Shakta Appreciation Thread

PsyGoatDelic

For me, Shakta is one of the most talented and versatile musicians in our scene. I simply adore all Seb's early works: Shakta - "Silicon Trip", Somaton - "Future Memories", Digitalis - "The 3rd State". And don't force me to pick favourite tunes - I just like them all!!!

I equally like his newest offerings, like "Out of sight" and "Feed the flame", although I can clearly see why others don't.

I hope he'll release something trance-related soon :)

Shakta was a GOD!!!!

Too bad his last dance tracks are minimal :(

I hope I'm not spreading a spoiler here....

Please wait for the next Suntrip compilation "VA - Opus Iridium" on february, maybe you'll change your mind about Shakta...who knows....hmmm :posford: :posford: :posford:

he knows his stuff allright!

i love the way he can combine beautifull melodies with madness, acid and good rhythms...

i.e. silicon trip / temporal shift

i like enlightned ape too , its different which is good... i feel its more flowing and going with very nice psychedelica and from time to time he drops a beautifull melody in there....gotto love it .... esp the human life track

still gotta check somaton out ...

ok, lets make all of you people happy...

You love old school Shakta!? You'll love his music on Opus Iridium... After his mind blowing set on an (old school) party of us we talked and he decided to do it once again...

In the mean time we had a first version of the song, which is typical Shakta old school... Acidic and melodic style... :) Pure old school Shakta! :)

So he's not dead :)

ok, lets make all of you people happy...

You love old school Shakta!? You'll love his music on Opus Iridium... After his mind blowing set on an (old school) party of us we talked and he decided to do it once again...

In the mean time we had a first version of the song, which is typical Shakta old school... Acidic and melodic style... :) Pure old school Shakta! :)

So he's not dead :)

ok, this was me (Anoebis)

As Mars said... you'll be surprised :) (I didn't read his comment at first)

Yes, Shakta is really one of the fathers of psychedelic goa trance and has huge respect and appreciation from me, but he has lost it somehow in past few years, and even though he started producing more housey stuff, I still think that he hasn't sold himself as the other trance pioneers. I like as well his other projects : SOMATON, DIGITALIS, ANGEL TEARS...

My favourite tracks are :

FOXGLOVE

MICRONESIA

AMBER MANTRA

ARSIM ON ACID

COSMIC TRIGGER

INDRA'S NET

SILICON TRIP

THE FUTURE IS NOW

THE NEUROMANCER

SPIRITUAL BEINGS IN PHYSICAL BODIES

BETWEEN WORLDS

LEPTON HEAD

ION TRIBE

Yes, Shakta is really one of the fathers of psychedelic goa trance and has huge respect and appreciation from me, but he has lost it somehow in past few years, and even though he started producing more housey stuff, I still think that he hasn't sold himself as the other trance pioneers. I like as well his other projects : SOMATON, DIGITALIS, ANGEL TEARS...

My favourite tracks are :

FOXGLOVE

MICRONESIA

AMBER MANTRA

ARSIM ON ACID

COSMIC TRIGGER

INDRA'S NET

SILICON TRIP

THE FUTURE IS NOW

THE NEUROMANCER

SPIRITUAL BEINGS IN PHYSICAL BODIES

BETWEEN WORLDS

LEPTON HEAD

ION TRIBE

oh :) monsieur seraph, I was waiting for your reply :clapping:

Please wait for the next Suntrip compilation "VA - Opus Iridium" on february, maybe you'll change your mind about Shakta...who knows....hmmm :posford: :posford: :posford:

What??!! :blink:

YEEEEESSSS!!!! :posford: :clapping:

sounds awesome! :D

good to be a psynewser :posford:

are you kidding.

now you guys at suntrip are just plain torturing us.

i think i said a few years ago that it will take some of the old masters to start spinning that wheel of evolution around, as it was it was around the time suntrip was born that the wheel started, and people like seb and hopefully (dear god) but not counting on it transwave???? a.p (not likely but you never know) to really start it spinning again, well hopefully this may be it, the wheel picking up the pace in february???? will be waiting in anticipation.

and maybe hallucinogen 3 will send it tearing off the axis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!