DeathPosture's reviews

Ormion

People say he posts to a special forum that only members with 8000+ posts can see. Also, I met a dude at a party lately, he said that his neighbor's gardener knows DP's sister, she states that DP sold his CD collection and bought an island in the Caribbean.

Well, who knows? But we miss him and his reviews ;)

Also, I was thinking... lets get another ad to the forum and pay him.

Seriously speaking, check the number of reviews here in 2007, it's on the same level as 1998. We have to do something. I'm thinking about writing reviews, but I'm having a hard period in my real life, so not now.

Also, I was thinking... lets get another ad to the forum and pay him.

Seriously speaking, check the number of reviews here in 2007, it's on the same level as 1998. We have to do something. I'm thinking about writing reviews, but I'm having a hard period in my real life, so not now.

I would like to write reviews myself, but I don't have much time :(

yes...I too miss DP's reviews. I used to write reviews as well, so I can say this- to write a good review is very time consuming. It would usually take me about 6 hours start to finish. to listen, think about what i wanted to say, and then write. I can imagine it might take even more focus if english was not my first language. All this being said, it would still be nice to hear from DP once in a while....we miss you :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

DP was writing so many reviews on so many albums.. At one point I wondered if he was getting paid for his work or compensated in some way. He wrote some really great reviews regardless. Eventually a person needs a break I imagined.

I used to post movie reviews on Epinions to express my feelings if I felt very strong toward a film. I had a ball opening peoples eyes with how misguided I felt the Matrix sequels were for instance, plot/story wise. I enjoyed the feedback and attention on Epinions but most of all, I just enjoyed the creative and thought process in writing reviews.

Eventually I realized no matter how much or how ever many reviews I wrote, people were also doing the same. Where is this all going?, I wondered. I had a life to live, things to do. I don't mean to discourage writing reviews. I think they're helpful in making an individual aware of the product to various extents and perspectives. If I could inspire others as DP has done, that's great I thought. Either way life goes on. Now days I generally write a review if I feel most passionate or strong about an album. I won't buy and therefore review an album that doesn't sound no less than good to me. There are too many disappointing albums out there which is why, often times, the scores throughout 2007 have been relatively high from me. I've only reviewed the albums I bought.

Anyway I don't mean to distract the main purpose of this thread from DP to me, I just had some thoughts related my general perspective of reviewing. I think it's really cool when someone like DP takes their time to write a thoughtful, capturing review. This site seems to have garnished less reviews over the last two years I've noticed as if there is currently a recession. I think this may be in part because there lacked many blockbuster Psy albums in 2007, for one of several examples. We hit a peek in 2004 it seemed. It'll pick up again.

I like this site much more than Isratrance (where I seldom post), the posters here I'm more familiar with, and the Goa foundation I feel more passionately towards. It would be cool if this was the ultimate Psytrance review/forum site on the internet (I don't know what is) but for now it is what it is. Nothing spectacular but I still find it extremely helpful for becoming more aware of albums ranging from Psy, Goa, Downtempo, and lots more in general.

@ Jon C

too much reviewing is indeed not good, when it becomes a routine don't think that's good,

I wrote my full first review think 3 - 4 years ago and have written totally 50 almost 60 that's it...

but they are all very detailed,

I prefer that more...

but indeed Dp's reviews not being around is very noticeable but I understand,

respect and thanx for the contribution :)