I bought the AKG K701's!

Please don't interrupt me, don't you see I'm in love??

Posted Image

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Still have 300 hours of burn-in before they become superb! But even know this is the most perfect sound I've ever heard out of a pair of headphones!! This is just too amazing to describe in words :posford: So much frequencies my ears haven't heard before, it's really hurting my ears how much more texture I get out of these :D Just need to buy a headphone amplifier and I'm set :) (I have a preamp on my soundcard, but it's a consumer class soundcard so it's not really a good preamp)

Ohh I'll never leave the house now! Gonna stay locked up in my room 24/7 :D

Ed: Just listening to X-Dream - Relaxed Vortex.... trippiiiiiiiiiiiiin :posford:

Ed2: Now listening to Vibrasphere - Northern Sunsets :o :o :o omg :wub:

haha that is nice telling this dude after he spend 400€ :lol:

Well actually, as I don't have a credit card, and as I can't make a paypal account, there is no way for me to buy stuff off the internet. I don't trust mail orders really. And I do not regret a single penny for this buy ;)

Ha! Congrats. I practically live in mine when I'm at home. Be sure to save the silver stand to put your phones on when not in use. :D

Yeah am just doing that everytime I'm away hehe :D Altho the stand's kinda weird, looks a bit unstable, but it has it's purpose ^_^

Btw. what headphone amplifier did you get for the 'phones?

I look for my distributor.. Hope there is any.. Are they for monitoring? I see referance headphones title on them..

I searched a little and found this suits my needs better.. But I dont wanna even know about a price, im scared of it

AKG K 271 studio

Ed: Yeah they're refrence class headphones, so they're for monitoring yeah

I've bought mine from www.mediaaudio.hr , however they don't have the akg k 271 ones in offer it seems. I've searched everywhere, and that's the only akg distributor for croatia I could find. You could phone the guys at www.provox.hr, they don't have it distributed, but I'm sure they can order it for you, altho it will cost you much more than the actual price.

Btw Otto, these earpads are so huge they almost cover up the whole side of my face haha :D I luv them tho ;)

Ed: Oops, I think I might of woken up the neighbors :blink:, the ones 2 blocks from here :lol: . Damn, I'ma need to soundproof my room, these things shud be closed type not open type 'phones. Oh well, they are supossed to be used in a studio anyhow, not an apartment hehe.

Btw. what headphone amplifier did you get for the 'phones?

I have my computer hooked up to my NAD amp already, so I use its headphone jack. And yeah, those earpads are indeed huge, like a big ol' fluffy lounge chair for the ears. Beware of the headpiece part that rest on the top of your head - after some hours the shape of your head will conform to it, and might make you look a bit alien-ish. I've been meaning to fix that on mine by attaching a strip of foam or something there.

Ed: Yeah they're refrence class headphones, so they're for monitoring yeah

I've bought mine from www.mediaaudio.hr , however they don't have the akg k 271 ones in offer it seems. I've searched everywhere, and that's the only akg distributor for croatia I could find. You could phone the guys at www.provox.hr, they don't have it distributed, but I'm sure they can order it for you, altho it will cost you much more than the actual price.

I never buy stuff from provox.. Expensive bastards.. But they have all good stuff <_<

I sent mail to some distributor so we will see can he order that 271.. Just to know cause I have some other improvements in my setup for now, but thats headphones will probably be most important thing I use to produce..

I have my computer hooked up to my NAD amp already, so I use its headphone jack. And yeah, those earpads are indeed huge, like a big ol' fluffy lounge chair for the ears. Beware of the headpiece part that rest on the top of your head - after some hours the shape of your head will conform to it, and might make you look a bit alien-ish. I've been meaning to fix that on mine by attaching a strip of foam or something there.

Haha yeah. Luckly I've got short hair :P It's not just these headphones, the ones I had before used to left a imprint on the top of my head in a shape of an elipse. But that only happened when I didn't cut my hair in some time. A cone fixes it all tho :D

Haha yeah. Luckly I've got short hair :P It's not just these headphones, the ones I had before used to left a imprint on the top of my head in a shape of an elipse. But that only happened when I didn't cut my hair in some time. A cone fixes it all tho :D

I have very short hair too. Buzzed. You'll see what I'm talking about with the mutant head indentations. :D

Those 701's aren't appropriate for studio use; 271's get my use (abuse).

Perhaps when I win the lottery I'll have headphones for every occation.

Yeah I also have that 271 in plan and they cost 3 times less than I expected.. I expected prices like monitor speakears equivalent..

So thats even bigger plus since I dont wanna buy monitors cause I cant bang in the middle of the night..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Ha! Congrats. I practically live in mine when I'm at home. Be sure to save the silver stand to put your phones on when not in use. :D

Dudeeeeee........

Posted Image

AKG K702!! :D

They're the same as k701 except they're DARK BLUE! (Fuk yeah, why didn't they make them like that in the first place, white just looks cheap..) + they've got a detachable cable. I'm so gonna be an AKG collector when I star earning millions.. :rolleyes::D.

The original post is a year old, still tho thx. I'm still lovin' them, but the dark blue ones look so tempting.. :)

Hehe, I'm late :) Well, the color doesn't matter, it's a tool so what matters except it's pro qualities is comfort. Personally I'm happy with my phones, some say it's old in design and some other brands look more stylish... <_< Who cares, I can listen to music for 6 hours and forget I'm wearing them :)

I need to get something comfy like that, my hd25 are not very comfortable in the long run and the sound ain't that great either, they are just good battle headphones for the road. I do love my in-ear UE's but they are not that conformable, after wearing for long sessions my earhole will hurt , i need to pamper my ears with something that has it all... <_<

maybe for x-mas, we'll see

I need to get something comfy like that, my hd25 are not very comfortable in the long run and the sound ain't that great either, they are just good battle headphones for the road. I do love my in-ear UE's but they are not that conformable, after wearing for long sessions my earhole will hurt , i need to pamper my ears with something that has it all... <_<

maybe for x-mas, we'll see

Tell me your budget and I'll try to make an advice (I've been reading different reviews and other info on phones for the last year or so). Also check head-fi.org for, well, everything you need, actually :)

HD25 are great for djing or using as portables if you travel or move a lot - built like tank, I'd definitely get them If I was playing more. Technics :wank: at this area :) Though the price bites compared to them. They sound tight and focused so it's a great tool to turn knobs and press buttons with a smart facial expression :) but I never enjoyed this kind of phones for home listening, never worked longer than 30-60min. So I think you should try circumaural headphones with fat pads :)

Some decent reviews and info here also: http://www.headphonereviews.org/ , but don't take their top10 seriously, it doesn't represent anything, just an average score from user-comments - some have 1 good/bad comment and some have balanced mark with 15 comments, it's a bit out of date too.

Head-Fi's slogan is "Welcome to Head-Fi... and sorry about your wallet!" :) Have fun.