Starcade - Rainbow China

Otto Matta

New track from me. Hope it makes you bob along and feel along. Let me know how my fake production sounds. I feel it might be a bit bright in places.

Starcade - Rainbow China (5:12, 192kbps mp3)

This is an attempt to borrow/steal the rainbow back. It's a good symbol and should have broader meaning. Unless my track is totally gay, in which case I've attained nothing. Let me know. :D

Recent inspirations:

D-nox & Beckers

Guitar

Kettel

Clark

Murcof

Multistate

Unless my track is totally gay, in which case I've attained nothing.

:lol::lol::lol:

No, your track has nothing gay in it. It sounds really good, sunrise downtempo stuff.

The main melody flows perfectly and the pads give all the melancholy I want.

It's really catchy and I would easily see it in a downtempo compilation.

Great stuff

Keep it up!!! :clapping:

New track from me. Hope it makes you bob along and feel along. Let me know how my fake production sounds. I feel it might be a bit bright in places.

Starcade - Rainbow China (Sendspace, 192kbps mp3)

This is an attempt to borrow/steal the rainbow back. It's a good symbol and should have broader meaning. Unless my track is totally gay, in which case I've attained nothing. Let me know. :D

Recent inspirations:

D-nox & Beckers

Guitar

Kettel

Clark

Murcof

Multistate

uhhh dude your always on this forum, which means you have nothing to do.. or your a loser. thats someone elses choice.. but uh i would expect you to make better music with all this time on your hands. go back to the lab, come back after you pump up.

uhhh dude your always on this forum, which means you have nothing to do.. or your a loser. thats someone elses choice.. but uh i would expect you to make better music with all this time on your hands. go back to the lab, come back after you pump up.

Yessir, right away, sir.

Sendspace doesn't allow me to download this...

[e]Finally, here it is. Did you use analog synths for the crunchy sounds? It does sound like it, which is a good thing. The beats are really fucked up and I dig it. It makes me fidgetty, like the beats are just a little bit too fast for the track, it's kinda nervous-making. Well done. That's the feeling I get from this track in general by the way, I don't know how to describe it better than that, but it gets on my nerves, hehe.

I agree that the production is a bit too 'bright' ... but besides that I like the track. Hard to define too, which means it's original. And not gay at all, I'm a bit disappointed.

Sendspace doesn't allow me to download this...

[e]Finally, here it is. Did you use analog synths for the crunchy sounds? It does sound like it, which is a good thing. The beats are really fucked up and I dig it. It makes me fidgetty, like the beats are just a little bit too fast for the track, it's kinda nervous-making. Well done. That's the feeling I get from this track in general by the way, I don't know how to describe it better than that, but it gets on my nerves, hehe.

I agree that the production is a bit too 'bright' ... but besides that I like the track. Hard to define too, which means it's original. And not gay at all, I'm a bit disappointed.

Thanks, Snap. :D I'm only using Cubase soft synths (and effects), but I have a love for the warmth of analog sound. I'm glad you like the beats - I enjoy messing with syncopation, and I find there's a real fine line between it sounding deliberate and awkward and sounding natural. I'm working on it. I'll redo some of the production this weekend - some elements are way too frontal when I listen on other systems. Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback. :)

serquei - What upload service do you prefer?

And thanks, Billy. ;)

no need! I finally managed do download the file, 33 tries after :D

review:

good trippy build up, melodic and harsh... production is clean and sharp, very good!

i really dig the beats, sometimes in time sometimes in 3rds, very nice feeling :)

beautiful melodies and ambient... I'm impressed! very good work

boom

Your best tune so far!

I thought it was fantastic, but what do I know...

Sweet, man. Thanks! :D

no need! I finally managed do download the file, 33 tries after :D

review:

good trippy build up, melodic and harsh... production is clean and sharp, very good!

i really dig the beats, sometimes in time sometimes in 3rds, very nice feeling :)

beautiful melodies and ambient... I'm impressed! very good work

boom

I'm really glad you liked it, serguei, and I appreciate all the effort to listen. :D

Sweet track, nice melodies! I love the clear sound quality.

But it deserves better drums...they're too static somehow, and the snaredrum sounds like from a general midi kit

Keep 'm coming. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Bahamut. I appreciate the honest comments. Yeah, man, I have a thing for static beats for some reason. I think I'll eventually have to find a collaborator who's better at them. The issue might be that the version you heard had drums that were too forward, so I made some various adjustments, pulled them back a little, as well as the bass, so hopefully it all sounds more integrated now. :)

The new version is posted up top if anyone's interested.

• 3 weeks later...

=I would easily see it in a downtempo compilation.

Great stuff

Not only do I see it on a compilation, as it would probably be my favorite one. Great work, Per

Im Impressed, with the production I mean. The best work of yours to date, on this aspect, and on my opinion

Really, really great....Oh and, just so you know, you and Symph are my favorite undeground artists of all time

Never stop making music

Merry x-mas Per :)