VA - Opus Iridium [Suntrip Records / SUNCD10]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of updates :

MUSIC

- Cosmic Silence is still working...

- Merr0w had submitted some tracks that he had done aside of his album-making, but he's now putting a great effort on a track called I.T.E.R. Something between Chakra & EdiMis style and Etnica - Zeta Reticuli (!). Will it be finished on time ? Will it fit the rest of the compil ? We hope so :)

- Ethereal guys are also working for us !!!! The extract was very enthusiasming. Deadlines are coming but we're trusting them.

- Else we got some unreleased track from some older great group. Yet we prefer letting younger outsiders drive the story.

ARTWORK

The odds are that the front cover will be powered by the German artist Margot Schaefer, like with Apsara and Twist Dreams, so we're staying on the same artistic line

http://www.margotschaefer.com

Some of the inlay will be powered by Carlos Pardo, Franco-Chillan artist, friend of mine, and well known in the gaming/advertising/publishing circles. Check his website !!!

http://www.m4de.com

The booklet will be quite huge, so if some of you have some good double-page booklet artwork (240*120 mm) where it's possible to write some text, I'd be happy to receive your submissions until december 31st >> mars[at]suntriprecords[dot]com

- Else we got some unreleased track from some older great group. Yet we prefer letting younger outsiders drive the story.

And I thank you for that. Hopefully I'll be part of this new wave in a year or two :wank:

But still, I wouldn't mind some unreleased track by Astral Projection or Etnica. :rolleyes:

It seems you're still looking for uptempo track. Maybe something by Ka-Sol ? Is he still making music anyway ?

Who is Ajna? I've searched a little but not found anything...

He's some shy guy from France who made his first track for some time and it appeaed it was a masterpiece !

http://www.myspace.com/ajnasound

Else I updated the tracklist on the first page, with Artfact303 whose track is mindblowing.

This relates to that http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49990

Else I updated the tracklist on the first page, with Artfact303 whose track is mindblowing.

Server at full capacity :( First track was nice, not mind blowing to me but nice! I am really looking forward to this release since there is an ambient side of it.

He's some shy guy from France who made his first track for some time and it appeaed it was a masterpiece !

http://www.myspace.com/ajnasound

I like his style!

Good he will be on the comp :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

The tracklist looks complete as of tonight ! Check the 1st post. Thanks to the artists for their hard work !!!

We're very very sorry for those who badly wanted to be in it, worked hard too, and did not make it. We wanted a special artistic line there, that's why we got though even on superb tracks.

Buuuuut...maybe they will have a second chance, later héhéhé

Here the final tracklist :) CD 1 is pure dancefloor bliss, CD 2 is pure emotional ambient... As said before, it took us nearly 8 months to compile the ambient cd alone, so I hope everyone will be satisfied! :) We are at least :)

CD1 - Trance cd :

1. E-Mantra - Voyager II (Romenia)

2. Shakta - 10 Times Around the Sun (uk)

3. Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca (Sweden)

4. Artifact303 - Feelings (Romenia)

5. Ajna - The Art of Happiness (France)

6. Radical Distortion - The Dreamer (Greece)

7. Afgin - From The Heart (Tribute to Wonderboy) (Israel)

8. Ethereal - Moondawn (Sweden)

CD2 - Ambient cd... who will be slightly mixed

1. Mindsphere - Frozen Sleep (Turkey)

2. Solar Fields - Confusion Illusion Remix (Sweden)

3. Electrypnose - ChillinBerlin (Switzerland)

4. E-Mantra - Sectret Prophecy (Romenia)

5. Aes Dana - Lysistrata (France)

6. Asura - Altered State (France)

7. SiebZehn - Bongalore and Beyond (Germany)

8. Astral Waves - Contemplation (Canada)

9. Ra - Road To Shiraz (Norway)

Ambient side looks really neat, instant buy for me, though I usually don't buy compilations. But also I want to support Suntrip, not particularly bcs I am so into Goa, but more for the simple reason that you people really burn for this and is trying to keep it alive at all costs. And that deserves support.

Here the final tracklist :) CD 1 is pure dancefloor bliss, CD 2 is pure emotional ambient... As said before, it took us nearly 8 months to compile the ambient cd alone, so I hope everyone will be satisfied! :) We are at least :)

CD1 - Trance cd :

1. E-Mantra - Voyager II (Romenia)

2. Shakta - 10 Times Around the Sun (uk)

3. Filteria - Birds Lingva Franca (Sweden)

4. Artifact303 - Feelings (Romenia)

5. Ajna - The Art of Happiness (France)

6. Radical Distortion - The Dreamer (Greece)

7. Afgin - From The Heart (Tribute to Wonderboy) (Israel)

8. Ethereal - Moondawn (Sweden)

CD2 - Ambient cd... who will be slightly mixed

1. Mindsphere - Frozen Sleep (Turkey)

2. Solar Fields - Confusion Illusion Remix (Sweden)

3. Electrypnose - ChillinBerlin (Switzerland)

4. E-Mantra - Sectret Prophecy (Romenia)

5. Aes Dana - Lysistrata (France)

6. Asura - Altered State (France)

7. SiebZehn - Bongalore and Beyond (Germany)

8. Astral Waves - Contemplation (Canada)

9. Ra - Road To Shiraz (Norway)

Yeah, really tasty tracklisting. :D

A new track by Shakta, and goa trance, yum ! Tracks from Ethereal, E-Mantra, Filteria, trance disc smells very good.

As for ambient, the artists and track names are top notch. I can see now why you think that Opus Iridium might be your best compilation. ;)

Shakta?! :posford:

Filteria..(!!) :)

Ethereal..(!!) ;)

Solar Fields..(!!) :huh::)

Electrypnose..(!!) :rolleyes:

Aes Dana..(!!) :drama:

Asura..(!!) :clapping:

Ra..(!!) :)

This looks too good to be true. This is easily Suntrips most ambitious feat yet. This is like a blockbuster double album in Psy with far more famous artists than I have ever seen on any PSY compilation in current memory. I will be in awe if virtually each and every one of these artists (not just the great ones I mentioned above) pull through with a winning gem. I look forward to the extracts.

Already looks like this'll be the release of 2008 ;) So much is in this and the story is woven with such pationate detail. These guys Anoebis and Mars work very hard and very legitimiately, and they're doing more than an amazing job so far :) We have these guys to think for really uniting goa in this day and age and passing it on - and it'll only grow from here!