How old were you

pawelek

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 or 17, almost 28 now and I sometimes feel the urge to move on to something more mature, but fuck it there's nothing else to move on to. All you do is broaden your musical taste and take your occasional timeout of the whole psy stuff but at the end of the day you always come back striving for more... :)

About 9-10. I remember the first goa tune I've heard was from a dj set that was broadcasted online. Even tho I had a 56k back then so it took ages to stream in, when the first track - aqua line spirit tuned in, i was hypnotized! :D

12, in 1994. Eat Static.

Now my question. I hope you won't mind answering it. Didnt you feel lonely in the psy world being so young ?

You know 9-12 years old is kid :) I didnt know anyone else beside me for years that liked psytrance. All my mates were into some rave/dance/eurotrance anthems. I felt totaly isolated. Seriosuly, it's weird feeling...

There are many pluses i think of starting psy journeym so early. You can build your independence! Kids at the age of 10 are so easily open minded for mainstream influences, all the viva/mtv shit...I think it's inredible hard to stay away from those things especialy when you're so young :)

I'm not saying i wasnt listening to commercial stuff, but my point is that goa/psy became my life :) Any other genre wasnt giving me such an fantastic ecperiences like psy.

few months before my 16th birthday, still remember flashing hard on the first few downloaded mp3's with a friend

1st song ever INFECTED MUSHROOM - ACID KILLER = SOLD FOR LIFE!!!

astral projection - ionized (hate that now)

at that time i was heavily into slipknot n shit lol

was an infected nerd for a long time, untill like 2-3 years later, nothing interested me but infected and some artists they colllaborated with, and then yeah, since converting vegetarians things were never the same :( and i definitely had to explore to find some more lost glory...

even now, only shidapu stuff and old infected style is what really gets me

22 for me. I am impressed at all the people who were listening to psytrance when they were 15 - back then I was listening to shit like Oasis. Though in my defence that was a brief transition period before which I only listened to classical and baroque music.

22 for me. I am impressed at all the people who were listening to psytrance when they were 15 - back then I was listening to shit like Oasis. Though in my defence that was a brief transition period before which I only listened to classical and baroque music.

When I was 15 I was headbanging to Metallica, Slayer and Sepultura ;)

I was at the end of 17 as I moved away from trance and got seriously into psy.

Went on my first psy party with 18.

That was more than five and a half years ago :)

I didnt know anyone else beside me for years that liked psytrance. All my mates were into some rave/dance/eurotrance anthems. I felt totaly isolated. Seriosuly, it's weird feeling...

There are many pluses i think of starting psy journeym so early. You can build your independence! Kids at the age of 10 are so easily open minded for mainstream influences, all the viva/mtv shit...I think it's inredible hard to stay away from those things especialy when you're so young :)

I can relate to this in a way because I was into trance music before I got into psy and I also knew nobody that was into it like me. In my class they were not really pro trance because only chavs were into it. But I never associated this kind of electronic music with social life anyway, I just listened to that stuff at home on headphones while lying in bed ... that was the first thing I did everyday after I came home from school: lying in bed and just listening to trance music for an hour :)

And this relationship I now have to electronic music is still relating to how it was in the ol' trance days back then: even now I'm not connecting psy music to social life apart from this forum here. I don't know any people that are seriously into it except me. And I'm not that social on parties either to talk to many people. I just don't connect this kind of music to social stuff such as the others do ... although of course it's nice to have a good time on parties and when people are nice as well. But for me the core of this kind of music - well, actually of all music I listen to except humppa metal ( ;) ) - is still listening to it alone. Either on the couch or while running. Some casual stuff (that I don't listen to really, just to play something) I also listen during household work and such. But the core will always be what it was back then: headphones and listen, alone. and that is the reason why many (actually most) people find it strange what stuff I listen to - goa, psy, ambient, dark ambient ... all stuff that roots in the initial approach I got to music while I was younger.

I formed my musical future back then ... only now I realize ... but I'd never have thought that I'd sit here one day with the new Solar Fields on the headphones :)

13, in late 1995 , it was a mix with Astral Projection and isreali artists.listened under the over with headphones.First time , immediate amazement , i knew that was definitely my kind of music, and still is twelve years after.

Cybertrance 00h-02h on fun radio mixed by Max.For the connoisseurs !

Not quite sure. I downloaded Mahadeva from AP's MP3.com site (the original MP3.com), and that was either my first goa song, or finding the 'goa' genre on MP3.com led me to Mahadeva. And that must have been around 1999-2000. That's a pretty wild guess. I wasn't very active online until 2001, when I got my first computer.

If 1999-2000 is correct, that would have made me 20-21.

Funny thing, the mp3 file of Mahadeva I have has survived that long. It lived on a ZIP disk for a while, and when I was finally able to load everything from that ZIP disk onto my computer, I saw that song and said, "oh yeah, I remember that song being good."

But even though I first heard goa about 8 years ago, I didn't really become a super-fan until about 2 years ago.

Now my question. I hope you won't mind answering it. Didnt you feel lonely in the psy world being so young ?

You know 9-12 years old is kid :) I didnt know anyone else beside me for years that liked psytrance. All my mates were into some rave/dance/eurotrance anthems. I felt totaly isolated. Seriosuly, it's weird feeling...

In a sense I guess you do, even though I started a little bit later. Never really had any friends that had the same interest in goa and psy as I have, and I still don't I guess. But most of them can atleast appriciate some tracks and the lighter stuff (not commercial sound). Although when I grew up, and still now, I don't listen to only goa- and psy-trance. I've always listened some downtempo, psybient, triphop, reggae etc, and thankfully I've had friends who are really into this stuff so we've always had something in common in terms of music.

[..] I'm not connecting psy music to social life apart from this forum here. I don't know any people that are seriously into it except me. And I'm not that social on parties either to talk to many people. I just don't connect this kind of music to social stuff such as the others do ... although of course it's nice to have a good time on parties and when people are nice as well. But for me the core of this kind of music - well, actually of all music I listen to except humppa metal ( ;) ) - is still listening to it alone. Either on the couch or while running. Some casual stuff (that I don't listen to really, just to play something) I also listen during household work and such.

I agree with you. Most of the music I listen to alone aswell and it has always been like that. I didn't start going to some parties/festivals until a few years ago. Usally though, it doesn't really matter if I'm alone or with friends, I can still enjoy most music but in diffrent ways.

16 or 17, almost 28 now and I sometimes feel the urge to move on to something more mature, but fuck it there's nothing else to move on to. All you do is broaden your musical taste and take your occasional timeout of the whole psy stuff but at the end of the day you always come back striving for more... :)

you can check in any time you want but you can never leave :posford: