What is Simon Posford up to?

Insejn

I'll call him up and ask.

j/k. I don't know his phone number.

But he is working on Shpongle? w0000t? When is it expected?

Well, he said several months ago there would be no Shpongle box set, and instead there would be Shpongle 4. And apparently, Raja and him are working on it... As to when it is expected, I have no clue.

Another Younger Brother album?

YAAAWWWWNNNNN

I was hoping that meant a prometheus chill out album! All his chilled stuff I've heard has been much better than his lackluster trance.

As for Simon P, he's currently working on an album composed entirely during his trips to the bog! People will love it ;)

Apparently the first metal sharon one is underway. Much more excited about this than the prospect of a new shpongle/YB album (even if balloon dance did suck a little...)

I remember reading an interview with simon where he said the MS stuff is a lot weirder and more out there than any of the hallucinogen stuff he's put out before, which can only be a good thing :rolleyes:

I was hoping that meant a prometheus chill out album! All his chilled stuff I've heard has been much better than his lackluster trance.

As for Simon P, he's currently working on an album composed entirely during his trips to the bog! People will love it ;)

I also hopes it's the Prometheus chill out album he talks about. Considering Robot-O-Chan is by far the best track he ever made.

Another YB..? another Shpongle..?

Do you realize how boring this is getting? Shpongle and YB are great but can we hear something NEW please??

The first and second Hallucinogen album was both innovative, different, and track sequel or two aside, they were something new! This is why I think many people would love a third Hallucinogen album, because of their memories from the first two, regardless that the third would be completely different as well, if it ever got made.

While not as groundbreaking as the first obviously, Shpongle 2 accomplished this new approach too. While the third seemed to score more mixed reviews than before because it wasn't as novel in ideas. I thought Shpongle 3 was great overall (new tracks in the Shpongle sound I'll always give a listen to) but each album feels less special to me. I want something new.

This is a good thread because so many people across the world share the same wonder with this artist. But the idea of another YB album just after this one released one month ago??? I find uninteresting. It's too soon. Shpongle is more interesting obviously, but something new would be more interesting with exception to Hallucinogen 3, if he kept his amazing intricate essence and style as he did when he crossed over from Twisted to The Lone Deranger. It was an amazing crossover and one of the most mature and ground breaking examples of evolution (although I wouldn't say the sequel entirely triumphed the debut per say) in Goa and Psy.

Do you realize how boring this is getting? Shpongle and YB are great but can we hear something NEW please??

The first and second Hallucinogen album was both innovative, different, and track sequel or two aside, they were something new! This is why I think many people would love a third Hallucinogen album, because of their memories from the first two, regardless that the third would be completely different as well, if it ever got made.

While not as groundbreaking as the first obviously, Shpongle 2 accomplished this new approach too. While the third seemed to score more mixed reviews than before because it wasn't as novel in ideas. I thought Shpongle 3 was great overall (new tracks in the Shpongle sound I'll always give a listen to) but each album feels less special to me. I want something new.

This is a good thread because so many people across the world share the same wonder with this artist. But the idea of another YB album just after this one released one month ago??? I find uninteresting. It's too soon. Shpongle is more interesting obviously, but something new would be more interesting with exception to Hallucinogen 3, if he kept his amazing intricate essence and style as he did when he crossed over from Twisted to The Lone Deranger. It was an amazing crossover and one of the most mature and ground breaking examples of evolution (although I wouldn't say the sequel entirely triumphed the debut per say) in Goa and Psy.

+1. This is why I'd prefer Simon to focus on the first metal sharon album. You can't really go wrong with simon posford and merv pepler :P (well, one would HOPE not :unsure: )

Simon also keeps saying in interviews and stuff how he's more interested in working with new people who can provide him with anything that he can't do in the studio (mentioned people like Bjork and Rodrigo y Gabriela before), as opposed to just working with other psy trance producers. I think this would be so cool if he actually got off his arse and started trying to set up working with people like that, as opposed to just working with the same kind of people from the same label over and over again...

On a similar note, does it seem to anyone else that twisted has been getting annoyingly incestuous lately? It seems that they are incapable of releasing any albums that dont include simon p, benji or ott, with people like merv occasionally contributing. Just look at the last unusual suspects album, or the line up for the proposed next twisted party (It's as if they consider themselves too good a record label to go out hunting for some new artists... :ph34r:

All i can say is that if they continue that way then the record label's gonna be fucked when simon p decides to stop making music!

On a similar note, does it seem to anyone else that twisted has been getting annoyingly incestuous lately? It seems that they are incapable of releasing any albums that dont include simon p, benji or ott, with people like merv occasionally contributing. Just look at the last unusual suspects album, or the line up for the proposed next twisted party (It's as if they consider themselves too good a record label to go out hunting for some new artists... :ph34r:

All i can say is that if they continue that way then the record label's gonna be fucked when simon p decides to stop making music!

Well, Twisted has always focused on their core artists like Simon, Tristan, Ott and Benji. Contrary to your comment I would actually say, that they have opened up a bit to other artists lately by releasing the GBU and Koxbox albums.

Well, Twisted has always focused on their core artists like Simon, Tristan, Ott and Benji. Contrary to your comment I would actually say, that they have opened up a bit to other artists lately by releasing the GBU and Koxbox albums.

That was over a year ago though. And there's nothing in the pipelines for any albums to be released in the future that doesnt involve simon, benji or ott...

Having said that, their backroom beats sub lable has been putting out some good stuff. Flexitones was awesome and i've heard electroslide is v good too

For the benefit of Nemo and other people who may not realise I was joking, that's not Simon in the photo I posted, it just looks like him.

:lol: you should not have said! now its not funny anymore :( (and yeah, I did not get it, im stupid) :)

Anyways, i dont care what he is up to, to be honest. If there is something coming, I will look forward to it, if not, then he just needs more time. And as for Twisted focusing more on internal artists, I mean... most labels do! ;)

It'd be nice if there was another Shpongle album like the second one.... the other two were ok... but I defenitly enjoyed the second one most.

And I agree with the people who said some new talent would be nice. Be great to see posferd with new people or even... shock horror on his own again!

I agree that a new YB so soon can be boring. But we don't know how it will sound, right? It can be totally different, innovative and new. Since YB2 was so unlike YB1 I think it's a possibility that YB3 can be unlike YB2. But yeah. Some completely new projects wouldn't hurt.

What he should do is to get on a flight to SA and collaborate an album with Artifakt ;)