Sync or Swim

Symphoid

Wow, this is releasable stuff right there. Great 'psychill' (sorry for that word), and I love the glitchy 8bit-ish sounds. Nice dubby beats, but the best thing about this is the combination of idm-ish breaks in between and the melodies. Very impressive. Don't know if I agree on the mix of adventure and tragedy, though.

What are you going to do with this? This could fit right on a Native State VA or on one of the latest Aleph Zero compilations, I think. :)

[e]Second listen. Damn, this is actually really good. I do get the idea that productionwise it could be somewhat clearer, i.e. it's a bit fuzzy and not crystal clear altogether, but that's just nitpicking.

Very impressed indeed. :)

Thanks so much for the great review, Snap. What I'd like to do is add this to my first release once I get the last track completed. The one I'm currently working on is a bastard of a track :D It's taken me months to get a solid grip on.

Thats a lovely composition you made dude. in between i thought i was actually listening to some track by zero cult. love the part between 2:50 and 3:30 ! get it released :)

hi!

dub intro, groovy and harmonic... beautiful melodies, good production...

amazing story! great key melodies, great passages...

GREAT MUSIC! I'm very impressed :)

good work and very good luck, you deserve it!!!

Boom

This is a great track. One thing I love about Billy's work is how it seems his sounds are floating in a huge space where each sound is miles away from the next, but they all still function together somehow. I don't know how he does it. And I love the very last melody that fades the track out.

Okay, so someone's going to have to take some initiative here...Someone should direct one of these labels like AlephZero to Billy's work.

Wow, this one made my brain melt. I put a lot of work into creating this track and hopefully you'll find that is was worth it. It's a mix of tragedy and adventure (thanks, Per ;) ). Will you have a listen?

Sync or Swim - Acidplanet

Sync or Swim - Yousendit

im going to tell you like it is, because its what i do

when i think of symphoids music i think of non conformity. non mold like sounds and structure.

honestly dude this is not you. this day is mine.. thats the direction you need to be in. accessible music is great.. it will do what has to be done. but many people do accessible.. go in the this day is mine direction and do it so good you master it.. you will not only be accessible but in a league of your own. ;)

Superb, as always. Nothing more to add really.

Okay, so someone's going to have to take some initiative here...Someone should direct one of these labels like AlephZero to Billy's work.

He must be too shy or too modest to do it himself. :lol:

But I agree that music of such quality should get released. :rolleyes:

I love it, i'm still running through the first play but i can already tell it's gonna get some milage on these speakers... Thanks a bunch for sharing, it's got soundsignature all over, but i notice things improving and maturing even more. You are not on your way, you are there :)

congrats

Bravo man really good. I listen to it 3 times in the road.

Thanks, Nurbs :) On the road music is my fave.

Thats a lovely composition you made dude. in between i thought i was actually listening to some track by zero cult. love the part between 2:50 and 3:30 ! get it released :)

what a great compliment, thanks exotic!

hi!

dub intro, groovy and harmonic... beautiful melodies, good production...

amazing story! great key melodies, great passages...

GREAT MUSIC! I'm very impressed :)

good work and very good luck, you deserve it!!!

Boom

Hey serguei, thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. :)

Pro work pal.

The solo is a m a z i n g.It has Pink Floyd feeling.Why you didn't continue with it?

I mean make the solo bigger and add 3 more min to the track.

Like it.

Wow! Thank you sparkunian! With the synth solo, I felt i shouldn't get too carried away otherwise I'd step into jam-band territory.

This is a great track. One thing I love about Billy's work is how it seems his sounds are floating in a huge space where each sound is miles away from the next, but they all still function together somehow. I don't know how he does it. And I love the very last melody that fades the track out.

Man Per, you really know how to make me feel good about my work :D

That sound at the end was a monophonic string in 3/4 time. i love the contrast that time signatures has over 4/4.

im going to tell you like it is, because its what i do

when i think of symphoids music i think of non conformity. non mold like sounds and structure.

honestly dude this is not you. this day is mine.. thats the direction you need to be in. accessible music is great.. it will do what has to be done. but many people do accessible.. go in the this day is mine direction and do it so good you master it.. you will not only be accessible but in a league of your own. ;)

Hey Lu Bu, I very much appreciate your comments and that you hold my music making potential in such high regard. This Day is Mine was an exciting track to make, but I truly can't stick with one style or one vibe. I have to be true to myself and the way I express myself musically. It may fluctuate in accessibilty, but the music has to be made.

This is unvelievably good! Yes it could be longer.. the solo is amazing

:) Thanks so much, Towelie! I'm really glad you liked it.

Great as usual. :clapping:

There's something about the bass. It's nice, but not perfect enough. It should be more like those phat basses on Hallucinogen In Dub :o

Thanks a lot, Bahamut! I'm in agreement with you about the bass. I've been listening on different systems and it's just not meaty enough. I'm gonna tweak this a little more. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Superb, as always. Nothing more to add really.

He must be too shy or too modest to do it himself. :lol:

But I agree that music of such quality should get released. :rolleyes:

Hey McKoy, thanks man :) Well getting my release out there is not so much because of shyness, but rather fear. I'm really taking the plunge this time though.

I love it, i'm still running through the first play but i can already tell it's gonna get some milage on these speakers... Thanks a bunch for sharing, it's got soundsignature all over, but i notice things improving and maturing even more. You are not on your way, you are there :)

congrats

Thanks so much, RAH. You're too kind :)

• 3 weeks later...

Its not only amazing music, but its also creative, smart and unique. I simply love Symph work, and the fact that this track is amazing it didnt surprised me at all

One of the greatest eletronic tracks I heard this year, trully

Keep up Symph, and congrats :)

Its not only amazing music, but its also creative, smart and unique. I simply love Symph work, and the fact that this track is amazing it didnt surprised me at all

One of the greatest eletronic tracks I heard this year, trully

Keep up Symph, and congrats :)

Thank you so much, Stalker. That's an amazing thing to say. I truly am glad that you enjoyed it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow , been trough this one 2 times , and read the comments at the same time , hehe. Man this is good , retro feeling.. strong emotions with this one , great production! Agree with the bass issue , but its nothing that takes down the song overall.. 10/10 , keep it up , sounds good m8. maybe 1-2 nice remixes of it , i know i would like to hear em =) thx!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice track dude! I would send this to twisted or ultimae records this is definitely releasable!

Thanks Getafix :) You think Twisted would take this one? Wow!

Wow, Symph, really nice track. I have nothing more to add cause others said it all. Keep up the good work Symph. :D

Great to know you liked it Seraph :) Thanks a lot!

Wow , been trough this one 2 times , and read the comments at the same time , hehe. Man this is good , retro feeling.. strong emotions with this one , great production! Agree with the bass issue , but its nothing that takes down the song overall.. 10/10 , keep it up , sounds good m8. maybe 1-2 nice remixes of it , i know i would like to hear em =) thx!

Very cool :) Thanks a bunch, f0rce! If you or anyone want to remix this one, don't hesitate to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...