SUNTRIP

Pandemonium

There is no time! There is only music!

It's like when people say it's okay but it sounds so dated who the fuck cares if it sounds dated. 1995 was a good year, if a 1995 track sounds like it's from 1995 who the fuck cares? People who care about time over music that's who!!!

Wait....what?

Abasio: now you're talking. This is exactly what i'm expecting. I want outdated reelases that sounds like they were made in 1995'. This is the only right path to follow if you want to make timeless classics. Yea...this is still possible :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abasio: now you're talking. This is exactly what i'm expecting. I want outdated reelases that sounds like they were made in 1995'.

unfortunately those that have tried this road ended up making formulaic fullon! :P

Progress is the only way to go & progress means change :ph34r:

Yeap, thats true. But i cant agree that much with this, only partly...

Let the fullon, prog-psy and so on be progressive and trey experimenting.

I dont want goa to progress. I want it as it was 10 years ago. Stagnation forever for goa!

I'm like your dad's who wished the beatles were everlasting...:P

I'm like this in true goa :D

wait.. what?

There is one thing that makes old school so memorable & raises it in our minds & that is because it is the music that brought us to the fold. the first brilliance we have ever hear.

I don't know if genetic - trancemission is the greatest track ever but it was the first goa I ever heard & I still think it is probably the best ever.

Our perception changes with when & how we heard a track. Maybe you heard such & such a track on acid & you felt so at peace with a track. That would then mean more to you.

Am I making any sense?

I can't quite see :huh:

The only thing i can be high on in spiritual music! Drugs...cocaine/lsd/dmt etc shit ? No damn way :)

Only some special music puts me high on a different level of perceptioning :)

Maybe drugs too, but it'll be fake.

By the way. Dont think that im saying no to progressing. Every time goa is being released i have hope it will be something huge and every time my hopes are in most cases dissapointed. It just doesnt work for me as i wished :(

The only thing i can be high on in spiritual music! Drugs...cocaine/lsd/dmt etc shit ? No damn way :)

Only some special music puts me high on a different level of perceptioning :)

Maybe drugs too, but it'll be fake.

That's what I like to hear!

I'm so drug free now & I think music is getting better & better. I loved my drug days & of course the music was fantastic but some of the time I think it was artificially enhanced :huh:

abasio : this is very simple.i have heard most of suntrip records releases. this isn't the kind of stuff i can enjoy for a longer time period.

it's good, but it has no soul in my opinoon. i cant find even one single reelase ill be enjoying in 5 years from suntrip and alike labels. i'm very sure ill foget all of them, while stuff like "dnacing galaxy" will last forever. this is the main difference for me between newschool goa and oldshcool goa stuff. oldies will be remembered forever while new things swill be fogoten very fast :(

Oldies make my heart beat faster, and im tripping :)

Modern goa is just fine, i dont feel anything thats puts me higher...

New things become oldies with future generations of psyheads... Not all suntrip will become gold...

I don't know Howmany they will release maybe 12, maybe 18 cd's... the sky is the limit???

In 10 years, a serious psygeneration later some people will search that stuff and think back on the nice releases of the label. Maybe khetzal, Ra, Ka-sol become goldies and maybe 2/3 will not ...

But if I look at labels like dragonfly, blue room or transient etc more than half of their stuff is not that golden for me either (lots of half baked compies and artist albums...). I only really like maybe 1/4 of all old skool goareleases. I can name tons... I can give you lists of cd's that never became classic (or not for all goafans at least) but are from that time... Most people just remember the good and don't listen to what is lost in time...

So it's opinions time and filtering... And most people start with the classic stuff...

And then you have personal taste :

For some california sunshine is golden for me it's just mediocre cheese...

New things become oldies with future generations of psyheads... Not all suntrip will become gold...

I don't know Howmany they will release maybe 12, maybe 18 cd's... the sky is the limit???

In 10 years, a serious psygeneration later some people will search that stuff and think back on the nice releases of the label. Maybe khetzal, Ra, Ka-sol become goldies and maybe 2/3 will not ...

But if I look at labels like dragonfly, blue room or transient etc more than half of their stuff is not that golden for me either (lots of half baked compies and artist albums...). I only really like maybe 1/4 of all old skool goareleases. I can name tons... I can give you lists of cd's that never became classic (or not for all goafans at least) but are from that time... Most people just remember the good and don't listen to what is lost in time...

So it's opinions time and filtering... And most people start with the classic stuff...

And then you have personal taste :

For some california sunshine is golden for me it's just mediocre cheese...

that never became classics for YOU! What about Genetic - Transmission (oh Colin is so gonna hate me now lol) :)

that never became classics for YOU! What about Genetic - Transmission (oh Colin is so gonna hate me now lol) :)

I said some is opinions and some really never made it ... 2000 old school goa cd's? Howmany are real classics? And the scene is also very small, some stuff is hyped to classic status, because it's rare etc... The genre is kinda narrow too...

You can make a discussion about what is classic... In what context, who makes it classic... In what country do you live, were you there in the golden times, were you there before suntrip, were you there in the process or far after... Does value make classic, does classic make value or both? Are you in the state of mind to understand what is classic ? Do you share emotions with the classic? Is the group of those who make it classic bigger then those who think otherwise? Amateur collectors vs "professional" collectors... Who has THE trustworthy opinion... Are you biased by history and hype...

etc...

Time will mostly tell ...

You can make a discussion about what is classic...

Classic = of enduring interest, quality, or style

So if you still like something after a long time, it's classic (a personal classic)

if lots of people still like something after a long time it is a classic (classic)

Classic = of enduring interest, quality, or style

So if you still like something after a long time, it's classic (a personal classic)

if lots of people still like something after a long time it is a classic (classic)

Imo it stays mostly personal classic... Or classic for some part in our very little group... Because if you go wider like the darkscene (still staying in the psyscene) etc...they don't even recognise lots of old skool as classic albums. So you need to have the knowledge and be in the right group... Imo it stays kinda very personal here...

If you really want you can find a bigger group who say: why should this be a classic... Just because you bunch of old skool goa purist say it is...? Because you have the knowledge and think of yourselfs more highly and wellpositioned to make it what you people like.... etc...

So classic can easly become subjective... especially in a narrow scene and a short referential time scale...

For me it's ok to call classic what you like or a big enough group like, but I just don't think you can be right with something like classic... Don't take this wrong... I like categories, lists etc , I make them myself and I search all the time for "my classic stuff"... :D

Btw. It was only a response to pawelek actually...

I mean what I read from him was : Classics are the tracks from 94-98... (so old school goa releases). And new stuff like some suntrip stuff couldn't become classic because he thinks he's not going to listen to it in x years... I say some maybe will, we can't say that now without referential time scale etc.... Maybe 3 of 16 suntrip releases will in 10 years... or 15 years... (because a big enough group makes them..., they never are imo...)

So the subjectivity is in peoples replies, it's never objective... The best you can get is a mayority rule in a narrow scene...

:)

I think that I will put on some suntrip albums in 10 years after maybe not listening to them for a long time & I'll go fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk that was good! So in my eyes they are classic.

Not all but some ;)

& I don't find D5 a classic anyway. I like it don7t get me wrong but it doesn't & never did make me go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk this is good.

Khetzal on the other hand did & does, some ka-sol tracks do :D

All but these:

1 Goasia - From Other Spaces

1 Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

1 VA - Twist Dream

Goasia and the Twist Dream compilation is on my to buy-list. I allready own the D5 release on vinyl so I won't buy that CD. Well, unless I get lots of money... ;)

The only ones that you dont own are the only ones that I do. :D on cd that is.

all of em , khetzal being my favorite :wub:

hell, i even have the new Ra cd already heh :D now that is some darkpsy i can handle never goes over 180 BPM :)

;):P

Imo it stays mostly personal classic... Or classic for some part in our very little group... Because if you go wider like the darkscene (still staying in the psyscene) etc...they don't even recognise lots of old skool as classic albums. So you need to have the knowledge and be in the right group... Imo it stays kinda very personal here...

If you really want you can find a bigger group who say: why should this be a classic... Just because you bunch of old skool goa purist say it is...? Because you have the knowledge and think of yourselfs more highly and wellpositioned to make it what you people like.... etc...

I don't like metal, but I can't deny Black Sabbath - Paranoid is a classic album. People who deny other people's appreciation of something need to take their heads out of their asses IMO. Also I think the darkscene is still too young for the true classics of the genre to be known, although I'm sure people will have their own personal classics already.

I have 'em all on original CDs, except Ka-Sol's "Fairytale" album, which I illegally donwloaded off Soulseek...

I do feel bad about it, and I've been planning to buy it ever since, but I somehow always menage to let it sneak out of my shopping cart <_<

My faves...: 1) Khetzal- Corolle 2) Goasia- From other spaces 3) V/A Twist Dreams ... and so forth

I have all :)

My fav is now Goasia; but Heliopolis and Twist Dreams are also very enligntening at each listening.

well duh :P

I have all too... even double :P

Anyway, favourite must be still Khetzal and D5 :) véry closely followed by the others