Top 20 tracks of the year

Goa Bill

In no particular disorder (Except track number 1)

Perfect Stranger & Dj Pena - Ode Ae Sol (Flow Records)

Ace Ventura & Lish - The Light (Iboga Records)

Atmos - KNS (Perfect Stranger Remix) (Iboga Records)

Cosm - OMG Its Electro Party Time (unrlsd)

Cosm - Never Stop Believing (unrlsd)

BLT - Patterns of... (A. Balter Remix) (unrlsd, soon on Iboga)

Antix - Free As We Are (Perfect Stranger Remix) (Iboga Records)

Citizen - Uncharted (Flow Records)

Sun Control Species - Polarized (Iboga Records)

Tristan - Focus (Nano Records)

Logic Bomb - Rascar Capac (Solstice Music)

Prometheus - 9th (Twisted)

Prometheus - Arcadia Magic (Twisted)

Vibrasphere - Floating Free (NoizeDrive Remix) (unrlsd)

Vibrasphere - Wasteland (Digital Structures)

Baltic Resonance (Solar Fields Remix) (Digital Structures)

Felis and Mish-kah - Xippie (unrlsd)

NoizeDrive - Analog Stuffing Machine (unrlsd)

BigWigs - Snack La Vista (Horns and Hoofs)

Sonify - The Disco Craze (FreeMP3)

Ticon - Models on Cocaine (unrlsd, soon on BNE?)

Perfect Stranger & Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace (Atmos Remix) (Iboga Records)

Ace Ventura - The Light (Zen Mechanics Remix) (unrlsd soon on Iboga)

Pretty weak year i reckon, Psy Trance wise anyway. Some of the tracks here are unreleased, sorry about that. I couldn't fill even a top10 with released tracks :wank:

Kindzadza - Proto Constructor

Kindzadza - Superstrings

Furious - Nishtyak

Penta - Take Two

Furious - Zayatz Rolls

Furious - Some Ossf Psidm

Nritya Shastra - Nritya Shastra

Electrypnose - Secret Weapon

Furious - Kore Btk

Ocelot - Carrier Wave

Kindzadza - Rapid Life System

Kerosene Club - The Surgeon

Sekt - R U Mental?

Aerosis - Constorsion

and some more from kindzadza - waves from inner space and new furius ablum :wank:

In random order:

Shift-Dead Meat Part II

Vishnudata-Villa Ghee People

Frozen Ghost-Ned's Mental

SynSUN-Embryo

KinDzaDza-Shivaya Voda

Zion Linguist-Twisted Radio

Twisted System-Mad Method (Live version)

Frozen Ghost-Frozen Toast

Squaremeat-Golden Accordeon

Brethren-Beware Of The Dog

Rabdom L-Black Hole

Artax-Toy Factor

Shift-Decadence

Tube-Eraze The System

Sattel Battle-Fuck It

SynSUN-Laser Show

5ips1s-Rats On Acid

Cosmo-Terno Dynamika

Darkaholic-Hostile World

Nexus Crawler-Sadako

Not included ambient stuff (need a whole new list for them), re-releases (Transwave, Dimension 5), Mindsphere-Inner Cyclone (still listening to it), Suntrip's Twist Dreams (haven't bough it yet)

DAMN YES! :)

and furthermore:

Atmos - Luxor

Sound Field - Second Step Above The Sun (Etnoscope Remix)

Matenda - Perspectives

Matenda - Natural Development

Vibrasphere - In Control

Protoculture - Revolutionizer (Positive Alchemists 3)

Protoculture - Peakaboo (Spinal Chord rmx) (Flip Out vol.5)

Protoculture - Ghost in the Machine (Trance Psychedelic Exp Vol.4)

Astrix - Take A Shot (unr)

Alternative Control vs Itza - Gir'ls Trance In Control Space (Trance Psychedelic Exp Vol.4)

Electro Sun vs Sesto Sento - Electro Sento (unr)

Electro Sun vs Visual Contact - Facing The Future (Overbeat plug n play vol.2)

Electro Sun vs Bizzare Contact - Visual Sunny Day pt.2 (unr)

Electro Sun vs Bizarre Contact - I've Got The Power(Cosmic Tone rmx) (Cyberdelica)

Electro Sun - Double Troube (Double Trouble)

System Nipel - Game On (Spaced Out)

System Nipel - Cranck (unr)

Black & White - Beater Sweat (rmx) (unr)

Cosma - Cusanam (Black & White rmx) (unr)

Triptych vs Senix - Hot Track (Accelerator 4.0) :P

Shanti - Flight of the Phoenix (Accelerator 4.0)

Shanti vs Poli - Kicking Scream (unr)

dark

Snap, Crackle & Pop - Where is Pop¿ (syntax error remix) (Psy Stories 3)

Cannibal Barbecue - Buffer Attack (unr)

Cannibal Barbecue vs Demonizz - Cerebral Stuck (unr)

Lab vs Darkbaba - untitled (unr)

Furious - Kak Bi Vse Ne Gluk (Amonit People)

Fearkiller - Reverse Readout (Amonit People)

Uform - Amonit People! (Amonit People)

Nritya Shastra - Nritya Shastra album

Corkscrew - Twisted Kingdom (unr)

prog

Intelabeam - Breathless (Looking For A Cure)

Perfect Stranger and Pena - Ode Ao Sol (Uncharted)

Perfect Stranger & Morax - Mountain High (Trancendental Journey Volume 1)

Twist Dreams album

Here are mine. not in order

Sienis - Form Another Perspective

Best track on the whole album. It all comes together. The grim fairy tale feel, the nuttiness, the ambience in the background & yes yes yes the bassline is so amazingly fantastic that when it comes in I can do anything else, I can't talk I can't walk straight I can't see. All I can do is smile & dance. Every part of me wants to move. Even when I'm sat down I can feel myself dancing! I think this is probably my favourite track of 2007. It's so infectious. I just want to listen to it again & again & again. I could probably have this on repeat at a party & be happy for hours :D

I only wish it was longer.

Prosect - Dr. Ivan & The Mad Peyote

With a track title so unbelievably shit you know that the music is either going to be undeniably shit or so fucked up & crazy that you just can't get enough.....so....which way is it?

Well, the answer is thankfully the latter. This is some crazy psychedelic, technological madness. Trippy, acidic, strange, fun,

weird, better make sure that nobody's watching you dance to this crazy stuff are all worthy adjectives. I've not heard this on the dancefloor but I'm sure it would be a challenge. It stops & starts without any constant rhythm but it keeps going. I

don't see any psy lovers leaving the dancefloor when this comes on but I don see a lot of confused bodies at least from those not entirely wasted!

Crazy craziness with a degree in crazology from the university of south madsley in craze london!

Asura - Golgotha

A soft dreamy opening with a lush drone & a drawn out ethnic melody leads into a heavy tribal beat. The melody continues & evolves then around the 3 and a half minute mark a long synth gives this track a vast feel. I feel like this track belongs in the sound track to some epic. I feel as if I'm stood on a hill watching an army charge towards me but safe in the knowledge that I can't be hurt. The melody changes from flute to voice almost noticeably.

Asura - La Chanson De Carla

Love this track! A Beautiful melody & gorgeous vocal. It seems lovely & lonely. It reminds me of nostalgia for an old girlfriends I mistakenly left behind on my journey in life & is now lost to me forever. At the same time it keeps up the celestial atmosphere of the rest of the album Life2 & is a great and to a great album.

Sync24 - White Pixels

Whatever choice we made this track makes us feel like it was the right decision. It takes us & wraps us in it's warm embrace. The most melodious so far & is quite beautiful in a melancholic kind of way. A female voice gives us the message The shadow of Earth can't block the radiation. White pixels shimmering as dying stars. Like thin Smoke trailing through the memory of someone still alive. Even now, white does not equal death. before a steady beat comes & takes us on another stage of the journey. Leaving behind the stark countryside into something more vibrant & alive.

(val)Liam - Perfectly Rational

I'm really looking forward to hearing more from this guy judging from the strength of his 2 tracks on Intermittent Memories. This one has a nice relaxed natural feel. The use of piano seems to Earth this track giving it a much more terrestrial feel. Like awaking from a dream about alien worlds to a warm Earth autumn morning.

Solar Fields - Air Song (Androcell Remix)

I wanted to see what Androcell could do with one of the greatest pieces of music ever made. It is basically everything a remix should be. It sounds very different from the original while still keeping some of the core aspects (in this case the slight melody) to make it recognisable. The beats are bigger, there is more energy & there is a vocal in it. A good remix, incomparable to the original because they are so different. Well done Androcell!

Vataff Project - Plasticine Bird

Love this track. The longest on the comp at over 10 minutes & we've made the transition from downbeat to more ambient sounds. There are still a few beats but they are very minimal & the ambient drone is at the forefront of the track. A minimal melody is very nice and interspersed with little 'plop' sounds. A very nice track. I especially like the waaaaahhhh drones later on :D

Spielerei & Mantacoup - Between Hope & Fear

An irregular beat & an irregular melody from the darkness both sound like hopeless hope from an uncertain future. This track oozes dark, bleak despair but offers hope at every turn. Of each turn of hope though, fear & despair grab at my boot heels & try to pull me down. The beats pull down, the piano pulls down, the drone pulls down & there is no hope left, only fear until out of nowhere comes our saviour. A melody almost lost in the sea of negativity but bright & sharp enough to push up with new life. An acorn sprouts from the earth & tries to grow, just to chopped down by a nuclear fallout, never to stand tall!

Spielerei & Mantacoup - After The Shockwave

Something is trying to grow in the wasteland. Something from nothing but still the nuclear wind tries to destroy everything that might be. Can anything prevail after the nuclear winter has descended? Still, something wants to grow but it's not organic. Industrial growth is all that prevails & it needs no organic help. The nuclear winds have stripped the earth of it's weak organisms & left it with only machines that have a strong desire to survive. They picked up on our final wishes, our desire to continue our life no matter the cost. But with no human life left it's up to our technology to survive, rebuild, evolve & fight each other. A cold dead world alive with nothing but the shadow of mankind. This is all that is left after mankind's need to protect itself.

Younger Brother - Psychic Gibbon

After the greatness of the first track on The Last Days of Gravity then the disappointment that followed I wasn't expecting this.

This is exactly what I would have liked the whole album to be. Interesting & psychedelic without relying on crap samples from past movies. Instead it relies on melodies & structure. It builds it's way up to the vocal which (is not a sample) fits in naturally to the track. Very good stuff, the sort of track I replay after it's finished.

Fizzy - Hymn in Honor of Symphonics

I'll forgive the lazy spelling of Honour in the title :lol: & say that this is much more like it! Yes there is a baseline again but this time it fits in much better with the rest of the track, I don't feel like I've heard it a million times before & it makes me want to move & most of all it's not the main focal point of the entire fucking track.

It's great to see someone nowadays who is able to make a 12+ minute trance track & have the skills to keep it interesting throughout.

A slight breakdown followed by a sample "Hisashiburi dane" It's been a long time. Then it kicks in proper with such an angelic melody, random though it is a first it gains cohesiveness as it goes along and manages to melt my brain each time I hear it! After the melody comes driving synth lines that just poke red hot acid into my already melted brain!

When an artist you've never heard of with such a silly name makes a piece of music good enough to put a smile on your face and give you optimism for the future of the scene it has to be a good thing. I just hope he becomes more well known within our small scene!

Younger Brother - Happy Pills

A nice chilled out melodic piece dripping with lovely psychedelic nuances. The beats are big but relaxed. Lots of space to move. The more intricate sub beats are nicer & an Indian melody gives way to a really nice 60's lounge melody. The whole track has the feel of a 60's smokers lounge just not crap.

Sienis - Watt Duh Hekk?!

The bom bom bom seems to have a resonance echo & the sounds shift from left to right in an off putting random way that makes you think your headphones are broken until the sounds fly around so much that they fill both sides. An incredibly infectious bassline which has made me look stupid at the train station trying to hold my desire to dance while waiting for the train. It's a small world after world is butchered by some weirdo freak in the breakdown before kicking back in with a completely different track. What the Hell happened? The Bizarreness is compounded by the return of the oscillating sounds from the right to the left randomly. Oh well 16% of the time it works everytime :D

Eat Static - Brassneck

The sample seems to describe Eat Static well, if you listen to the static then it fucks you up. Truer words have never been sampled. Another high octane track full of trippy alien weirdness with melodies that really take my brain to other dimensions. Dimensions of pure light, dimensions of energy & sound & back again.

Solar Fields - Cruise

A sublime ambient drone with a touch of melody in the background makes me feel everytime like this is going to be an ambient outro but as the beats trip in, that feeling drips away & is finally broken when the heavy bass stabs in & the beat, which now seems to have the foot eased off the pedal kicks in. The sound is back to the best heard on the album with the old school trance influences again. The synth build ups & the rave like break down putting me in the mood for some huge outdoor party 12 years ago but the melody rooting me right into 2007. Imagine a melodious rave track minus the cheesy cartoon sample plus modern production & you have this cruise. Bloody brilliant it is, the build ups are actually tense while being relaxing. Like waiting for something you really want while experiencing the next best thing. Sitting on a bean back waiting for someone to pass you the joint type stuff. This manages to sneak in the energy. You wait for a drop & suddenly it has just gone nuts without you realising it.

Solar Fields - Brainbow

The intro has little short stabs of acid bombarding the now crippled defenses of my cynicism. I have to admit that now I am in love with this music & want to have it's babies. As the beat kicks in I feel a small drop in my appreciation but when that melody comes in I just want to fall to the floor in joy. It's difficult to describe just how this melody sounds but it feels like it is covering me. All around me is a beautiful fog of music representing this music. It hums & chimes & rings & echoes through the smoke rings of my inner being & far out into the ether of the universe. When it leaves I feel the darkness with the light acid sounds lighting up the black sky. The melody creeps back in however with the re:emergence of the beat I had not noticed for the last few minutes. The times with the melody are almost orgasmic & those times when it's not there leave you waiting for it, wanting it, desiring it to enter your mind again & bring you the light & the colour that has been missing from your life.

Am I getting across just how good this melody is? It is a pretty simple melody but damn it's infectious & if it was a woman I think I would already have proposed. The bassline in the final part of the track is a nice driving one & fits round the melody while the spacey goodness of all the other sounds just blow my mind deep into the wondrous hyperspace of music created by Solar Fields. Mind Blowing!!

Solar Fields - Kick Back

Straight in with the beat & straight in with little melodic runs which sound, I have to say, magical. Some of the best melody I've heard in ages & the fact that each time it comes in it's so short & then goes, it feels like I'm being teased. I sit here waiting for it to come in next. I'm so busy waiting that I miss, the synths starting but when I finally hear them & the bassline I am once again in awe. This is really how psy at this pace should sound. Beautifully spacey with a lot of space for the sounds to breath. The steady 4-4 is not oppressive which is such a relief as I was worried that a too heavy kick would be the downfall of this album but Magnus in my eyes is a genius when it comes to music & he's produced a bloody brilliant track here. When the melody morphs into a what reminds me of an old school trance (not psy) classic but yet not, I feel a sense of nostalgia while being so happy with the state of modern music. The atmosphere created in the final run sees this track move so incredibly deep I almost weep with joy. This, without a doubt must be one of the best tracks released this year, in any genre.

Zero Cult - Part Of Rapture

I can't imagine a more fitting title. The rapture that encompasses me with the melody on this track is utterly amazing. The Emotion driven into an electronic body is very impressive & above all the melody just rings out class.

Mathias Grassow & Thomas Weiss - Language of Silence

Sounds buzz & twinkle in this track, under the drone seems to be life in the outer reaches of nothingness. In the vastness of space between planets there is not much but in this track there seems to be at least single cell life. Something that the light bounces off of. A very nice floaty track, feels like I'm orbiting a huge star at a distance of over 100Au. So just in the distance can I see one light just brighter than the rest, but not obvious. Very cool Spacey ambient.

Cymphonic - Unfoldment

From nothingness unfolds into beauty. The track starts with minimal ambient drones. Adds extra sounds & static from nowhere as it evolves & eventually produces a melody that is worthy of a spring flower. Simple & soft but beautiful. Easily missed but worth catching. A track I wish was longer so I could enjoy the beauty more.

Cymphonic - River Styx

This really does manage to sound like a river on fire separating me from the lost souls damned to all eternity. The water seems to drip upwards like flames & from beyond these flames the cold wishes from the long deceased cry out in joyous anguish. As we float along though they fade more into the background and the longer this goes the closer to the bank we get until I feel like I'm just sitting on the shores of hell, listening to the sea of souls lap against my ankles.

Amos - Fläktsystem

This track is stunningly beautiful. The melody is one of melancholic ecstasy & the beat vibrates as it rolls through the track. If you are a fan of melancholic chill then you will more than like likely fall in love with this track. Makes me feel like I'm in the part of a movie where everything in my life has fallen apart & all I can do is wander slowly around the city & see all the people going about there business totally unaware of my inner pain. Beautiful stuff.

Subgardens - Asleep Clockmaker

Well, I had some really high hopes for this track after the brilliance of listen to the flowers grow & Subgardens manages to keep their hundred percent record with this track. Weird slick beats & rushes in the background make room for a lovely cold melody that falls all around me. It feels like standing in the middle of my field with snow all over the ground and a gentle snowfall coming down. I like the beats that Subgardens keep coming out with. Something different from you usual beats. More glitchy with echo, reverb or something damn good done to them. Would love to hear more from these guys.

I've not heard everything so I'm sure it will change anyway ;)

My top tracks of this year:

Progressive:

Visua- Energy (aerospace rmx)

Protonica - upstream

Solead - chocolate milk

Ace ventura & lish - the light

Gaudium - surprise, So nice

SunControlSpecies - Here comes the titans

Matenda - Natural development

Matenda - Plain Vanilla

Matenda - Perspectives

Perfect stranger - perfect ace (atmos rmx)

Antix - Free as we are (perfect stranger rmx)

Perfect stranger - hyperdrive (BBE rmx)

Psy/dark/fullon:

OOOD - Eye of the beholder

Benza - pythagoras

Freaked frequency - landng

Bamboo Forest - radio talk

Concept - sharp phase

Concept - lost satellite

Jocid and psycobit - battery people

Azax syndrom & absolum - world of illusion (live mix)

A.P.E & outer signal - infowars

Phatmatix - mind manipulation

Penta - Perfect sunday

Penta - stag party

Penta - Time jump

Penta - mushroom

Huttiheita - sailing in the sky

Simian - shas-oh

Spinal chord - lucid dream

Spinal chord and switch - stop playing

ITP and U-recken - northern lights

And albums i like as whole (where i can't pick favorites)

Eat static - De-classified

Logic bomb - sonic algebra

Vibrasphere - Exploring the tributaries

VA - Extracensory perception

Bitmonxand Fabio - plugged

Kindzadza- waves from inner space

Ocelot - 9 lives

Blisargon demogoron - Book of magic

• 2 weeks later...

In no particular disorder (Except track number 1)

Perfect Stranger & Dj Pena - Ode Ae Sol (Flow Records)

Ace Ventura & Lish - The Light (Iboga Records)

Atmos - KNS (Perfect Stranger Remix) (Iboga Records)

Cosm - OMG Its Electro Party Time (unrlsd)

Cosm - Never Stop Believing (unrlsd)

BLT - Patterns of... (A. Balter Remix) (unrlsd, soon on Iboga)

Antix - Free As We Are (Perfect Stranger Remix) (Iboga Records)

Citizen - Uncharted (Flow Records)

Sun Control Species - Polarized (Iboga Records)

Tristan - Focus (Nano Records)

Logic Bomb - Rascar Capac (Solstice Music)

Prometheus - 9th (Twisted)

Prometheus - Arcadia Magic (Twisted)

Vibrasphere - Floating Free (NoizeDrive Remix) (unrlsd)

Vibrasphere - Wasteland (Digital Structures)

Baltic Resonance (Solar Fields Remix) (Digital Structures)

Felis and Mish-kah - Xippie (unrlsd)

NoizeDrive - Analog Stuffing Machine (unrlsd)

BigWigs - Snack La Vista (Horns and Hoofs)

Sonify - The Disco Craze (FreeMP3)

Perfect Stranger & Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace (Atmos Remix) (Iboga Records)

Ace Ventura - The Light (Zen Mechanics Remix) (unrlsd soon on Iboga)

Pretty weak year i reckon, Psy Trance wise anyway. Some of the tracks here are unreleased, sorry about that. I couldn't fill even a top10 with released tracks :wank:

I see lots of unreleased tracks there you bastard!!!! Wondering how many other you have that there not even in that list!?

A few :wank:

Ya, right.

Nice list though. I ll add

Younger Brother - Ribbon on a branch / Your friends are scary/ I Am A Freak

BBE - the sun sets

Beat Bizarre - stalactite (remaster)

Sun control species - kick me shake me

The Year is not even over yet.... What about all the December releases?? How can you digest 1 year of music without taking some time for all releases to be out and listen to them? Can't you wait for January 2008 to post "Best of 2007" :wank: ...Seems logical. And also, wouldn't it be nicer to name it : "Your best top whatever" since it only reflects personal opinions/tastes and in noways reflect the reality of the market (no offense).

Peace

See, I'm chilling :rolleyes:

The Year is not even over yet.... What about all the December releases?? How can you digest 1 year of music without taking some time for all releases to be out and listen to them? Can't you wait for January 2008 to post "Best of 2007" :wank: ...Seems logical. And also, wouldn't it be nicer to name it : "Your best top whatever" since it only reflects personal opinions/tastes and in noways reflect the reality of the market (no offense).

Peace

It's called a forum you imbecile. It's a place where people discuss and share their views and ideas. This is my view. If you don't agree with it you are more than welcome to go to www.satansworshippers.com or something

Peace

Nope! Can't wait. I'll post my favourites at this time & they'll no doubt change. But what's the point of waiting? Just so we have nothing to talk about? Let's not talk about anything! That would be fun!!!! :drama:

• 4 weeks later...

better late than nevargh

in no particular order :

sensifeel - eyes of truth

ace Ventura - psychic experience

gappeq - mobius strip

gappeq - the torque

cosmosis - metaphysical worlds

klopfgeister - hubble gum

pondscum - pinkish dip

hefty Output - ratten Vs saundars

prometheus - drug sock

solar fields - brainbow

solar fields - adjustement

glowing flame - peyote

scorb - angleterror

midimal - precipitation

benza - mechanism

benza - everyones a porn star

ticon - in stereo (even 11 rmx)

xenomorph - secret satanic hierarchy

xenomorph - economic sabotage

new born - the observer

twas a good year for most sub-genres of psychedelic music. keep those goodies coming yawl. :posford:

In no particular order my top 14 (and without Suntrip stuff and not yet Mindsphere included... Later I will update)

Chronos - Self Overcoming (Steps to the Great Knowledge)

E-Mantra - Crop Circles (Mainspring Motion)

Imaginary Sight - (Outhere) - The Well of Enchanted Sounds

Trold - It's All About Cycles (Time Of Illusion)

Transwave - Code S9 (Backfire)

Tea Chairs - Turrikaner (Tea Chairs)

Sync 24 - Replicant (Source)

Sync 24 - White Pixels (Source)

Sattel Battel - Work in Space (Sounds Cool)

Sattel Battel - Big Bang (Sounds Cool)

Ka-Sol - Knölpaksbrak (Holocryptic Audio)

Sienis - Momentary Insanity (No Tone Unstirred)

Squaremeat - Golden Accordion (No Tone Unstirred)

Chi-ad - Black Light (Pure Planet 2)