my first (not nearly finished, though) track

Guest antic

is too ""radio"" for my ears

You mean it is cheesy or just badly produced? If it's the latter, then I agree - it was written and mixed on cheap Senheiser in-ear plugs on my laptop, so I wouldn't expect it to sound finished or 'mastered'. It has a bit too much highs and the middle is not transparent enough...

If anyone's curious, it was written on tracker, using internal effects and mono samples I found somewhere on the web (no VST or VSTi-s whatsoever, even though they're fully supported).

Thanks for the reply anyway! :)

I like it.. In fact Im impressed if thats really your first.. Add some VSTs and finish it up.. And let me know when ur done.. Great stuff, keep up..

Thanks for the feedback! No, that's not my first. I've been a demo-scene musician for couple of years between 1994-98 (on Amiga), made around 50-70 tracks then (from jazz/funk/rock to techno/trance). I had a break for almost 10 years and just recently decided I should check if I'm still able to create anything...

Problem is, I don't have much time (and dedication) for it - demanding job, wife & 2 kids etc.

I'll let you know if I ever finish it, though. :)

Hey ! Nice track ! I didn't like the beginning but the rest of the track is very nice. It is easily heard that you are Cosmosis whore... FINISH IT ! :P

By 'beginning' you mean what - the part before the beat kicks in? I thought it sounded kinda analogue-ish, but sure it needs more tweaking or some background stuff...

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you liked. An as for the Cosmosis remark, I'm leaning towards Ormion's interpretation that it sounds more like Shakta. Either way, I love 'em both so if it's similar to any of those then it's just great!!!

I'll try to finish it (at least musically / structurally) during the weekend.

By 'beginning' you mean what - the part before the beat kicks in? I thought it sounded kinda analogue-ish, but sure it needs more tweaking or some background stuff...

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm glad you liked. An as for the Cosmosis remark, I'm leaning towards Ormion's interpretation that it sounds more like Shakta. Either way, I love 'em both so if it's similar to any of those then it's just great!!!

I'll try to finish it (at least musically / structurally) during the weekend.

Yes, I mean the part before the beat kicks in... ;)

Shakta ? Wouldn't say so, that tweaking so much reminds me on Cosmosis - Synergy period ( your favourite )... :P

• 2 weeks later...

You did this? Nice work.

Yes it does have a Cosmosis vibe and feel to it. The song is actually pretty good as a part to a bigger whole from what you have so far. What is missing IMO is a strong leading melody, tempo change, anbd various song change up. But it's too early to judge the whole based on a piece.

Many elements seem to be in the right places but I wait for something awesome to appear which never does, then the track fades because it's unfinished. Naturally at only 3-4 minutes this is understandable. What you do have is professional sounding, albeit I'm waiting for the big event so to speak.

Please evolve this thing into a super song. So far it has a solid foundation. It now needs a strong second, and preferably an excellent, powerful third -- ACT to really push it to the stars. I can only imagine how many hours putting together these Goa tracks take. Evolving the song at times can be like creating and integrating several general electronic songs into one, all built upon a foundation that is apt to occasionally change too. It's all very interesting to me, and I'm sure much more challanging to produce than most techno or general trance songs.

You did this? Nice work.

Yes it does have a Cosmosis vibe and feel to it. The song is actually pretty good as a part to a bigger whole from what you have so far. What is missing IMO is a strong leading melody, tempo change, anbd various song change up. But it's too early to judge the whole based on a piece.

Many elements seem to be in the right places but I wait for something awesome to appear which never does, then the track fades because it's unfinished. Naturally at only 3-4 minutes this is understandable. What you do have is professional sounding, albeit I'm waiting for the big event so to speak.

Please evolve this thing into a super song. So far it has a solid foundation. It now needs a strong second, and preferably an excellent, powerful third -- ACT to really push it to the stars. I can only imagine how many hours putting together these Goa tracks take. Evolving the song at times can be like creating and integrating several general electronic songs into one, all built upon a foundation that is apt to occasionally change too. It's all very interesting to me, and I'm sure much more challanging to produce than most techno or general trance songs.

Damn you Jon, with encouragement like that the pressure to finish it will eat me alive!

Hope I'll manage to do something decent out of it - I'll keep you (all) updated :)

The hihats is a little to penetrating isn't it? Im listening on laptop speakers, so im not shure though :) But the synth in the beginning(2sec) is annoying imo, otherwise its GREAT!

Yeah, the hihats are to loud - I've fixed this already and made the bass+kick a bit more punchy.

You're the second guy to complain about the opening sequence, so I really have to re-think it. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

:P to tłumaczy teraz wszystko.

Zobaczymy jak ten "nowy Początek" wygląda, lecz inspiracje możesz ewentualnie w rodzinie znaleźć ...

... albo się raz na bibe wybrać i sobie dawne czasy przypomnieć :)