Vestax VCI-100

Vestax VCI-100

I'm thinking about picking one up this weekend. I use a Gigaport Sound card with my laptop so this would be wonderful to own; I would be able to fit my whole setup in a small suitcase. What's your guys thoughts on it? They're a bit cheaper where i'm at, and i've actually been able to play with one a bit. It's a pretty solid controller....

What do you actually use the jogwheels for when DJ'ing on a laptop?

At least with Live or Traktor they seem superfluous to me since you warp or beat grid the tracks in advance.

Also I don't use crossfaders....but maybe if your a scratch DJ it's a nice unit if you cannot afford serato and a pair of decks.

It of course depends on what software you'll use and how you will use it, but I'd go for a BCR2000, UC-33e or bitstream instead...much more flexible and less space wasted with useless controls.

It of course depends on what software you'll use and how you will use it, but I'd go for a BCR2000, UC-33e or bitstream instead...much more flexible and less space wasted with useless controls.

Vestax looks better for mixing, its not so much about how usable are those jogs but they sure are the most beautiful jogs Ive seen.. I have bitstream and I recomend it for production + mixing.. Although one thing I hate about bitstream is that most apps dont support it so u have to set up assignments manually.. It isnt hard but.. And I have this weird thing with bitstream when mixing in deckadance, crossfader acts in reverse way.. Its pretty weird.. But for virtual dj is great..

Caban :D Hej!

Hi man! :)

Vestax looks better for mixing, its not so much about how usable are those jogs but they sure are the most beautiful jogs Ive seen..

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....to me it just looks dumb on a computer controller.