The things that annoy you the most about parties nowadays!

sammyhkhan

HONESTLY???

THE SAMENESS (as someone mentioned)

There's little surprise when one knows what to expect. Sure it's all alot of fun but certain things lose their allure by the 100th time. Some innovation would be nice. Not saying there's a TON of creativity and original ideas at some of these parties. I guess I'm getting decentisized to them. Also, so many people are like, you're cool man. You're awesome. People I don't even know. First I thought it made me feel special, but then when they turned around and said the SAME THING to several other people (numorous times in more or less different ways with numorous people) I began realizing these people were kind of the "same" so to speak. I realize their being positive and feel good and that's the point (I never saw a fight at any PSY party to date) but still... The whole thing comes across as a bit tacky or pointless in a sense, to spend so much time and/or action telling someone how awesome one thinks someone is -- who he or she doesn't even know!!

HARD READING PEOPLE

Sometimes the girls are so friendly that it's difficult to tell who is single and who is not. My friends have this confusion sometimes. They'll be talking to a girl and a guy approaches her, often times not. Some people would like to find a potential friend or partner in the same scene they enjoy, however many people act single even if they're not. Furthermore, a smile often means a smile and it can also mean so much more. Naturally in life the same goes for everything but at these parties there is ALOT of fucking smiiles. It's sometimes difficult to read the intent because it's so frequent. :D;)

NO GOA MUSIC

None. EVER. They NEVER play GOA. Not at the PSY parties I go to. I live in and around the Philadelphia area, the North-East coast in the United States. Go figure. Our culture is about as deep as the photo I last pleasured myself to. I never danced to GOA at a club or outside or inside party event in my life!!!

EXPLOITATION

I'm sick of people describing themselves as a FREE SPIRIT. Oh free spirit this, free spirit that... as if it's the most popular tv show in the world. The word, like ENERGY has become such a trend that the core meaning has become exploited to some degree. It's lost some of its appreciation, its truth clouded when so many people are saying the same thing so often. Find a new adjective. It's like, *sarcasm* "GREAT!!! . You're a free spirit. You do what you want. So do I. Let's fuck." No I'm just kiddin!!! :D

-no stroboscope light

thats all. :) im very happy with the parties i attend, and i go to parties every weekend.

My man :)

Bring 'em muthafucking strobe lights back!!!

Many parties I've been to recently have had no back room :(

After a few hours in the main room I really want to chill out somewhere cool with nice breaks or ambient or something.

HONESTLY???

THE SAMENESS (as someone mentioned)

There's little surprise when one knows what to expect. Sure it's all alot of fun but certain things lose their allure by the 100th time. Some innovation would be nice.

I miss those days when P2P did not exist and you could hear new tracks ONLY@parties ....

After a few hours in the main room I really want to chill out somewhere cool with nice breaks or ambient or something.

Chillout room is responsible for 50% (at least) of success .

/me = chillout whore ;)

I know, whats up with that lately? I remember 4-5 years ago when nearly every indoor party in Japan had a chillout room, now they have seemed to vanish of the face of the island. Only at outdoor partys can you count on a good chill ambient area.

Chillout room is responsible for 50% (at least) of success .

/me = chillout whore ;)

Hell yeah. Some organisors just do a half-arsed chillout because they think it's something obligatory at a party... Which of course it is, but then please make it something special, and ffs, stop using the crappiest soundsystem available. (more of a personal annoyance, hehe). Chillouts don't need a loud system, but good sound can do wonders. I think I dj a lot better when I can actually hear nuances in my tracks.

Have you got a problem with this thread? Why even bother then? Go enjoy your scene and don't post in this thread!

If I knew you would get so angry, I wouldn't have bothered to post. :)

I just posted the aspect of the scene which frustrates me, which is the point of this thread, no?

But my biggest frustration is myself. I can't seem to just enjoy music anymore, I always hear bad mixes, cheesy tracks, lame buildups, notice bad soundsystems or bad setups, lame digital-fluoro-mandala decor, candy ravers. I'm getting a bit old, or something.

I think the longer you go to parties, the more critical you become, especially if you dj as well... it's a curse, I tell ya.

The drugtaking has been there since the beginning, and doesn't really bother me that much, but I admit I did get annoyed by all these E-tards for a while... but you get over it. :)

God I sound cynical. Here's a smiley to counterbalance all that. :)

this perfectly sums up my feelings on the topic................

If I knew you would get so angry, I wouldn't have bothered to post. :)

I just posted the aspect of the scene which frustrates me, which is the point of this thread, no?

Yeah Yeah! Basically what your previous post was saying was that I and the other people posting in this thread were annoying you because we were airing some of our frustrations? I reckon you have got to be open-minded to people's frustrations as well... Listen and try to understand where people are coming from...

For the record, you are not making me angry or annoyed. I just felt that your post was ignorant in light of the previous posts. If people that complain annoy you, why didn't you stay away from this thread?

i stopped going when things started to annoy me. :)

Personally the scence does not annoy me to the extent that I don't feel like going to parties. I still love the people and there is nothing like hearing my favourite tracks on a good soundsystem even though I have to sift through some shit as well, but that is all part of it...