Infected Mushroom.

NEMO.BOFH

I am Merlin I come to save you, and bring you back to the old ways. Beware it's coming!! :lol:

edit:

Maybe I should state my opinion, they did some wonderful amazing earlier works. I really enjoy Converting Vegeterians aswell and from that well the went downhill. Though there are some really nice track ob Supervisor I think and I do enjoy listening to some of the tracks on Vicious if I am in the right mood. But I would rather see them doing some bad pop-oriented music than if they had try to make something that let's say would compete with classical and fail utterly. They might need this journey to get inspiration to get back and do a killer psy-album later on. I wouldn't rule them out at once they are still VERY young! Time will tell as always...

and what the fuck is all about sell outs' and this and that, you people into psychedelics should be a little more open minded gosh, honestly...an artist is a person that creates and experiments...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... in the trance scene that means selling out...

...i gave up on them after Bp empire...

Exactly, personaly, I think they like the money, who wouldn't?

They have the talent, they love what they do... it's like Metallica, what they do now sounds nothing compared to what they used to sound like...

It's their choise, I don't blame them.I just wouldn't wan't to hear any of their latest compositions on a party, actually, they played IM on a very comercial radio channel last week... :)

Think Anoebis captured it perfectly, they probably just grew out of it, made their own personal progress.

I can immagine, if your'e making as much music as they produced, they eventually want to do something different.

Can't blame them, they gave us treasures with Classical Mushroom and The Gathering, and ofcoarse their tasty name Infected Mushroom, allways loved that name. :)

and what the fuck is all about sell outs' and this and that, you people into psychedelics should be a little more open minded gosh, honestly...an artist is a person that creates and experiments...

I don't understand all the negativity about selling out! People will always want to make money and what they are making now is reaching a far larger audience. Okay they could have used a different name but obviously they thought the Infected Mushroom brand carried some weight that would help them sell.

Hell, if I could make music & I had a chance to make a lot of money from it then I'm sure I would do it :ph34r:

I would also though make music that I really liked making and release it under an alias!

Shame Erez doesn't release some solo stuff!

I think that is our one big hope, Solo work! I'm sure without Dudev's influence (singing) that IM would be a lot better.

Well. lets be fair. "Technically", their production is superb. They know their shit.

It's just their idea of "music" doesnt exactly gel with mine.

yeah, to call it absolute shite is not really on, since their "quality" has only gone better production wise. that it does not play ball with my taste is another issue, which I simply do not see a point of raising...

I think I've seen this thread before.. everytime someone puts on an old IM cd, nothing that hasn't been discussed before :unsure:

Indeed. The use of preservatives in marmalade would make a much more interesting discussion. I'm all for them myself as I like a choice of spreads on my toast for breakfast and often have a jar of jam, honey and marmalade on the go at the same time.

ive always wondered if infected mushroom know what the majority of psytrance listeners think about their new style and how they feel themselves about that issue :unsure:

If you go for the sales figures the majority of "psy" listeners dig their music. And even if not, it's still possible they like what they are doing so...

If you go for the sales figures the majority of "psy" listeners dig their music. And even if not, it's still possible they like what they are doing so...

well yes, but you hear the constant bitching on the forums, dont you? so something must indeed be wrong with their new music.

I like all albums except "The Gathering" and "Vicious Delicious". I think I didn't catch on to the gathering son enough to think of it a fabulous - it doesn't really stand out for me as a great achievement. All the others do except vicious. I only discovered BP, Vegetarians and IM supervisor a couple of months ago, but I am blown away - sure there are one or two misses on each of them, save Classical Mushroom, but in total I think it is just dandy. I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be our or five seriously good tracks on Vicious too, I just need to get used to the idea... :)

So - without actually saying anything in the above, I think the dudes did great. Greater than most other artists out there.

-A

this kind of discussion is so superfluous...

stop mourning the old days already. pull off your energy of ranting about what the scene has become, and stand up for what you think it should be like. use your powers to promote those that are worth it in your opinion, instead of using all your energy on crying after those two blokes. i mean, for chrissake!

this kind of discussion is so superfluous...

stop mourning the old days already. pull off your energy of ranting about what the scene has become, and stand up for what you think it should be like. use your powers to promote those that are worth it in your opinion, instead of using all your energy on crying after those two blokes. i mean, for chrissake!

:lol:

Yeah, the good old IM is gone, realize it... Look for new ways :)

Man, is Classical Mushroom a piece of psychedelic music or what? I love that shit... thanks to this thread I pulled it out again... it was the first psy cd I bought, ever, and it still totally kicks ass. It's so musical, different, mindwarpingly brilliant. I've seen IM live two times, in 2004 and 2005 and man did they suck balls. Really, I can't understand why people who go to psytrance festivals dig it. I wouldn't call it psychedelic, or trance, and nothing in between either. I mean, it can debated whether IM were ever psytrance, but at least they were good and original. Is it original, the stuff they release nowadays? Is it? I can't see it... Dude, if you want to see a rockshow go see Metallica or something.

I would kill for an oldschool Infected Mushroom liveset.. :)

Man, is Classical Mushroom a piece of psychedelic music or what? I love that shit... thanks to this thread I pulled it out again... it was the first psy cd I bought, ever, and it still totally kicks ass. It's so musical, different, mindwarpingly brilliant. I've seen IM live two times, in 2004 and 2005 and man did they suck balls. Really, I can't understand why people who go to psytrance festivals dig it. I wouldn't call it psychedelic, or trance, and nothing in between either. I mean, it can debated whether IM were ever psytrance, but at least they were good and original. Is it original, the stuff they release nowadays? Is it? I can't see it... Dude, if you want to see a rockshow go see Metallica or something.

I would kill for an oldschool Infected Mushroom liveset.. :)

+1

Stop blaming IM for "evolving". I'm not saying their new stuff is better, but just that more of CM and TG would be recycled shit.

Why not respect them for experiment new stuff (show me one band that gambled so hard on an album so different from typical psytrance like Converting Vegetarians)