Vocoder

I was wondering for long time.. Does anyone know how Madonna and Cherr and also Daft punk made such vocoding? Any ideas?

you mean the voice processing. its not vocoding in my knowledge, its autotune :)

I was wondering for long time.. Does anyone know how Madonna and Cherr and also Daft punk made such vocoding? Any ideas?

you mean the voice processing. its not vocoding in my knowledge, its autotune :)

The sound of Madonna and Cher would be Autotune, Daft Punk would definitely be a vocoder.

My guess is Daft Punk uses a hardware vocoder. You could probably find some website somewhere that describes what they use.

You use vocoders and phase shifters on many of your tracks.

Bangalter: People always ask us what vocoder we use, but every one of our vocal tracks uses a different vocoder effect. We have the old Roland one [an SVC-350], Auto-Tune, and a Digitech Vocalist. We take the same approach with phase shifters. Every track on this album uses a different phase shifter. We have a Mu-Tron phaser, a Moogerfooger pedal, an old AMS phaser, and an Ensoniq DP-4. With the older items, you can have several of the same model and they all sound different.

We also use vocoders in ways most people don't use them. Auto-Tune is great for fixing vocals, but we use Auto-Tune in a way it wasn't designed to work. A lot of people complain about musicians using Auto-Tune. It reminds me of the late '70s when musicians in France tried to ban the synthesizer. They said it was taking jobs away from musicians. What they didn't see was that you could use those tools in a new way instead of just for replacing the instruments that came before. People are often afraid of things that sound new.

taken from an interview with Daft Punk.

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_robopop/

THX guys.. But would you like to explain that auto-tune and what tools to use for that?

I would agree that madonna and cheer use something different than vocoder, and daft pure voco but I was looking for some more precise answers like what did they use for modulator signal and maybe some ideas about settings.. And now u came up with this completly new for me auto-tune so I wanna know more about that also.. Maybe some auto-tune pdf manual link would help to save your fingers..

Needle, orange vocoder is standard, but recently I discovered Klanglabs Vokko Stereo Vocoder which looks promising..

Ive done a little search and that auto tuning is like it sounds, a pitch correction.. I thought so.. Is there any better tool than antares auto tune?

Any ideas on settings of that auto tune to get cherr like ptch corections? Or incorections I would say.. Its sounds like that.. Pitch shifting and stuff.. Did they use few voices and auto tuned them?

autotune is studio standart. it pitch shift corrects the voice when the singer is out of tune.

i heard mariah carrey only does closed studio sessions these days cause her singing is so aweful.

on this example you can see what power antares auto tune has.

autotune is studio standart. it pitch shift corrects the voice when the singer is out of tune.

i heard mariah carrey only does closed studio sessions these days cause her singing is so aweful.

on this example you can see what power antares auto tune has.

Cool, I just need to wait 55 minutes to set up new standards in my studio :lol:

THX guys.. But would you like to explain that auto-tune and what tools to use for that?

I would agree that madonna and cheer use something different than vocoder, and daft pure voco but I was looking for some more precise answers like what did they use for modulator signal and maybe some ideas about settings.. And now u came up with this completly new for me auto-tune so I wanna know more about that also.. Maybe some auto-tune pdf manual link would help to save your fingers..

Needle, orange vocoder is standard, but recently I discovered Klanglabs Vokko Stereo Vocoder which looks promising..

Ive done a little search and that auto tuning is like it sounds, a pitch correction.. I thought so.. Is there any better tool than antares auto tune?

Any ideas on settings of that auto tune to get cherr like ptch corections? Or incorections I would say.. Its sounds like that.. Pitch shifting and stuff.. Did they use few voices and auto tuned them?

check melodyne. have you actually ever heard of google? :)

No man.. I dont use google for VSTs.. Im using warez site search engine, u know me.. And I search for that melodyne and added it to the download list..

Much thanks..

no, i dont care about how you get your cracked software... but what I care about is that you dont seem to know how to use Google when it comes to simple questions like you had now. psynews is always the LAST resort to ask a question. Google comes first. and should I find something VERY interesting then I would post it here as well :P Oh well, thats just me :D

no, i dont care about how you get your cracked software... but what I care about is that you dont seem to know how to use Google when it comes to simple questions like you had now. psynews is always the LAST resort to ask a question. Google comes first. and should I find something VERY interesting then I would post it here as well :P Oh well, thats just me :D

Yeah man, you're right.. Ill keep my eyes on google in a future..

Nord Modular vocoder FTW :wank:

F that, alesis micron vocoder :P

No man, we are dealing with software here.. 20 bucks is nothing compared to the price of nord..

I was just thinking about it some time ago, its no wonder that such good music comes from scandinavian countries when they have much better standard of living.. I mean someone who live in a county where nord is produced can easily get a hold of it + he doesnt have to pay taxes and shiping.. By the time nord comes into my hands it worths a fortune..

Korg Radias also has good vocoder..

And seawasp Ill ceheck that vOcOv but I think this one I recomended will suffice..

F that, alesis micron vocoder :P

No man, we are dealing with software here.. 20 bucks is nothing compared to the price of nord..

I was just thinking about it some time ago, its no wonder that such good music comes from scandinavian countries when they have much better standard of living.. I mean someone who live in a county where nord is produced can easily get a hold of it + he doesnt have to pay taxes and shiping.. By the time nord comes into my hands it worths a fortune..

Korg Radias also has good vocoder..

And seawasp Ill ceheck that vOcOv but I think this one I recomended will suffice..

+1 those bastard Swedes!

I used a sample in my Journey to...song but have been playing with Vokko.