can you gie me eny advise please

Hello can eny 1 give me some ideas with wot ime using i have got reason on the pc plus Ableton live witch i use in rewire 4 the vst ive got most of the good vst on but it seems to me as if you are all using cue base ime still learning and i found Steinberg Nuendo cue base a bit tricky would i be ok to learn this set up first as ime still learning all though i have made a few tunes. reasons not that easy 4 me ime still going through all the tutorials 4 them eny feed back would be nice thanks. by the way i read music if thats eny help ;)

Hello can eny 1 give me some ideas with wot ime using i have got reason on the pc plus Ableton live witch i use in rewire 4 the vst ive got most of the good vst on but it seems to me as if you are all using cue base ime still learning and i found Steinberg Nuendo cue base a bit tricky would i be ok to learn this set up first as ime still learning all though i have made a few tunes. reasons not that easy 4 me ime still going through all the tutorials 4 them eny feed back would be nice thanks. by the way i read music if thats eny help ;)

I have all of those programs that you listed but I don't use any of them. As a beginner too, I use Fruity Loops the most~. It has all sorts of amazing presets, voices, synths, tutorials, etc. right out of the box so you don't have to go and create everything from scratch. Small steps~ small steps.

woot are you talig :lol: ?

Inside joke ? :blink:

Radi-ism :drama: .

Ā 

but yeah.... I'm gonna recommend you start with a tracker first... It'll make life easier when you continue on with everything else... But keep in mind, you'll be learning hexadecimal whether you like it or not :) (it's basically numbers in base 16 rather than base ten). also they usually aren't as flashy as other music programs...

Ā 

A recommendation for tracker?

Jeskola Buzz of course :)

Ā 

good luck buddy :)

I hope to see some cool tracks from you...

But keep in mind, you'll be learning hexadecimal whether you like it or not :) (it's basically numbers in base 16 rather than base ten). also they usually aren't as flashy as other music programs...

Why should he learn hex? He can stick to reason and after rewire it with cubase when he gains some experiance..

I didnt had to learn hex so far..

I have all of those programs that you listed but I don't use any of them. As a beginner too, I use Fruity Loops the most~. It has all sorts of amazing presets, voices, synths, tutorials, etc. right out of the box so you don't have to go and create everything from scratch. Small steps~ small steps.

I thought Fruity Loops were for kids ? :unsure:

Inside joke ? :blink:

Ime asking if reason rewired to Ableton Live 6.0.5 is a good start as a beginner i love psytrance and eny psychedelic and ambient ps got the best bunch of vst on the go is that eny clear a cheers ???? :posford:

^^^^

I've been using buzz lately and most of the plugin sliders increase and decrease in hexadecimal.

hello just been cheking that buzz out have you seen all the bugs in it OMG check this site out http://www.noolmusic.com/buzzboard/crashing_problems.shtml

I thought Fruity Loops were for kids ? :unsure:

You are joking right? Like "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids."

Ā 

If you are not, FL is a very capable music program. "It is what isn't" was written on Fruity 3. Some GREAT enhancements have been made since then. If you don't believe that Fruity is a decent program for writing music, search through the posts here. There is a thread listing different tracks that were written on Fruity. The list will amaze you.

Ā 

Kat

So I checked that Jeskola also and I dont understand why are u recomending him such complicated stuff.. Its like recomending him NI reaktor..

Stuff like Reaktor turned me away from modulars, and Jeskola would do that also.. I like to work in good looking gui, if I have to stare at something for hours than I dont want to stare at some boxes on the screen which I have to wire.. There are many lot more user friendly modulars than those like buzz.. Only good thing is that supports vsts..

Anyways reason and ableton look nice to the eye and have all the stuff in them to make complete song so I would suggest him to study them and later he can get more into separate vsts and aband reason.. Reason is great for learning and FL is also.. FL now supports vsts and a lot more.. But at the time I used it it didnt.. For me, in FL I feel like Im not so much in control over details..

Ime asking if reason rewired to Ableton Live 6.0.5 is a good start as a beginner i love psytrance and eny psychedelic and ambient ps got the best bunch of vst on the go is that eny clear a cheers ???? :posford:

why need reason? just go for ableton alone with vsts!

why need reason? just go for ableton alone with vsts!

reason is much more difficult to learn then ableton live. just follow the manual and read in forums and soon ( in a year or so) you know everything you need to know about production and you can focus only on creativity.

reason is much more difficult to learn then ableton live. just follow the manual and read in forums and soon ( in a year or so) you know everything you need to know about production and you can focus only on creativity.

For me reason is not difficult at all, its just that u have to do so much connections so that messes with your creativness.. Its fun at start but connecting cabels after some time can be a bug.. And only thing that I dont like in reason is that is closed daw.. You are limited only on it and that means all the sounds are chewed many times.. And if u want some upgrade u are limited to the refills.. That for me is simply done for commercial reasons , so they could hold all the money for themselves.. Ableton is better in that view..

wow, i never found reason difficult. took me 2 hours to get into. ableton on the other hand has given me a lot of grief, its 1000 times more complex than reason imo. also better of course :D

FL now supports vsts and a lot more.. But at the time I used it it didnt.. For me, in FL I feel like Im not so much in control over details..

Jesus man, how long ago did you try Fruity? I first started using it nearly 7 years ago and it supported VST even back then. :blink:

Jesus man, how long ago did you try Fruity? I first started using it nearly 7 years ago and it supported VST even back then. :blink:

O man Im shocked too.. In my bio I wrote Im "involved" in music for about 7 years but I took fruity and stuff like magix music maker :clapping: and even that music maker on playstation into account.. I hated cubase cause it didnt have anything then, and even magix music maker was better and fruity was way better.. Than reason improved much with version 2..

That what I wrote in a bio was just a joke but when I mentioned this on some other forum, people said that fruity and stuff like that also counts.. I dont look at it that way, I feel like I dont know much but man am I really so long into this? Where did time pass, where are albums? I should released platinum record till now :lol:

Man, thats scares me, u put me in "nemo" group :D .. I feel like I just started learning.. till now I didnt fell comfotable with tools I had, all that stuff was insufficient for my creativity till cubase SX.. Now I think that there is no need for better program than that.. I didnt check cubase 4 and think I wont..

When I first looked at cubase years ago I though you could never make goa track with it but still people did it.. At that time u couldnt do anything good at home, there was no vsts, no good DAW, you were limited to hardware.. Man, do u realize how lucky we are today? I just watched one video tutorial and in just one hour you get information you would otherwise take year to discover alone.. I feel like its waste of time that 7 years when I could now without any knowledge rush into music making and be ready for few months to make something as good as Im making now after all that years.. But in the optimistic point of view, better now than never..