Mastering Suggestions for the Free Music Movement

www.intellenoise.com

is this not the mastering your looking for? when you said 1000 did that mean for one record? if so then vince should do you just fine basilisk!

but maybe you are speaking of post-mastering? like for the REAL deal? hmm... probably not necessary for free psytrance!

or maybe you mean 1000 for five releases in which vince is in the same ballpark... well either way i think he is doing a very good job on the records he has done.. and also to be a total dipshit and speak for him, you could shoot him some emails and maybe if you asked to hire him like indefenatly to do most of the ektoplazm records with giant banners for intellenoise then he may cut a deal? but i'm an american retard and only talk to him through email and perceive him as an extremely cool, nice guy, i could be way off and insulting his talent..... it is how he survives!!!

but really you liked funked up so if you havent asked him already do it! and if you have pm me or something cause i'm just curious what the conclusion would have been..

i really admire his work, like everything... it seems that in the future he will be doing VERY big things!

lol hopefully soon I will have an ep to give you! and I will pay for the mastering to be done by him!!!! keep an eye out :posford:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't read many of the replies (there's just so many of them) so if I repeat another reply, my apologies. The answer you seek isn't very complicated at all. You see, some 20 years ago, I was in a much similar situation. I had my regular job that paid regular pay and was barely covering my expenses with everything else going to a very expensive hobby... being a dj.

Now, I'll spare you the boring details that resulted in the transition from playing others music to creating my own. But the lesson learned happened in this phase. Out of necessity, I learned a very important skill... audio engineering. I picked up a copy of Sonic Foundry (now Sony) Sound Forge and Acid and spent numerous nightly hours toying with it. When I recorded a live dj set, I would run it through Sound Forge and optimize the sound.

As time passed, I realized that this is what I wanted to do. So I took out a student loan and make my training official (although I had behind the mixing board for nearly a decade already). I got my certification and was now a marketable commodity. I began working with some really awesome talent both inside and outside the electronic music realms. Today, it's what I do for my livelihood. I've found markets to where my music could be used. I collect a nice little royalty check each month. And this success has given me a new found freedom to create more on the underground level.

So, you're probably asking: "How does this help me?"

Well, you (or somebody you work with on this project) can take up the task of being the engineer. Go get yourself a copy of the software program of your choice (ask around or simply go with what feels right for you, it doesn't matter). Or you can seek out somebody who will be willing to help you. My story is not a singularity. There are many other djs out there who have picked up audio engineering skills due to necessity. And although, they may not be doing it on a professional level, I've come to find that many in the trance community have found success in other areas, thus freeing them of the responsibility of having to charge for such services of audio engineer.

• 2 months later...

Devious you must truly BLIND , as to what you write about others. What is your true motive besides sitting and writing crap about others, What are YOUR own Successes?

This is what you posted. "Sorry, I must say that mastering1.com site's is full of shit and that guy there DOES use NS10's as his mastering pair. After reading his site thoroughly through, it became quite laughable and I feel sorry for any musician who buy's into his shit."

You wrote that Mastering1.com site is full of shit and that they use NS10 For mastering.

In your SELECTIVE READING you did not SEE and mention that they have PROFESSIONAL JBL 4411 STUDIO CONTROL MONITORS, which anyone can see in their website.

What mastering1.com has in the Recording & Mixing tips is Great and assists those who are new to recording and mixing.

By your Comments, looks like you are still a young Puppy Teenager, Stop being a CLOWN, and learn form those who truly know. That is why they are SUCCESSFUL and don't waste their time writing bad things about others.

If you want to Succeed CONCENTRATE your Time & Efforts on YOUR OWN MUSIC,

GOOD LUCK :D

Devious you must truly BLIND , as to what you write about others. What is your true motive besides sitting and writing crap about others, What are YOUR own Successes?

This is what you posted. "Sorry, I must say that mastering1.com site's is full of shit and that guy there DOES use NS10's as his mastering pair. After reading his site thoroughly through, it became quite laughable and I feel sorry for any musician who buy's into his shit."

You wrote that Mastering1.com site is full of shit and that they use NS10 For mastering.

In your SELECTIVE READING you did not SEE and mention that they have PROFESSIONAL JBL 4411 STUDIO CONTROL MONITORS, which anyone can see in their website.

What mastering1.com has in the Recording & Mixing tips is Great and assists those who are new to recording and mixing.

By your Comments, looks like you are still a young Puppy Teenager, Stop being a CLOWN, and learn form those who truly know. That is why they are SUCCESSFUL and don't waste their time writing bad things about others.

If you want to Succeed CONCENTRATE your Time & Efforts on YOUR OWN MUSIC,

GOOD LUCK :D

Sorry, I must say that mastering1.com site's is full of shit and that guy there DOES use NS10's as his mastering pair. After reading his site thoroughly through, it became quite laughable and I feel sorry for any musician who buy's into his shit.

I get the point regarding NS10's, I misread too deeply into it. I stand corrected and admit.

But for the humor out of all of this, I suggest reading mastering1.com's site, it's really funny.

-d

http://absy.com/ABSMMI/ITV/TLA/ukitvtla.html <- as far as mixing is concerned, you cannot diss this guy for using the NS10's as his main mixing pair. If you do, you have no credit :-P but I am also reading that older pairs of the NS10s were of better quality, had awesome bass response, etcetera, and throughout the years, Yamaha changed the design.

Sorry, I must say that mastering1.com site's is full of shit and that guy there DOES use NS10's as his mastering pair. After reading his site thoroughly through, it became quite laughable and I feel sorry for any musician who buy's into his shit.

I get the point regarding NS10's, I misread too deeply into it. I stand corrected and admit.

But for the humor out of all of this, I suggest reading mastering1.com's site, it's really funny.

-d

http://absy.com/ABSMMI/ITV/TLA/ukitvtla.html <- as far as mixing is concerned, you cannot diss this guy for using the NS10's as his main mixing pair. If you do, you have no credit :-P but I am also reading that older pairs of the NS10s were of better quality, had awesome bass response, etcetera, and throughout the years, Yamaha changed the design.