Future Classics

abasio

Zolod - Deja Vu Fabrique

Mosdef :drama:

Furious - Uncanny Beats

btw has anyone reviewed this album? its just mad mad maaddddddness from start to end .. listening to this makes me want to trip on mushrooms.

What about astrix??? Or is he already a classic?

And before you say anything stupid, think about how many people who prefere fullon :)

Eye to Eye is much more influential than most of the albums that were written here. Hence, a classic.

Few of those will actually be classics, will they be remembered in 10 years from now?

dont think so.

Not by you obviously, but that doesn't mean they wont become classic for some people.

I still remember Doop by Doop but I don't think it's classic.

Not by you obviously, but that doesn't mean they wont become classic for some people.

I still remember Doop by Doop but I don't think it's classic.

So what do you consider a classic then?

After how many years or generations?

I have a very good memory, so I also remember lots and lots of crap, does that mean that this crap is also classic, just because I remember it ?

So what do you consider a classic then?

After how many years or generations?

I have a very good memory, so I also remember lots and lots of crap, does that mean that this crap is also classic, just because I remember it ?

I don't know. From your earlier post it sounded like your main criteria for making it a classic was if people would remember it. So you tell me!

I am sure however that I will remember many albums from these times. I may not listen to them as regularly as I do now but I'm sure when I put them on 20 years from now I'll get this warm fuzzy feeling like I'm listening to a classic ;)

If we talk about personal classics I can for sure add Ion - Ionizer and Electro Sun - True Blue, they are among the best full-on albums for me.

• Like 1

Does future classics mean, trance albums which are not yet classics, just released in 2006/7 but which I consider future classics?

Sure!

recent albums that have not had the time to become classic but that you think will be many years down the line.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

M.E.E.O - Highlight me please

Atleast im going to be listening to it for a long long time to come. ;) listening to this makes me feel like its all coming together. (prog, oldskool, suomi and goa) :D

• 9 months later...

Anything from 2008?

Personally I think

The Nature Of Light - Shores Of Jupiter

Evan Marc + Steve Hillage - Dreamtime Submersible

Orbit Constructions - Androneda

Vataff Project - Kalitz

Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity

&

Distant System - Spiral Empire

will remain with me for years & years & years :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• 7 years later...

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

yep , the guy completely vanished . should be considered a bit of a classic altho i never been into his music but i know many liked him and he decided to just.. go and that reallly 'marked' me at the time was really sad ... but sure. there you go.

Kurbeats Folktronica

I don't bet it'll become a classic but IMO it should

not bad i had a wee check seems interesting. its free download on ektoplazm for whoever is interested :

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/kurbeats-folktronica

thanks friends i gotta go back to studio i got so much to do :S

CBL - Hydroponic Garden

CBL - World Of Sleepers

Solar Fields - Extended

Solar Fields - Leaving Home

Rena Jones - Driftwood

Sienis - From A Nutters Perspective

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

Secede - Tryshasla

The only one of these I don't still listen to regularly is the Rena Jones one, and even that got some play time this year. I think my predictions served me well here.

Not as good with these ones. All still good but only Evan Marc + Steve Hillage - Dreamtime Submersible and Jikkenteki have stayed on heavy rotation the last 8 years.