The Story Behind The Death Of Metapsychic Records

First of all, sorry that it has taken us this long to give you the reasons for Metapsychic Records death. Since Filipe deleted our page and on the same time we got problems with the domain and hosting it took some days to restore everything. Refounding the freewebs code and restoring everything to "normal" wasnt as easy as one could of though. But here we are today with the full information about whats been going on with our label.

Many of you already know that Metapsychic Records have been run by Vassilis (Cosmogenesis) and Martin (oCtodur) this past year. You have known this from the contact with us on MySpace, our Gmail and other places where we have been active. For months the so called & self-reclaimed “owner” of our label has been on a vacation back to Portugal. During this time Filipe (aka Lost Buddha, Pandemonium!) has been rebuilding his life in his home country and we have been working to take Metapsychic label even further than we expected. Since the three of us created this label we though it was not more than fair to let Filipe rebuild his life and work. He was our friend and with friends in need there is nothing that isn’t possible to do. So during these months Martin and Vassilis have spent many nights and days emailing each other, since it’s hard to catch each other online when one person is working night time and the other day time. We have joked about our emails that they are not emails but really a Metapsychic novel book.

Both updated each other about how far we are with the things we are involved in and what new issues there is to be dealt with. During this time not a single email from our so called owner of the label, Filipe has been sent even though he’s been online. After all we where going to press his CD as well (Pandemonium!) after the Mindsphere since everything was ready for it. And if I was an artist (and owner) I would at least send an email every now and then to see how far the progress is and how his mates are doing. Instead after all this time he shows up on Msn one day and says that he got a nice offer (of a big sum) for his album. Instead of asking his fellow comrades that have been working hard to realize the dream of a CD pressing label what we think of the offer he says to us. Either you (Martin) promise to press my CD before you go on your Asia trip or I’ll take this offer and be out of Metapsychic label.

So here we are with a dick in our hands thinking what the hell just happened? Is he going to leave us one more time? Now that we are so close to release the CD? Because those involved with Filipe and his artist names know that he switches minds faster than you can say Boom Shanka! During the time we started Metapsychic label he was in SunTrip (had a dispute there) got back to Meta and went to SunTrip again! Went back to Meta stayed for a month or two and went to Shivlink. He loved that label because he was promised good money for his work and a lot of gigs, who can blame him? Then Shivlink was wanting too much of him he told us (we will not go into details out of respect to Nick) and he asked to come back. Well fine mate we are all friends…welcome back! That time he realized and said to us that it’s better to run your own label than to be with others. I’m here to stay with you guys! A month later he goes to Portugal and a few months after that he gives us this ultimatum.

By this time we are so neutralized that we can’t even get angry at him. We discussed the issue and both agreed on letting him go. If the offer was real well take it man you need the money and fame. So we continued as we have done before, without Filipe, and putting focus on Mindspheres album. During the week we are talking about the issue with Filipe a little more and more news about the upcoming international radio web shows and the CD plans. Until one morning when Vassilis wants to check our Gmail and realize he has a wrong password. He checks the MySpace, our homepage and even those gave him wrong password, try again! At this time we both finally meet on Msn and asked ourselves what the hell is going on? Neither one of us have changed the password and the conclusion we could make was that Filipe (!?!) had changed them. We both have a hard time to believe that he would do this to us and once again we are stuck with the dick in our hands but this time it’s a humongous one!

Martin instantly sends of a text message to Filipes gsm asking if he’s the one that have changed the password and the message he gets back is: Im the founder and head of the label.i don’t admit wat yas done 2 me.if u want 2 release mindsphere release him in ur own labe.The rest is a long story. What we have “done” is not explain (due to time & work) why we are pissed at him for once again changing his mind and giving Martin this ultimatum (read more about this in Martins personal statement). For this he basically takes the baby we have raised together and steals everything we have worked for. In an instant eye blink we have lost a year and a half worth of time, problem solving and investments into the label and been left out on the street. This is by the guy that has had almost no involvement into his own label. We thought about changing the passwords when we got to know about this deal but we both though, hey he will just go to another label, he’s still our friend. But yeah we where wrong. We want to find out why he’s doing this to us and send of another text message and the reply was: I know that yas worked on the label but dat doesnt mean I cant do my life and u cant do yours.It also doesnt mean dat I have to give passwords or even the label I dont admit this in my back and I want respect.Btw im takin care of p!copyrights so just b careful.

So he knows he hasn’t done anything for the label but still he feels right about stealing it back for himself. He also tells us to watch out that we don’t do anything stupid like he just did and release the Pandemonium! album for free or press it on CD. In an instant eye blink we went from friends to worst enemies in his mind. Vassilis instantly got kicked out of the label, Martin tried to work on Filipe so we could get the passwords back but with no luck. Amazingly Vassilis managed to get the passwords back by retrieving the Metapsychic Records MySpace account password to the hotmail account we first had when we started the label. Lucky for us Filipe used the same password on all the Metapsychic accounts. This was when we both agreed on that we have had enough of this bullshit and that its time to end it.

So our dear friends, artists & fans this is why we today will take the Metapsychic Records label down to the ground. He banned us from having contact with the outside world since we ran everything together from the Gmail account, artist contacts, new demos, radio shows EVERYTHING was handled trough there. We couldn’t just stand to see that something two persons had worked for so hard could be taken by the most inactive person. He has no clue who 1/10th of the people in our contact list is nor how to update the MySpace & homepage properly (which he later deleted) and this guy would run Metapsychic? It’s just not right! We both got feed up with his bullshit and decided that its time for a long awaited vacation for us both.

So today we bring you the long awaited Mindsphere album for free because frankly we can’t press the CD since Filipe also has a copy of it and we don’t really know what he can do to hurt us even more. All the money it would cost us to invest in that CD and then see it being destroyed by this person was not worth to continue the CD releasing. We have the approval of Ali (Mindsphere) himself to do this and due to the situation this fine release will be out for free. We end as we started although not united by three people but two and one…on his own.

We are both sad how this turned out for everyone and especially at this time when we where going to be a “real” official record label. We have learned a lesson and gained very valuable experience from running this label and even made some really good friends around the world. Now we will both take our time and let this tsunami be gone. Everyday we have worked in the name of Metapsychic and today is our first day off. Martin will go on vacation sooner than expected and deal with what’s left to be dealt with for his trip and Vassilis will have some time of from internet and put his focus on real life.

We don’t know what the future holds for us but what we do know is that we both made out an amazing team and got this far together by co-operating with each other. We now want to restore our mental and physical health back to normal after all these incidents with Filipe and his madness.

It has been a GREAT pleasure to work with everyone during this time in Metapsychic Records. We wish you all the best from our two hearts and good luck to our artists that have been so supportive of our cause.

Respectfully yours,

Martin & Vassilis

If you want to find out more details about this story, you should go to http://www.metapsychicrecords.com

PS: No other comments or statements will be made outside this official announcement. That's our final post in this forum.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I decided to quit the whole goa universe for good, but I would like before that to also send some personal words to the psynews.org community:

I know that it comes very late, but I would like to express my sincere apologies to the members of this forum I have offended, insulted and aggressed by the past around the Metapsychic Rec. subject (I’m referring especially to the bad summer events) in the topics, in the PM’s and on msn. Those persons know who they are and I want to tell them that I’m the first to recognize all my mistakes in those stories. Fact is that my judgement got wrongly and badly influenced by Filipe and particularly by all his conflicts and misunderstandings with his former label, Suntrip records. I started like him to see every detail with a bad eye, I didn’t accept any fair or unfair critics about our label or artists, lost my temper easily and become at the final verbally aggressive. I even started to become paranoiac about conspiracies turned against our label, and this, without to have all the elements in my hand. The worse thing is that I rarely have a such attitude in real life, at least for the people who know me, can confirm it.

Though I will not find justifications, I recognize that’s not Filipe’s fault at all, since my words come from my own mouth, that’s why I take and assume the entire responsibilities of my actions.

I want to add that I had very good moments by the past reading the different topics of the goa music, and taking part of this forum. I met awesome persons and artists in this place with who I will certainly keep in touch. I registered almost two years ago as a simple member of this community and I couldn’t ever imagine that I would become a few months later a manager of a goa-trance net-label. I still can’t understand how this thing happened, but I don’t regret anything of this great experience and I will keep in mind only the best memories...

Ok i also think i need to say some things, at least because i got an extra chapter on the metapsychic webpage:

Metapsychic says on their site i "stole" Phillipe and destroyed the label.

Here is what happened: I am starting a new oldschool label called Phototropic records. For a CD release i pay 1500 euro advance, and there are no further payments (like percentage). This offer is not just for specific artists, anyone can apply and i will listen to the album (btw compilation payment is 150 euro/track), so you can also apply with single tracks.

Nolax told Phillipe about this offer and he accepted with his Pandemonium album.

Thats the story from my side.

I don't want to hear i am working on a conspiracy or something. Also i won't apologize to Metapsychic (which is what they seem to expect) because i don't see I did anything wrong.

Now i put my offer in public for anyone to see, so anyone can see there is no stealing, "illegal" stuff going on or anything else, it is just a normal offer as a label, valid for all oldschool artists, i won't force anyone to do anything.

Digi

Ok i also think i need to say some things, at least because i got an extra chapter on the metapsychic webpage:

Metapsychic says on their site i "stole" Phillipe and destroyed the label.

Here is what happened: I am starting a new oldschool label called Phototropic records. For a CD release i pay 1500 euro advance, and there are no further payments (like percentage). This offer is not just for specific artists, anyone can apply and i will listen to the album (btw compilation payment is 150 euro/track), so you can also apply with single tracks.

Nolax told Phillipe about this offer and he accepted with his Pandemonium album.

Thats the story from my side.

I don't want to hear i am working on a conspiracy or something. Also i won't apologize to Metapsychic (which is what they seem to expect) because i don't see I did anything wrong.

Now i put my offer in public for anyone to see, so anyone can see there is no stealing, "illegal" stuff going on or anything else, it is just a normal offer as a label, valid for all oldschool artists, i won't force anyone to do anything.

Digi

As I see it (reading that) Mr stole from himself, and burried his friendship with 2 good friends, and burried a label. Of course it is tragic that they wont release his album, seeing as it was their first release, and a VERBAL agreement seemed to have been in place.

I dont think (and thats maybe just me) that another label (thats you) should be blamed for one mans actions.

Isn't pandemonium an american guy living in Yokosuka, Japan who visits this forum & has a passion for fun energetic music?

I can't imagine him in this whole debacle!

Or has someone stolen his name?

There are strange coincidences....

Yesterday I helped the remaining Metapsychic guys distribute the Minsphere album online (album which is distributed for free because Metapsy was jeopardized before press time and because it was feared some people would ruin the *CD* release of the album, by -for example- spreading the wavs online).

Well, so I said, I helped by offering some online space yesrterday night for one mirror.

And today, our Suntrip mailbox is spammed like NEVER before. 50 times the usual amount.

Maybe there is no connection, maybe there is, who knows ?

So I'm wondering : is there anyone against me helping the Metapsy guys finishing their story in a decent way ?

So I'm wondering : is there anyone against me helping the Metapsy guys finishing their story in a decent way ?

In that case: EAT them ALIVE! :angry:

Really, it kinda pisses me off that things have to end in such a way, and in my eyes, the Metapsychic crew really deserves some apprecation

from everybody here. Too bad the label has to be shut down, but maybe we should think about this in a more positive way. Without Meta,

a lot of talented oldschool artists wouldn't have captured my attention. I'm talking about Astrancer, Vox, Liquid Flow and many others.

Nobody will ever stop me from praising the good work you fellows did! Take that! :)

Waiting for Filipe's point.

Considering the spamming, I can't even think of anyone who would not be interested in that album to be released... except, well, you-know-who. I'm happy anyway that this album saw the light and we're able to listen to it.

Also, there's a thingy called karma and frankly speaking, that's the logical end to what you did, including your posts and attitude - that just overweights everything you did as a label, and I'm talking about Metapsychic (in it previous form) in general. So you have the chance to start everything again, people will accept it for sure.

Phototropic did nothing wrong, IMO. Interesting to hear arguments in the other direction, because I just cant think of any.

Bad story that doesn't surprise me at all, after all the rumours I heard about Lost Buddha this was expected

On the other hand it's not nice that some other label simply passes by and waves with such a high amount of euros, that even big artists rarely get for an album... If LB and Metaphysic had an oral contract it is as serious as a written one! Don't let yourself go down!

Caroline

First of all, sorry that it has taken us this long to give you the reasons for Metapsychic Records death. Since Filipe deleted our page and on the same time we got problems with the domain and hosting it took some days to restore everything. Refounding the freewebs code and restoring everything to "normal" wasnt as easy as one could of though. But here we are today with the full information about whats been going on with our label.

Many of you already know that Metapsychic Records have been run by Vassilis (Cosmogenesis) and Martin (oCtodur) this past year. You have known this from the contact with us on MySpace, our Gmail and other places where we have been active. For months the so called & self-reclaimed “owner” of our label has been on a vacation back to Portugal. During this time Filipe (aka Lost Buddha, Pandemonium!) has been rebuilding his life in his home country and we have been working to take Metapsychic label even further than we expected. Since the three of us created this label we though it was not more than fair to let Filipe rebuild his life and work. He was our friend and with friends in need there is nothing that isn’t possible to do. So during these months Martin and Vassilis have spent many nights and days emailing each other, since it’s hard to catch each other online when one person is working night time and the other day time. We have joked about our emails that they are not emails but really a Metapsychic novel book.

Both updated each other about how far we are with the things we are involved in and what new issues there is to be dealt with. During this time not a single email from our so called owner of the label, Filipe has been sent even though he’s been online. After all we where going to press his CD as well (Pandemonium!) after the Mindsphere since everything was ready for it. And if I was an artist (and owner) I would at least send an email every now and then to see how far the progress is and how his mates are doing. Instead after all this time he shows up on Msn one day and says that he got a nice offer (of a big sum) for his album. Instead of asking his fellow comrades that have been working hard to realize the dream of a CD pressing label what we think of the offer he says to us. Either you (Martin) promise to press my CD before you go on your Asia trip or I’ll take this offer and be out of Metapsychic label.

So here we are with a dick in our hands thinking what the hell just happened? Is he going to leave us one more time? Now that we are so close to release the CD? Because those involved with Filipe and his artist names know that he switches minds faster than you can say Boom Shanka! During the time we started Metapsychic label he was in SunTrip (had a dispute there) got back to Meta and went to SunTrip again! Went back to Meta stayed for a month or two and went to Shivlink. He loved that label because he was promised good money for his work and a lot of gigs, who can blame him? Then Shivlink was wanting too much of him he told us (we will not go into details out of respect to Nick) and he asked to come back. Well fine mate we are all friends…welcome back! That time he realized and said to us that it’s better to run your own label than to be with others. I’m here to stay with you guys! A month later he goes to Portugal and a few months after that he gives us this ultimatum.

By this time we are so neutralized that we can’t even get angry at him. We discussed the issue and both agreed on letting him go. If the offer was real well take it man you need the money and fame. So we continued as we have done before, without Filipe, and putting focus on Mindspheres album. During the week we are talking about the issue with Filipe a little more and more news about the upcoming international radio web shows and the CD plans. Until one morning when Vassilis wants to check our Gmail and realize he has a wrong password. He checks the MySpace, our homepage and even those gave him wrong password, try again! At this time we both finally meet on Msn and asked ourselves what the hell is going on? Neither one of us have changed the password and the conclusion we could make was that Filipe (!?!) had changed them. We both have a hard time to believe that he would do this to us and once again we are stuck with the dick in our hands but this time it’s a humongous one!

Martin instantly sends of a text message to Filipes gsm asking if he’s the one that have changed the password and the message he gets back is: Im the founder and head of the label.i don’t admit wat yas done 2 me.if u want 2 release mindsphere release him in ur own labe.The rest is a long story. What we have “done” is not explain (due to time & work) why we are pissed at him for once again changing his mind and giving Martin this ultimatum (read more about this in Martins personal statement). For this he basically takes the baby we have raised together and steals everything we have worked for. In an instant eye blink we have lost a year and a half worth of time, problem solving and investments into the label and been left out on the street. This is by the guy that has had almost no involvement into his own label. We thought about changing the passwords when we got to know about this deal but we both though, hey he will just go to another label, he’s still our friend. But yeah we where wrong. We want to find out why he’s doing this to us and send of another text message and the reply was: I know that yas worked on the label but dat doesnt mean I cant do my life and u cant do yours.It also doesnt mean dat I have to give passwords or even the label I dont admit this in my back and I want respect.Btw im takin care of p!copyrights so just b careful.

So he knows he hasn’t done anything for the label but still he feels right about stealing it back for himself. He also tells us to watch out that we don’t do anything stupid like he just did and release the Pandemonium! album for free or press it on CD. In an instant eye blink we went from friends to worst enemies in his mind. Vassilis instantly got kicked out of the label, Martin tried to work on Filipe so we could get the passwords back but with no luck. Amazingly Vassilis managed to get the passwords back by retrieving the Metapsychic Records MySpace account password to the hotmail account we first had when we started the label. Lucky for us Filipe used the same password on all the Metapsychic accounts. This was when we both agreed on that we have had enough of this bullshit and that its time to end it.

So our dear friends, artists & fans this is why we today will take the Metapsychic Records label down to the ground. He banned us from having contact with the outside world since we ran everything together from the Gmail account, artist contacts, new demos, radio shows EVERYTHING was handled trough there. We couldn’t just stand to see that something two persons had worked for so hard could be taken by the most inactive person. He has no clue who 1/10th of the people in our contact list is nor how to update the MySpace & homepage properly (which he later deleted) and this guy would run Metapsychic? It’s just not right! We both got feed up with his bullshit and decided that its time for a long awaited vacation for us both.

So today we bring you the long awaited Mindsphere album for free because frankly we can’t press the CD since Filipe also has a copy of it and we don’t really know what he can do to hurt us even more. All the money it would cost us to invest in that CD and then see it being destroyed by this person was not worth to continue the CD releasing. We have the approval of Ali (Mindsphere) himself to do this and due to the situation this fine release will be out for free. We end as we started although not united by three people but two and one…on his own.

We are both sad how this turned out for everyone and especially at this time when we where going to be a “real” official record label. We have learned a lesson and gained very valuable experience from running this label and even made some really good friends around the world. Now we will both take our time and let this tsunami be gone. Everyday we have worked in the name of Metapsychic and today is our first day off. Martin will go on vacation sooner than expected and deal with what’s left to be dealt with for his trip and Vassilis will have some time of from internet and put his focus on real life.

We don’t know what the future holds for us but what we do know is that we both made out an amazing team and got this far together by co-operating with each other. We now want to restore our mental and physical health back to normal after all these incidents with Filipe and his madness.

It has been a GREAT pleasure to work with everyone during this time in Metapsychic Records. We wish you all the best from our two hearts and good luck to our artists that have been so supportive of our cause.

Respectfully yours,

Martin & Vassilis

If you want to find out more details about this story, you should go to http://www.metapsychicrecords.com

PS: No other comments or statements will be made outside this official announcement. That's our final post in this forum.

AHHHHHH FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY

my exsistence is to make those bad memories, disappear and re-write them to good.

you contact me with how you would like this process done, i make it happen. pretty simple :)

On the other hand it's not nice that some other label simply passes by and waves with such a high amount of euros, that even big artists rarely get for an album... If LB and Metaphysic had an oral contract it is as serious as a written one! Don't let yourself go down!

I think that's exactly what a label manager has to do - make offers. But it's totally up to an artists to decide what to do with an offer. I don't know what deals they had between Meta and Filipe, and I don't care, but I can't see why Phototropic in any way is doing dirty tricks.

I think that's exactly what a label manager has to do - make offers. But it's totally up to an artists to decide what to do with an offer. I don't know what deals they had between Meta and Filipe, and I don't care, but I can't see why Phototropic in any way is doing dirty tricks.

so it's all about the money? If tomorrow a rich guy decided to release goa trance he can simply buy all famous suntrip, dragonfly, meta and kagdila artists because they are waving with alot of cash you think!?

I'm a girl, probably that's why I think respect is more important... Everybody KNEW Lost Buddha would release his album on meta... So it's all a matter of respect imo... A new label? Search for artists yourself, don't wave with money and buy...

so it's all about the money? If tomorrow a rich guy decided to release goa trance he can simply buy all famous suntrip, dragonfly, meta and kagdila artists because they are waving with alot of cash you think!?

Well, yeah. C'est la vie. If tomorrow a rich guy pops up and has an intention to release a compilation featuring some artists and the artists themselves go for it, why do you consider it to be strange? Artists send their demos and the guy buys the rights for these tracks, simple as that. Considering the situation with artists producing goa nowadays and having almost no chance releasing it, that's an awesome idea. I haven't met a producer that thinks that releasing his tracks is bad and getting paid is even worse.

I'm a girl, probably that's why I think respect is more important... Everybody KNEW Lost Buddha would release his album on meta... So it's all a matter of respect imo... A new label? Search for artists yourself, don't wave with money and buy...

Of course, there are close relationships between some artists and labels, they are helping each-other. Respect is important indeed. But who knew that someone is going to release something at some place? I didn't. Was there any kind of Official Public Announcement broadcasted by BBC and CNN? Was there any kind of a contract signed? Who, where from and how should anyone know that LB is going to release an album @ Meta?

If there was an intention by LB to release his album @ Meta, he promised his friends that he will and then changed his mind, it's a problem of respect or whatever by one of these sides, what does Phototropic has to do with it? You have to thank them that we will have more goa released.

Well, yeah. C'est la vie. If tomorrow a rich guy pops up and has an intention to release a compilation featuring some artists and the artists themselves go for it, why do you consider it to be strange?

A compilation, no, an album, yes...

If there was an intention by LB to release his album @ Meta, he promised his friends that he will and then changed his mind, it's a problem of respect or whatever by one of these sides, what does Phototropic has to do with it? You have to thank them that we will have more goa released.

Well, I remember a topic where was written that they would release untold stories and an album of him later...

I still think it's somehow strange how you think, if for instance Filteria will release a new album on suntrip, it has been told around, and it is expected, and at once there is a guy with 5000€ telling "hey, come to me", and he does it... You think it's not the label's fault that waves with the money? I think its both artist and label... But ah well, maybe it is just me, and I'm not often following this kind of threads anyway, but I was simply surprised everyone was shooting at someone else as I though...

Despite their inappropriate behavior on numerous occasions right here on this forum, I am sad about the demise of Metapsychic Records. When somebody is trying to do something positive, and gets his light burnt out so abruptly, it never leaves me flat. Pointing fingers, however, is not something I approve- it is like throwing sand into one's eyes during a bare fist fight. It is below the belt and dirty. What has happenned is now done. Over. Leave it behind and move on. I will. Enjoy the Mindsphere album... Forget the negativity, think positive, people B)

However, to add a little something to amphition's and Pavane's discussion: money owns and runs everything. Unfortunately, the more time goes by, concepts like friendship, loyalty, respect and similar are all falling into some kind of utopic category of abstract terms... :( For a vast majority, that is, as there are always people out there staying true to themselves and their word. And no, a small and supposedly fair goa/psy trance community is NO exception. In the words of those Wu Tang Clan MCs: C.R.E.A.M. (cash reules everything around me)...

This story is so sad...and end of big friendship...but you guys work...to hard for goa fans..so who gives fuck for name ...just pick different name for label ..and carry on with yours dream.You have to much friends and artist who will support you in every step....and contact what you think you lost u will recover and more..thats the smallest thing..in this story...

C'mon guys dont disappoint me...you are to big fighter ..take a rest..relax...and return stronger...

I just want to point out that it had been quite obvious for some time that Filipe was intending to release his album under Metapsychic. I'm sure he wouldn't deny that. A topic concerning this release had been posted on this forum, and I'm pretty sure most people here were aware of that...

Secondly, this doesn't take away the fact that I still enjoy Filipe's music...You know, I was very exited about this release as it would be the very first Nitzhonot album in quite some time. Besides, Filipe's music kicks ass. Lol.

Ah...well...I'm really dissapointed things turned out like this...

A compilation, no, an album, yes...

Well, I remember a topic where was written that they would release untold stories and an album of him later...

I still think it's somehow strange how you think, if for instance Filteria will release a new album on suntrip, it has been told around, and it is expected, and at once there is a guy with 5000€ telling "hey, come to me", and he does it... You think it's not the label's fault that waves with the money? I think its both artist and label... But ah well, maybe it is just me, and I'm not often following this kind of threads anyway, but I was simply surprised everyone was shooting at someone else as I though...

Why a compilation - no, and an album - yes? :)

Untold Stories and Pandemonium are 2 different things. You can be an asshole, but it's your priority as an artist to do what you want to do. I agree with a statement saying Filipe changes his mind faster than you can say Boom Shankar. If you deal with this kind of person, who's problem is it? Also, this is business. You can't apply a hippy-communistic model to it, because it just won't work. The Phototropic guy had the ability to release an album on a label, sorry, but a real label! You could have written another album, a better one and sell it to him, but no, he just took it out of Meta. It ended up on p2p networks.

Considering your second statement, I'm sure that's not possible with any other artists and projects, only with Lost ones :)