Fullon or dark psy

buzzman

The Border between dark and full-on would be the twilight sound i read about very often lately....no?

Yeah, i heard it was called twillight sound to, but from a very unreliable source, so i didn't know if i was to believe it... But i guess its true then :) Abomination, concept, pitch hikers, ferbi boys, shift and azax syndrome doesn't really add up to Delirious, system nipel, indra and so on...

Was wandering where the line between darkpsy and fullon goes? Or is there a genre in between?

Take azax syndrom or shift for excample! There is both the fullon and then dark infuences... So how can i genre it?

There is no line crossing between fullon and darkpsy.

There are many kind of fullon's and darks

Dark > russing style (manifold etc.)

Dark > fullpower (baba jelly)

Dark > psychedelic (blisargon demogorgon)

And stuff alike azax syndrome, shift abimination, pitch hikers and so is african fullon. Imo nothing to do with dark stuff (3 examples mentioned above)

There is israeli fullon, brazilian, french etc. Every differs a bit from others.

The main difference that differs dark and fullon are melodies and danceable beat and kick.

I would say it this way: dark is soft while fullon is juicy :)

And stuff alike azax syndrome, shift abimination, pitch hikers and so is african fullon. Imo nothing to do with dark stuff (3 examples mentioned above)

There is israeli fullon, brazilian, french etc. Every differs a bit from others.

The main difference that differs dark and fullon are melodies and danceable beat and kick.

I would say it this way: dark is soft while fullon is juicy :)

How the fuck do you keep track of all that :)

Ok, i'll just skip the arranging i'd planned ifor my collection then...

The Border between dark and full-on would be the twilight sound i read about very often lately....no?

I'd agree with this.... :)

I'd agree that 'twilight' accurately describes the borderline style between the 2. To me, twilight fullon can work well at any time of the evening, especially at an indoor or club, where the 'dark' style won't be so appropriate... But it also works well during the daytime... So its really relative, all up to whoever, wherever.

It really is kind of a gray area, sometimes its pretty melodic and slow, sometimes purely psychedelic... IMO it doesn't really matter what its called, what really matters is how it fits into the overall flow of styles at the party, if you play Twisted System right after a Polaris track it may seem a little too different to flow well.

What I've always been curious to know, is what would you call the style of artists like NRS, Scorb and similar artists? It could be dark if played alongside dark, it could be twilight when played with twilight...

here we have invented something called night full-on

night full-on:

mekkanikka

bliss

guinea pigs

painkiller

pitch hikers

azax syndrom

dark nebula

shift

dark:

russianz

blisargon

cannibal barbecue

baphomet

dark is deranged, night fullon is energetic euphoric, but still hard and wicked :posford:

night full-on:

mekkanikka

bliss

guinea pigs

painkiller

pitch hikers

azax syndrom

dark nebula

shift

Thank you.

I was going to ask which artists are considered night full-on as I loved Pitch Hikers first album.

Gives me some names now to look into to get some more of this style.

like stryder said, we call it night full on.. the border between night full on and dark can be small but usualyy you can separate them easy..

the buildup in night full on is more like regular full on with more breaks and long rising sounds..

but some people call some tracks by naked tourist and electrypnose f.e. night full on and others call them dark, hard to draw the border sometimes

I picked this up yesterday, i'll strongly recommend you this :)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dv3/dv31cd031.html

I beat you to it, its already on my look into list =P

Mekkanikka - Climate Change

Azax Syndrom - The Exploding Man

Dark Nebula - Sacred Scars

I chose those as they are contain many artists so I can get more of a feel for the style. (least I hope)

spectral records usually walks the line between

Oh well, gives me more exposure. Something different.

It noticed a fair amount of SA artists on it so it got my attention.

Any reason this stuff is rated low on discogs? Not many night full-on fans?

Twisted System is a perfect night-fullon stuff for me. Generaly this genre isnt realy what like to hear on parties or in home.

Bliss, Painkiller, Khopar and similar annoys me somehow. I'd rather go for harder and less twisted sounds > dark :)

I liked a lot latest Iron Madness album in nightfullon cattegory.

The heaviest and most dark-psychedelic release out this year for me is "va - weird rites and godless revels". Excelent stuff. Not that hard, but very psychedelic and trippy.

Something harder : Furius - Uncany Beats album or VA - Nritya Shastra.

Check them out if you havent yet. Those 3 examples should show you up the difference between fullpower od trippy dark-psychedelic :)