Good Psytrance still exists.Period.

Ormion

Yes it does! You just only have to find it.

You want good dark? it's out there!

Good prog? Yes!

Good suomi? Sure

Good full on? It's true, exists!

Good Goa? Well, not many out there, but so many unsigned artists produce it.

Here's what I mean. I bought recently 6 new cds. The overall quality of them made me happy and optimistic.

I bought Igor Swamp's album (member of Salakavala). Amazing!!!!! Ten times better of Salakavala stuff. One of the best Suomi Psy ever!

I bought Hiyarant album. Great stuff as always, fat, aggressive, schizophrenic! (Otto check it out, it's really close to Multistate ;))

I bought two full on compilations. Manga (Yabai records) and Apsaras (Fungi records). Both great!!! Serious stuff! No cheesy bullshit! No clubby minimalistic crap! No singing! No basslines that make you puke!

I bought Left Speaker Dancer (Doof records). Dark Psy in a different way. Brutal and more techno-ish.

I bought Tibet, A Culture In Danger. A very beautiful ambient compilation (including Hallucinogen hehe).

Good Psytrance is out there. But you have to discover it. We don't live in 1997. When you could walk in a store and pick two cds randomly and turned up good. The overall quality today is not that good and we have some many different styles after all.

All you have to do is:

-Find the labels, artists, djs you like and follow them.

-Discover new artists, don't afraid to try something new. Maybe your next ''Best album evargh'' is out there, waiting for you!

-Don't give a damn about the crappy releases. Don't even bother to write a a comment in a forum about them. Let Oren Kristal rot in his dreams of Hypersonic and 3D boobs covers.

P.S.Trust me, Goa will reborn again. Almost 25% of the music produced by unsigned artists is either Goa or something closed to it. Goasia album has already two pages in the reviews section of Isratrance. Other popular albums have only 5 comments. We just need more labels focused in Goa. ;)

btw Igor Swamp is really cool! Puoskari and Luomohappo is pretty good also (along with most Antiscarp releases)

its just a pity that good Goa is hard to come by these days, but we do have the guys at Suntrip churning out decent stuff. =) And yea i think goa is up for a revival of sorts, looking at some of the goa re-releases these days (dimension 5 - transdimensional, transwave - backfire). Heck, i only started listening to goa during 2003.

I recently purchased the VA- Manga and it does not disappoint. Yabai is quietly becoming a label that only releases quality psy. Between the Phatmatix CD and the Samurai VA, there is plenty of good psy to get into. Great job! :clapping:

Igor Swamp you say? Any goa in it? Or just Suomi?

Mdk

Yes it does! You just only have to find it.

You want good dark? it's out there!

Good prog? Yes!

Good suomi? Sure

Good full on? It's true, exists!

Good Goa? Well, not many out there, but so many unsigned artists produce it.

Good Psytrance is out there. But you have to discover it. We don't live in 1997. When you could walk in a store and pick two cds randomly and turned up good. The overall quality today is not that good and we have some many different styles after all.

All you have to do is:

-Find the labels, artists, djs you like and follow them.

-Discover new artists, don't afraid to try something new. Maybe your next ''Best album evargh'' is out there, waiting for you!

-Don't give a damn about the crappy releases. Don't even bother to write a a comment in a forum about them. Let Oren Kristal rot in his dreams of Hypersonic and 3D boobs covers.

P.S.Trust me, Goa will reborn again. Almost 25% of the music produced by unsigned artists is either Goa or something closed to it. Goasia album has already two pages in the reviews section of Isratrance. Other popular albums have only 5 comments. We just need more labels focused in Goa. ;)

Couldn't agree more. Some artists that i love that are either relatively new or have released great stuff over the past 3 years:

Atmos

Eat Static

Prometheus

Aes Dana

Solar Fields

OOOD

AMD

Perfect Stranger

Human Blue

Filteria

Phutureprimitive

Broken Toy