists up until around 3:00-4:00am in the morning. The party starts when the drunks burn-out and the Goa freaks arrive, trust me it is PHAT from 4:00am onwards...

Nine bar @ Vagator has psy trance pumping from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Most people meet up here and exchange party information etc. etc. It is a good place to start of...

Stay away from Arambol and the big Christmas and New Year's parties. It is shait and a bit more! Too many try-hards!

In terms of living, Chapora is where all the crazy ass Goa freaks stay and get high day in and day out. Stay in either Anjuna or Vagator for a nice balance.

Hi

Welcome to India.. Goa is happening this year but in small ways. Only curlies and 9 bar have regular parties otherwise there are few happening in Arambol .Just follow the crowd :)

No big outdoor parties happening. And be careful with drugs, as the cops are fucking every where. stay away from drug dealers.

Goa is not the same as it used to be before. But it still has the people and vibe :)

pm me if you need any help in accomodation etc etc.,

Hi everybody.

January 23. I am packing my bags and going to Goa. It will only be for a week, so I need to condence all the experiences I can into that little time. I have taken a look at the travel forum, but found nothing of interest... Anywho, what do I absolutely *need* to see?

I am staying in a hotel about 2 km from Anjuna beach, so I will be pretty much "in the mix". Where do I find the best "drop-in" parties and events, what attractions do I need to see, and what should I think about when I am there?

Any tip is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

- A

Stay away from this guy Lu Bu with his friend louie..

louieville..

Posted Image

ok, drink and take loads of drugs when driving on good indian roads. forget my comment, it was without brains! I recommend that you get a moped/motor the first day, take as much acid as you can, drive as fast as you can to the next bar and drink a bottle of whisky, its really gonna be a trip... just dont blame me if you see the white light at the end of the road... but yeah, you might not see it, cause the management has switched it off.

supergroover, you can not be serious.

Might have missread your post. Of course you are talking about the combination of drugs/ alcohol and driving at the same time.. I must agree on that for sure. Not a wise thing..

I was thinking about both things at different times.. Which can surely be done and a lot of fun ;)

Sorry about the confusion..

get a bike asap and drive to the beaches more north. chapora, arambol..

and dont expect too much..

Well, I don't expect much party-/psy-wise. I'll just see what happens, and go with the flow. It's actually more of a beach vacation.

TIP: DONT DRINK/TAKE DRUGS AND RENT MOTORBIKE!

I will be absolutely sure to do neither... Sorry to hear about your friends!

The best parties take place in the mornings/evenings at a place called Curlies's @ Anjuna beach. There are also regular parties in the Bamboo Forest just outside of Anjuna...

Nine bar @ Vagator has psy trance pumping from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. Most people meet up here and exchange party information etc. etc. It is a good place to start of...

Stay away from Arambol and the big Christmas and New Year's parties. It is shait and a bit more! Too many try-hards!

In terms of living, Chapora is where all the crazy ass Goa freaks stay and get high day in and day out. Stay in either Anjuna or Vagator for a nice balance.

Thanks for the goodies. I am staying Anjuna-adjacent, and had a feeling that Vagator was a possibility - Nine bar it is and then onwards :)

be careful with drugs, as the cops are fucking every where. stay away from drug dealers.

Goa is not the same as it used to be before. But it still has the people and vibe :)

pm me if you need any help in accomodation etc etc.,

Thanks a lot! I have hotel reservations so that should be allright. I don't plan to do any kind of drugs, so that should be no problem either. Looking forward to the vibe.

Stay away from this guy Lu Bu with his friend louie..

louieville..

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

- A

Baga for the beach.

BAGAAAAAAAAA? OMG ...it has become the shittiest and the most crowded beach in goa with insane dumb tourists running around...Just outta curiosity , when was the last time you went to baga?

Avoid Baga

Arambol. Anjuna, Vagatoor, Therakol , Manderim beaches are the ones you should be sticking to :)

BAGAAAAAAAAA? OMG ...it has become the shittiest and the most crowded beach in goa with insane dumb tourists running around...Just outta curiosity , when was the last time you went to baga?

Just a little bit more than year ago, but I was at the very beginning of season so it wasn't that bad... :D

No big outdoor parties happening. And be careful with drugs, as the cops are fucking every where. stay away from drug dealers.

Exaggerations, but yeah caution is necessary. Buy stuff from other tourists preferably. That means that they have taken half (or much more) of the risk :ph34r:

One thing I found particularly annoying and trippy was always getting stopped by the cops in the middle of the nights while riding our bikes. They will just find anything to make you afraid and pay them a couple of Rupees. Don't be afraid, be assertive and show them your licence and let them know that you are willing to be taken down the station if that is what they deem necessary.

They will just give up once they sense that you are not afraid and don’t give a shit!

Avoid Baga

Mandrim beaches are the one you should stick to :)

If you want to get away from all freaks Mandrim beach is the place. It is not valued among the Goa crowd, but I can assure you that it is one of the nicest beaches in Goa!

Find the "End of the World" Cafe and Restaurant and you will know what I am talking about...

BTW, if you hear beats in the middle of the night and you cannot locate them, just ask a taxi/rickshaw driver. They know it all! They will take you there for a couple of Rupees.

Have fun! The place is still happening in many ways...

Exaggerations, but yeah caution is necessary. Buy stuff from other tourists preferably. That means that they have taken half (or much more) of the risk :ph34r:

I dont think i am exaggerating considering the number of dreadlocked hippies who have been packed and sent back to their countries this year and the lack of any open air parties this yr. only 9 bar, curlies and primrose and paradiso is happening. other wise there is a strict no for open air parties this yr from the authorities as they are focussing on bringing more rich sluts into goa and increasing the real estate prices.

I just came back from goa :)

just dont blame me if you see the white light at the end of the road... but yeah, you might not see it, cause the management has switched it off.

If only they hadn't stopped paying the goddamn bills. Finding your way to the end is quite the struggle nowadays, or so I've heard.

So which beach would be best? .. i,m thinking palolem or arambol .. just want a simple beach hut where i can setup hammock (still wrong section but i dont care) .. a week for leaving B)

since you are looking for a simple beach with your hammack, i would recommend arambol and you can try therakkol beach which is a 15 min drive from arambol beach .

• 4 weeks later...