The things that annoy you the most about parties nowadays!

sammyhkhan

Well...i can't really put my finger on it, and it definetly has a lot to do with the local scene, but i haven't attended much Parties in the last 2 Years, as it was just the same loop everytime...Same Music, same People, same cops, same drugs, same fake attitude (of me and everyone else...)I think i've came a few years to late to witness the better days of the Scene (The parties that is, not the music).

Now what really annoys me the most? The Music. No one here is willing to bring some innovative Acts to the Parties. If it is Progressive, it's the same boring UmpaUmpa Progressive all the Time (There is soooo fucking good Progressive out there...). If it is FullOn...well it's FullOn. Not many surprises here. If it is really Psychedelic Trance...oh wait. There is no Psychedelic Trance played here. Just FullOn and Prog....and, if the Partyorganizer is the total uber-Guerilla, there is are 2-4 hours of random Darkpsy ( <_< ) played during the night.

There is so much good music out there, but people seem to be happy with the same generic music over and over again.

beh.

Seems like the scene in Switzerland is so nice or maybe I'm just not going to enough parties but the last few times I've been to psy parties I've enjoyed it a lot. When I was there the music was great and if it wasn't the people were so great it didn't really matter. Because of that: no real complaints! :)

Ok, I wouldn't mind some free LSD-drink at the entrance, I've heard that was something not that unusual back in the old times. :P

Well...i can't really put my finger on it, and it definetly has a lot to do with the local scene, but i haven't attended much Parties in the last 2 Years, as it was just the same loop everytime...Same Music, same People, same cops, same drugs, same fake attitude (of me and everyone else...)I think i've came a few years to late to witness the better days of the Scene (The parties that is, not the music).

Now what really annoys me the most? The Music. No one here is willing to bring some innovative Acts to the Parties. If it is Progressive, it's the same boring UmpaUmpa Progressive all the Time (There is soooo fucking good Progressive out there...). If it is FullOn...well it's FullOn. Not many surprises here. If it is really Psychedelic Trance...oh wait. There is no Psychedelic Trance played here. Just FullOn and Prog....and, if the Partyorganizer is the total uber-Guerilla, there is are 2-4 hours of random Darkpsy ( <_< ) played during the night.

There is so much good music out there, but people seem to be happy with the same generic music over and over again.

beh.

haha omg dude you pretty much summed up what really pisses me off about parties here. it is almost the fucking same here , identical to the dot on the i.

i can safely say now that scene stinks of pretty much the same things all over. :)

I see myself as an old-school trancer and will have to admit that my memories of the scene back in the 90s probably mostly are naive. However, today the excessive use of psychedelics and other random drugs really gets to me. I just dont get it how one can enjoy the music and interconnectedness at a party if one is having problems talking and/or even standing up in the first place??? Maybe I have just changed?

Another thing that also really gets to me is the attitudes and hierarchies among DJs towards each other, but also towards non-DJs. What is the big deal if you have played for 5 or 10 years or if you are playing full-on or prog??? Should not we be celebrating diversity within the scene?

What aspects of the scene frustrates you? Discuss...

My aspect... Know your music... And go to the parties where the music you like is being played... If you see a big sign with a commercial for a hypersonic party i will quickly run the other way... And look for music i like insteed... The same reason i don't go to justin timberlake concerts

Another thing that also really gets to me is the attitudes and hierarchies among DJs towards each other, but also towards non-DJs. What is the big deal if you have played for 5 or 10 years or if you are playing full-on or prog??? Should not we be celebrating diversity within the scene?

"Everyone's a DJ, the real heroes are the shitpit-diggers."

(someone told me that was the motto of some Ozzie festival... I think it's brilliant and very spot on)

But my biggest frustration is myself. I can't seem to just enjoy music anymore, I always hear bad mixes, cheesy tracks, lame buildups, notice bad soundsystems or bad setups, lame digital-fluoro-mandala decor, candy ravers. I'm getting a bit old, or something.

I think the longer you go to parties, the more critical you become, especially if you dj as well... it's a curse, I tell ya.

The drugtaking has been there since the beginning, and doesn't really bother me that much, but I admit I did get annoyed by all these E-tards for a while... but you get over it. :)

Oh, and yeah, I think there's a lot of fakeness in the 'goa'-scene. People who think they're so PLUR and fucking hippie, but all they really care about is belonging to a group of people who wear the same fluo clothes as they do, take the same drugs and are all very openminded, but at monday they just go to their 9-5 jobs and fit in perfectly.

Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but pretending to be higher and mightier than the next person really gets to me. Fuck the fuck off, you fake-ass hippie you!! Sorry for the swearing, I guess that's what bothers me most. Fake-ass hippies... Just be yourself, goddamnit.

The only indoor parties that can get me interested these days, is where they do something different. Like bringing Ozrics and Eat Static to Paradiso, or having a cool location, or mixing different styles of music. The nextdoor full on laptop act won't get me out of my house anymore. Sad but true.

God I sound cynical. Here's a smiley to counterbalance all that. :)

God I sound cynical.

Oh no...im percieving just the same. Trainwreckage that freaks me out, Sets where the Bassline doesn't change in 2 hours, Stupid Remixes, Cheesy vocals. I've developed quite high standards in what i want to hear on a party. When my expectations aren't fullfilled, i'd like to go to the entrance and get my money back. I don't know where this elitism comes from....but it sometimes sucks that i can't just Party like 5 years ago.

It's totally different on a good Open Air Festivals though...When im there, it's like holiday for me, and i can't bother to spend my holiday all grumpy :D

"Everyone's a DJ, the real heroes are the shitpit-diggers."

(someone told me that was the motto of some Ozzie festival... I think it's brilliant and very spot on)

But my biggest frustration is myself. I can't seem to just enjoy music anymore, I always hear bad mixes, cheesy tracks, lame buildups, notice bad soundsystems or bad setups, lame digital-fluoro-mandala decor, candy ravers. I'm getting a bit old, or something.

I think the longer you go to parties, the more critical you become, especially if you dj as well... it's a curse, I tell ya.

The drugtaking has been there since the beginning, and doesn't really bother me that much, but I admit I did get annoyed by all these E-tards for a while... but you get over it. :)

Oh, and yeah, I think there's a lot of fakeness in the 'goa'-scene. People who think they're so PLUR and fucking hippie, but all they really care about is belonging to a group of people who wear the same fluo clothes as they do, take the same drugs and are all very openminded, but at monday they just go to their 9-5 jobs and fit in perfectly.

Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but pretending to be higher and mightier than the next person really gets to me. Fuck the fuck off, you fake-ass hippie you!! Sorry for the swearing, I guess that's what bothers me most. Fake-ass hippies... Just be yourself, goddamnit.

The only indoor parties that can get me interested these days, is where they do something different. Like bringing Ozrics and Eat Static to Paradiso, or having a cool location, or mixing different styles of music. The nextdoor full on laptop act won't get me out of my house anymore. Sad but true.

God I sound cynical. Here's a smiley to counterbalance all that. :)

its cause you cut those dreadlocks, i am SURE!!! :lol:

Oh no...im percieving just the same. Trainwreckage that freaks me out, Sets where the Bassline doesn't change in 2 hours, Stupid Remixes, Cheesy vocals. I've developed quite high standards in what i want to hear on a party. When my expectations aren't fullfilled, i'd like to go to the entrance and get my money back. I don't know where this elitism comes from....but it sometimes sucks that i can't just Party like 5 years ago.

It's totally different on a good Open Air Festivals though...When im there, it's like holiday for me, and i can't bother to spend my holiday all grumpy :D

Yup, couldn't agree more. But I think it's really inevitable, I have a lot of friends with the same problems. I wish everybody evolved like that, but there's plenty of "old" party organisers that still organise parties as if they were 18 and everything were still new to them. By the way, I am very glad that fluoro is "out". That shit really started to get to me as well. :P

its cause you cut those dreadlocks, i am SURE!!! :lol:

Hahahaha, yeah probably....

NOT!

I haven't been to many parties but I did attend a few last autumn.

-Crap music, Dark psy, yuck.

-Fairly young people super fucked-up on drugs like speed and ghb, not nice to see kids totally bombed out of their skulls.

-Also said kids seem to consider a goa/psy/whatever party, especially since they are usually held in more underground venues with not so much security compared to e.g a night club, just a place where they can do as much drugs as possible.

-Theft at parties, another example of the gimps in action.

Yup, couldn't agree more. But I think it's really inevitable, I have a lot of friends with the same problems. I wish everybody evolved like that, but there's plenty of "old" party organisers that still organise parties as if they were 18 and everything were still new to them. By the way, I am very glad that fluoro is "out". That shit really started to get to me as well. :P

Hahahaha, yeah probably....

NOT!

Maybe I missinterpret what you are saying but why do you wish that all the people feel equaly miserable instead of still enjoying parties. :huh:

-Theft at parties, another example of the gimps in action.

Tell me about it. My friend's car windscreen was smashed windows broken and the stereo stolen at an outdoor rave.The organisers refused to take responsibilty saying you park at your own risk. Who do you go complain to ? the police? :ph34r:

Maybe I missinterpret what you are saying but why do you wish that all the people feel equaly miserable instead of still enjoying parties. :huh:

Hahaha, you indeed misinterpreted what I meant, but I didn't put it very well. I mean that some of my friends- who are also lamed out by boring parties - are the ones that make an effort to organize original and new things. And I wish that other people who have been going to parties for years would evolve like that as well: i.e. instead of doing the same thing over and over, try something new and different.

Hahaha, you indeed misinterpreted what I meant, but I didn't put it very well. I mean that some of my friends- who are also lamed out by boring parties - are the ones that make an effort to organize original and new things. And I wish that other people who have been going to parties for years would evolve like that as well: i.e. instead of doing the same thing over and over, try something new and different.

:lol: Ok, now I get it and I have to agree about that. If all people who complain about how bad the scene has become would actually try to organise parties by themselfes or make music or whatever we would have a more diverted and better scene. :)

Word!

I guess we have a right to complain after partying for 10+ years :)

I went to a psy party in London, sat on the floor and rolled a joint. Only to have the weed confiscated by a security guard.

Thats why I dont like psy parties in London anymore.

I miss Theatre Factory@Tyssen St sooo much :/