stealing kicks

:lol:

Anyways do u have some recommendations for good kick maker and percussion synthesizer..

And no its not ok to steal software as much as stealing kick is.. But when u steal kick somebody can recognize it.. And in other case it cant..

Its just that people should develop their skillz and stealing music isnt good at all.. I only once stealed kick drum.. But I played it with my synth live and it took time while It was as good as original, I didnt copy raw sound file..

I steal vocals from films and samples like that mainly, but who doesnt?..

lol you must be THE most double faced person in psynews history... And you preach spiritual things to people... sorry dude, you are just as much a thief as anyone that just steals a single kick.

And I am sorry, there is no single kick I have heard in ANY psytrance track that I dont have on some sample cd (which of MOST I stole, I admit)... and actually, I sent Reznik the kick he was looking for (very similar at least) and it can be made by following IM's tuturial...

You steal samples, how would you feel if I took one of your sacred scriptures, copied em, and gave them for FREE to people.... (Either answer will make you look, bad) :D:lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You steal samples, how would you feel if I took one of your sacred scriptures, copied em, and gave them for FREE to people.... (Either answer will make you look, bad) :D:lol:

Man I would feel awesome, will u do that? At least copy them for yourself :clapping:

Anyways, why dont u upload that kick ass cd u have?

And I was thinking about some recomendations of rhythm making vsts if u have some in mind..

And I am sorry, there is no single kick I have heard in ANY psytrance track that I dont have on some sample cd

Well u sure dont have mine..

And yeah, I wanted to tell u this for long.. Remember that pro tools we talked about and logic? U said that it can never be found crack and infact I didnt found it on net.. But when I searched on my year old cds I found them both :ph34r:

But I dont have mac so whats the use.. I tried Logic anyway and it didnt impressed me

And really if I ever make money with warez I will buy progs that I use.. Its just that u first have to try it out, cause theres a lot of crap out there and every maker says his program is the best.. It would be better to have already printed manual than to print your own.. And the packs look great on many of them.. But like I said till there is some real use of them I wont pay a bit..

Man I would feel awesome, will u do that? At least copy them for yourself :clapping:

Anyways, why dont u upload that kick ass cd u have?

And I was thinking about some recomendations of rhythm making vsts if u have some in mind..

Well u sure dont have mine..

And yeah, I wanted to tell u this for long.. Remember that pro tools we talked about and logic? U said that it can never be found crack and infact I didnt found it on net.. But when I searched on my year old cds I found them both :ph34r:

But I dont have mac so whats the use.. I tried Logic anyway and it didnt impressed me

And really if I ever make money with warez I will buy progs that I use.. Its just that u first have to try it out, cause theres a lot of crap out there and every maker says his program is the best.. It would be better to have already printed manual than to print your own.. And the packs look great on many of them.. But like I said till there is some real use of them I wont pay a bit..

pathetic.

I have a folder on my hard drive called 'psykicks' guess what, its all STOLEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who gives a shit? Hell, i have a track on myspace with startrek/5th elemnt/ bevis and butthead samples loaded all over the place....and you know what, no one has said a damn thing, and you know why?..the world isn't looking.... to be honest, most people, esp psy/goa artists, are not that far into the 'global spotlight'...not popular nor famous enough for anyone to actually give a shit if someone stole a sample.... Astral Projection, could take clips from Heros the tv show and make a song, and no one would really give a shit tbh...

ps, is anyone able to help locate a track i can't find anywhere? :D:P:)

also, use any of my meterial you want, its all CC for a reason, music should be free, period.

I have a folder on my hard drive called 'psykicks' guess what, its all STOLEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who gives a shit?startrek/5th elemnt/ bevis and butthead samples loaded all over the place....and you know what, no one has said a damn thing, and you know why?..the world isn't looking.... to be honest, most people, esp psy/goa artists, are not that far into the 'global spotlight'...not popular nor famous enough for anyone to actually give a shit if someone stole a sample.... Astral Projection, could take clips from Heros the tv show and make a song, and no one would really give a shit tbh...

ps, is anyone able to help locate a track i can't find anywhere? :D:P:)

also, use any of my meterial you want, its all CC for a reason, music should be free, period.

Thats what Im talking.. Sampling movies is ok and its whats trance is all about.. Astral projection stoled a whole dune movie.. Thees not one sample for us left.. bastards :lol:

Anyways wanna share your folder?

Nemo..

I should adopt my views.. You taken me to seriously.. I was just saying that is much better to make your own stuff(and a lot harder) and its not so bad to steal kick but I give more respect to people how make mucic not copy it.. Thats why todays psy sounds all the same.. Everything is copied.. People are too lazy to work.. Its good to copy but if u start with a kick u will wanna copy bassline too, then arrangement and u wont create anything new..

And I wanted to add a question to this topic

Is it ok to use factory presets from vsts?

Probably u will agree according to what I see but every preset I use I throughly changed and has nothing to do with original, its just a startpoint for creatin, thats the way I see it..

You know seriously sampling cds is a joke to me.

That you would miss the fun of discovering a great grove that you put together because you slole a loop or a kick or even the entire melody from someone else's recording.

You are not a producer, you are a remixer!

You are only an artist if what you make comes from YOU. Not the internet, not a sample cd, not some psytrance that you really like from Colin OOOD or some other artist.

How hard is it to learn for yourself how to compress or EQ a kick drum to make it unique?

I EQed a kick last night to limit its fequency range - how long did it take? 3 minutes total.

You could spend hours listening to sample kicks for 'just the right one' --what a waste of time!!!

In a perfect world, most of your time producing would be spent trying to be creative, because that is ultimately what is most rewarding, not learning new software, not downloading a new crack from the internet, and NOT figuring out how to separate a kick from an existing recording. :drama:

You know seriously sampling cds is a joke to me.

That you would miss the fun of discovering a great grove that you put together because you slole a loop or a kick or even the entire melody from someone else's recording.

You are not a producer, you are a remixer!

You are only an artist if what you make comes from YOU. Not the internet, not a sample cd, not some psytrance that you really like from Colin OOOD or some other artist.

How hard is it to learn for yourself how to compress or EQ a kick drum to make it unique?

I EQed a kick last night to limit its fequency range - how long did it take? 3 minutes total.

You could spend hours listening to sample kicks for 'just the right one' --what a waste of time!!!

In a perfect world, most of your time producing would be spent trying to be creative, because that is ultimately what is most rewarding, not learning new software, not downloading a new crack from the internet, and NOT figuring out how to separate a kick from an existing recording. :drama:

wow. so wise. lets hear it :drama:

when you make a kick and a hihat from a synth, call me....if you don't use samples, you don't have percussion.

Try telling Vince Clarke that. Or the guy who designed that synth, what was it called again, oh yes - the TR909. Also: where do you think all these kick samples come from in the first place? They don't just fall from the sky, thrown down by Thor to give man the Gift of Bass; people make them. On synths. The most successful kick I ever made was layered out of a sound from a home-made analog synth (low end) and the top end of a detuned 909 sample. We used it on this - it sounds very similar to the classic MWNN kick. (AFAIK our EP came out before Moment of Truth... :P;) )

Flattering to be used as a comparison point above but really, these days I use sampled kicks all the time, although I don't sample them myself - I'm in the fortunate position of people sending me unsolicited random kicks they've either sampled or been sent themselves (cheers Pavel, Tron!) or made themselves (cheers Hujaboy!). In return I've put a couple of my kicks online as part of the Isratrance Kick Exchange Project, including one of the best kicks I ever made (IMNSHO): www.oood.net/public/oood_aliased_kick.wav, which we used on the Voice of Cod album.

when you make a kick and a hihat from a synth, call me....if you don't use samples, you don't have percussion.

Its true what colin said.. You can make kick like on 909 on a virtual analog synth.. First 2 tracks I did when I got the synth were made with synth only, and that includes kick, hats, toms and everything.. That was just for fun and learning and of course u need to have few different tools but it can be done.. And the kick my synth makes is much better and fuller, deeper than any sample I have.. But unfortunatelly I dont use it very often..

Anyways will everyone sugest good kick/percussion maker VST? I have few of them but there must be some better stuff..

And yeah, Im glad that at least few of them support my theory.. Man I thought horrible things like where is the music? Is anyone making his own stuff anymore?

And Nemo u didnt answer.. Do u use factory presets as they are?

If yes than I think you should stick with magix music maker or something like that, there are many sampled loops and kicks there, you just put them altogether and u have a hit track(thats been chewed million times over and over)..

And cronodevir, its not bad to suck making kicks, you use sample but u should plan to learn how to make one..

Its true what colin said.. You can make kick like on 909 on a virtual analog synth.. First 2 tracks I did when I got the synth were made with synth only, and that includes kick, hats, toms and everything.. That was just for fun and learning and of course u need to have few different tools but it can be done.. And the kick my synth makes is much better and fuller, deeper than any sample I have.. But unfortunatelly I dont use it very often..

Anyways will everyone sugest good kick/percussion maker VST? I have few of them but there must be some better stuff..

And yeah, Im glad that at least few of them support my theory.. Man I thought horrible things like where is the music? Is anyone making his own stuff anymore?

If yes than I think you should stick with magix music maker or something like that, there are many sampled loops and kicks there, you just put them altogether and u have a hit track(thats been chewed million times over and over)..

And cronodevir, its not bad to suck making kicks, you use sample but u should plan to learn how to make one..

yes I do. sometimes a preset is just soooo damn good that it does not need changing. Of course, some effects, or whatever is always added, equing, etc etc. dont see the relevance to stealing a kick though.... I have BOUGHT many Virus and other softsynth banks actually.. ;)

Dude, you can get a PHAT kick from a subtractive synth, not to mention some wicked hi-hats and snares, percussion, FX, etc.

Stealing (borrowing/sampling) percussion can be an artform in the right hands.

for pads i use the factory presets that come with vanguard, the pads are really good.

Why the hell would you use a synth to emulate something real like a kickdrum? It sounds like a waste of time to me, when you can simply get a real kick drum and modify it...

And making hats and snares from a synth, well, those people can GTFO, why make somethign when it is unnanimously known to not sound authentic and real?

Lol, i didn't think people actually tried to make percussion with a synth..thats funny.

Why the hell would you use a synth to emulate something real like a kickdrum? It sounds like a waste of time to me, when you can simply get a real kick drum and modify it...

And making hats and snares from a synth, well, those people can GTFO, why make somethign when it is unnanimously known to not sound authentic and real?

Lol, i didn't think people actually tried to make percussion with a synth..thats funny.

well, it sounds authentic and real.

Dance music only exists the way it does because of synthesised percussion. The kickdrum and snare from the TR909 are both synthesised sounds, not samples, and are responsible (with the hihats from the same machine, which are admittedly samples) for much of the way dance music sounds today; not sure if you've noticed but dance music isn't exactly renowned for its reliance on 'authentic and real-sounding' percussion.

I doubt it...and if it did, again i ask, why? If it sounds real, why not just skip that whole waste of time, and use..a REAL kick?

This is something i don't get about trance music sometimes, tries so hard to not sound organic, yet when it comes to percussion, they try to sound as organic as possiable, using a synth or what have you....stop wasteing time, thats probably why most electronic songs are mearly catchy dance tracks "because we gotta make sure that kick sounds real mate!!! don't forget to master it.....what? melody and harmony? GTFO i like my kick bass kick bass kick bass kick bass line..that shit is tizight!!!!"

I'm just saying, a synth isn't going to make a kick drum sound more realerer [sp??] than an actual kick, so why not just use a recorded kick drum and modify that? Thats useualy what i do. i don't waste time trying to turn my 404 into a real authentic kickdrum...besides, people will think its a sample anyways if it sounds too good.

Its amazing how much of a waste of time people spend on stuff... "hey, lets make a kick drum that sounds real instead of useing a real kick drum"

its as if several 'exprts' gathered around, decided on what is the hardest method of doing something, agreed on it, and published it, and everyone started to catch on and do it that way......................oh wait, that is what happened.

----

And if you use a TR909 for percs now, people will laugh at you because it sounds too synthetic....not real enough.

----

You tell me which is better, former or latter: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/qksp/kickthing

What it boils down to is, does it sound good? imho, if it doesn't sound real, its basicly crap....in the sample i made, the second kick sounds leages better than the bassy bluraggggygsgkjg-ness of the first one. first one is a synth kick and second one is a sample taken from deepest india

I doubt it...and if it did, again i ask, why? If it sounds real, why not just skip that whole waste of time, and use..a REAL kick?

This is something i don't get about trance music sometimes, tries so hard to not sound organic, yet when it comes to percussion, they try to sound as organic as possiable, using a synth or what have you....stop wasteing time, thats probably why most electronic songs are mearly catchy dance tracks "because we gotta make sure that kick sounds real mate!!! don't forget to master it.....what? melody and harmony? GTFO i like my kick bass kick bass kick bass kick bass line..that shit is tizight!!!!"

I'm just saying, a synth isn't going to make a kick drum sound more realerer [sp??] than an actual kick, so why not just use a recorded kick drum and modify that? Thats useualy what i do. i don't waste time trying to turn my 404 into a real authentic kickdrum...besides, people will think its a sample anyways if it sounds too good.

Its amazing how much of a waste of time people spend on stuff... "hey, lets make a kick drum that sounds real instead of useing a real kick drum"

its as if several 'exprts' gathered around, decided on what is the hardest method of doing something, agreed on it, and published it, and everyone started to catch on and do it that way......................oh wait, that is what happened.

----

And if you use a TR909 for percs now, people will laugh at you because it sounds too synthetic....not real enough.

----

You tell me which is better, former or latter: http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/qksp/kickthing

What it boils down to is, does it sound good? imho, if it doesn't sound real, its basicly crap....in the sample i made, the second kick sounds leages better than the bassy bluraggggygsgkjg-ness of the first one. first one is a synth kick and second one is a sample taken from deepest india

again:

Posted Image

:blink:

+1

Cronodevir - you don't half come out with some bullshit sometimes. :clapping: Try making a dance track of any genre purely with percussion sounds sampled from real life and see how far you get.

+1

Cronodevir - you don't half come out with some bullshit sometimes. :clapping: Try making a dance track of any genre purely with percussion sounds sampled from real life and see how far you get.

and I am sorry to add, that that would REALLY be a waste of time, if ANYTHING :D:lol: