Music influenced by time?

OK, so I wanna make some investigation and I hope I get some results with your help..

I'm doing a survey of influence of day time at which music is produced with the mood of the songs that are made in that time..

I'm assuming that period of the day at which we do our tracks is strongly connected with kind of mood the track has at the end..

So u please post the time and part of the day when u make particular track and mood of that track, you could also write few examples to make this survey more precise..

I would really like much feedback on this at least when the first results show..

Thanks for participating in this project

Mods, how do I make a survey? U know, with stats and u just click on the answer..

So far i've done everything having to do with music late at night and into the next morning.... Heres a track I just (sort of) finished.

Me too. I find it very difficult to write during the daylight hours. I don't know why that is. It was the same when I was painting a lot. It's almost as if daylight is awake and witnessing what I'm doing, whereas I'd prefer to do it in secrecy and privacy, undercover of the night, as Mick Jagger says. :D

e: My music tends to have a nostalgic, bitter-sweet property. I think the quiet of the night helps me get in touch with this.

e: My music tends to have a nostalgic, bitter-sweet property. I think the quiet of the night helps me get in touch with this.

I think the night is cause of the dark tunes I make.. Man I hate dark but in the end the tracks turn out to be heavily dark.. Im thinking of doing music early in the morning, waking up at 3 a.m. instead of going to bed at that time.. Ill got to make a drastical change so I wanna now more is it realy the night that is turning music into dark stuff..

You Otto say your tunes are melodic which is oposite to my assumings.. I also love to work late at night cause there is no outside disturbances.. You can focus better but than again youre tired cause the day is at the end so its hard to work..

I'm doing a survey of influence of day time at which music is produced with the mood of the songs that are made in that time..

No relation, music comes from stores of inspiration mixed with creativity - if you are in a creative state of mind [active mind, comfort, and no distractions] and if you are inspired [ambition, vibe, and weed] you can set yourself to any project.

I can work during the day but I prefer the night as its a more relaxed "timeless" time - the hustle and bustle and annoyances of the day have all gone to bed, literally and metaphorically. However, I know people who have unplugged themselves from the regular way of life and work from on their own from their blissful home and these artists can work in the morning or the night or however they chose - I don't see a relation between time and the end result since time of day is not part of that equation

No relation, music comes from stores of inspiration mixed with creativity - if you are in a creative state of mind [active mind, comfort, and no distractions] and if you are inspired [ambition, vibe, and weed] you can set yourself to any project.

I can work during the day but I prefer the night as its a more relaxed "timeless" time - the hustle and bustle and annoyances of the day have all gone to bed, literally and metaphorically. However, I know people who have unplugged themselves from the regular way of life and work from on their own from their blissful home and these artists can work in the morning or the night or however they chose - I don't see a relation between time and the end result since time of day is not part of that equation

THX for feed..

Man just check my Timeless eternity track and you'll see how dark it turns out to be cause of that timeless feeling.. I don't know I would rather call it "man I got to go to work in few hours" feeling.

Im sure you all know that working early in the morning is really better cause your ears are fresh..

Thats especially crucial when mixing a track and doing mastering.. Ill try different setting for producing and see if the results change..

I just have that thing that when I start in evening track has really happy feeling and when I edit that same track at late night, early morning hours it sounds good, but when I wake up in the morning its really heavily dark mood of the track.. Its not that its less quality but just changed the mood.. I dig that ghostly sounds, almost like from some horror movie.. And the worst thing is that I dont like dark personally but in the end track turns out to be pretty dark.. I just always stuck doing dark and cant change my style.. How to change a style?

Well your style is simply the message you want to achieve with your music - you always have something you want to accomplish right? Just keep it in mind always and work towards it with what you're creating on the screen. Before you open up your work for a session (since it takes so many sessions to finish a track...grrr) try immersing yourself in thoughts, conversation, or experiences that reinforce the vibe of the message you want to spread through your music.

People and past experiences is really where I get alot of influence if I had to say it comes from somewhere - for example next time you try making a track, do something in your own style but think of an eccentric friend or group of people - then based on how well you know them try to make a track that would sound in ways that you think they would like - make the music match the characteristics of the person - this is something totally fun to do if you surround yourself with interesting people.