Yamaha STAGEPAS 300

So, for awhile now I have wanted to buy a nice set of speakers/monitors for use at home and wherever else I feel like DJ'ing. I have had my eyes on the Yamaha Stagepas 300 PA System for awhile now because they're more or less the only speakers I have seen sold in Tokyo (the guitar industry is f*cking ridiculous here... it's just an overblown fad) and because they seem fairly portable. Does anyone have any experience with them? I brought my Ipod with me to the shop and tested Vibrasphere's "Reservoir" on them and it sounded wonderful, but I was a little worried about the life of them.... They seem like they're sturdy enough, but if I am throwing them into a backpacking backpack and carting them clear across Tokyo to do a small gig in a random park or at my school, are they eventually going to shit out on me? Other huge issue is that I have to be able to get them home eventually whether it be on a plane or in the mail. If shipping charges are too high I might just wait until I get home to buy a set of speakers.... I also have a limited budget. Do you think theres anything better out there? Suggestions, opinions, references, input etc greatly appreciated.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-STAGEPA...513-i1145442.gc

ive been looking for something small but loud enough to make some outdoor parties here (for around 40+ people), this should do it, I guess! Thanks haha :)

I've tried it myself and it sounds amazing.... I don't know how far the sound carries though. Do you think there's anything better? I guess when it boils down to it anything would work~....

I've tried it myself and it sounds amazing.... I don't know how far the sound carries though. Do you think there's anything better? I guess when it boils down to it anything would work~....

I will for certain try it... its within a good price range as well :)

They look like mackies.. I dont know for the price but they should do the job.. Although, I would recommend mackies, they are expensive but the sound is wow

Mackie SRM450's yo! I had a set of these back in my wannabe DJ days. Since I sucked at spinning, I spent more time in the studio listening to vinyl ;) and smoking herbage than mixing and it was fun. These SRM450's are somewhat portable, I'd say a trunk but are going to cost singly as much as this whole yamaha kit costs...but more power ;)

I however have learned that mackies are not the studio monitors I want, but some genelec 1029 a's are in place. I actually got to hear them side by side and for the same price range, the genelecs totally blew the hr824s away!@# like whoa.

-d

Mackie SRM450's yo! I had a set of these back in my wannabe DJ days. Since I sucked at spinning, I spent more time in the studio listening to vinyl ;) and smoking herbage than mixing and it was fun. These SRM450's are somewhat portable, I'd say a trunk but are going to cost singly as much as this whole yamaha kit costs...but more power ;)

I however have learned that mackies are not the studio monitors I want, but some genelec 1029 a's are in place. I actually got to hear them side by side and for the same price range, the genelecs totally blew the hr824s away!@# like whoa.

-d

I have the 1029a's and I want to get rid of them ;):D

I have the 1029a's and I want to get rid of them ;):D

I only have used the 450's and I've been in another guy's studio using the 1232's? or whatever, the bigger ones. They sounded awesome.

Anyways, you can just send the 1029's to me Nemo. I'll pay for shipping and take good care of them [or trade them up for something better?] ;)

-d

Ahaahah. Sounds too familiar~ ^^.

I guess in response, glad you could relate.

Oh, and as for the speakers, I really wish I had an opinion on these, but based on reviews across the board, aside for being used in a live band and drummers...some say they can overpower the drum others say they cannot....i've read everything but bad reviews. They're apparently revered as the speakers for people on a budget and they work as they should for all situations. And they are rugged enough to throw into your car and go or whatever. They even have a bag with roller wheels with two compartments for each speaker. Pretty slick setup there, especially for those 15-20 people parties out in the woods with your friends camping. Don't use a whole lot of power, either....you could fill the generator up once and go all night! :)

-d

I only have used the 450's and I've been in another guy's studio using the 1232's? or whatever, the bigger ones. They sounded awesome.

Anyways, you can just send the 1029's to me Nemo. I'll pay for shipping and take good care of them [or trade them up for something better?] ;)

-d

Getting rid of was meaning, I want to sell them for something else. These monitors dont have the "Bass" that I am looking for, but they sure are clean as fuck in the sound. I think I have never heard cleaner monitors. At the moment, I have a lot of background sound though (such as my really loud server) and that does not really give the sound a plus. I guess I could just buy a subwoofer... I dont know, lately I just dont get them to sound like I want. Trade them for what?!

Oh, and I really want to get rid of my Juno Alpha 2... if you know someone with intresst in that one, then let me know. Its in somewhat rugged condition (some keys dont work on the keyboard) but else its fine (looks very good as well, no major scratches and stuff)... but I guess I can not get more than 120 euros for it really... it would be a good start to a subwoofer though... wouldnt it? :D