Change in music likes or artists getting worse?

frosty

so what has happened to the artists i use to love?? a good example is GMS. back around 2002 and early i used to love there tracks. going out doofin & hearing there tracks cranking over the sound systems. but theses days i really dont like any of there new music. in fact i haven't brought a gms song or cd in years. have they become just another sell out club act in ibiza and forgotten about all that great music that they help pioneer??

sesto sento is another group that no longer catch my ear. There album "the bright side" was a fantastic album but there latest songs realy just dont do it for me anymore.

astrix is probably one of the only older artists (from back in my early days of psy) that i still enjoy :posford: .

is it just my taste in psymusic or have these artists lost there touch in producing killer tracks??

Artist either

1. get better

2. stay the same

3. get worse

so when an artist who was shot years ago gets better, nobody checks out his music :(

when an artist stays the same people say they have stagnated :angry:

when an artist gets worse, everyone checks out there music hoping they can relive past glories. <_<

So the way to go is to check out artists you don't know or who you used to think were shit :ph34r:

so what has happened to the artists i use to love?? a good example is GMS. back around 2002 and early i used to love there tracks. going out doofin & hearing there tracks cranking over the sound systems. but theses days i really dont like any of there new music. in fact i haven't brought a gms song or cd in years. have they become just another sell out club act in ibiza and forgotten about all that great music that they help pioneer??

sesto sento is another group that no longer catch my ear. There album "the bright side" was a fantastic album but there latest songs realy just dont do it for me anymore.

astrix is probably one of the only older artists (from back in my early days of psy) that i still enjoy :posford: .

is it just my taste in psymusic or have these artists lost there touch in producing killer tracks??

Since Psychedelic Trance is still a pretty new concept to me I don't really have a say in things when it comes to the evolution of the genre, but I'm pretty skeptical of the future of trance; not that it really has anything to do with nostalgia :blink: . I have a horrible feeling that, eventually, Psychedelic Trance is going to go completely mainstream with all the guys over at TIP World and all sorts of absolutely horrible "spin-offs" will be created.... Like I said I am still pretty new to Psychedelic Trance, but I know how shitty mainstream things can be ^^. It would be pretty shitty if things didn't evolve in any particular direction too.... What if Psychedelic Trance just sort of goos together into one genre through and through with cookie cutter song after cookie cutter song. Or if it just drops off the face of the planet.

Since Psychedelic Trance is still a pretty new concept to me I don't really have a say in things when it comes to the evolution of the genre, but I'm pretty skeptical of the future of trance. I have a horrible feeling that, eventually, Psychedelic Trance is going to go completely mainstream with all the guys over at TIP World and all sorts of absolutely horrible "spin-offs" will be created.... Like I said I am still pretty new to Psychedelic Trance, but I know how shitty mainstream things can be ^^. It would be pretty shitty if things didn't evolve in any particular direction too.... What if Psychedelic Trance just sort of goos together into one genre through and through with cookie cutter song after cookie cutter song. Or if it just drops off the face of the planet.

Psytrance evolves in the exact same way any music genre evolves. The only difference is how fast it evolves.

Like all music kinds it started by small core of artists and then over the years and after becoming enough popular it started to expand in different ways.

Some artists went to the mainstream side, producing more club-friendly stuff.

Some others went to minimalism.

Some others chose the opposite direction, the extreme one with very-very hard tracks.

Some others kept or/and multiply the melodies.

Some others killed the melodies in their tracks.

And so on...

Every music genre had, has or will have the same path.

The difference is always how fast all these will happen. In only 10 years Psytrance has already seen these changes. The future? Who knows :)

I always feel this way from time to time with the entire genre of fullon in whole. I will get bored and move to other styles of trance and everytime I come back there are always more good releases once again and my faith can be revived in this genre.