Infected Mushroom.

NEMO.BOFH

Okey, so I am listening to some old IM and I am as always truly amazed on how good the stuff is. Call me cheesy, but releases like Classical Mushroom, The Gathering and BP Empire.... are truly fucking amazing albums. So... WHAT went wrong? :) I am not saying they are not good producers (of course I dont like the singing, hes not a good singer...) but the production is still good. Why cant they do something truly amazing again?! :) Or did I grow out of it?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okey, so I am listening to some old IM and I am as always truly amazed on how good the stuff is. Call me cheesy, but releases like Classical Mushroom, The Gathering and BP Empire.... are truly fucking amazing albums. So... WHAT went wrong? :) I am not saying they are not good producers (of course I dont like the singing, hes not a good singer...) but the production is still good. Why cant they do something truly amazing again?! :) Or did I grow out of it?

I would say... THEY grew out of it :P

Do you really think that Lauryn? Or can it not be that they just like what they are doing now, more than they like what they did before? :)

Without knowing them personally, its really quite difficult to say....

I'm just saying its a possibility. :)

it's obvious that they wanted to reach a wider audience... they said it themselves in interviews...

and in the trance scene that means selling out... it means adding god-awful vocals in ur trax for ex...

the pb is they have the talent as u said nemo... and i agree that their first 3 albums were amazing...

however they don't want to push the limit anymore...

i gave up on them after Bp empire... i know they won't make any good music in the future... i just don't see it...

so my advice would be to forget about them, enjoy the old stuff they did, and look for other new good music...

Just a quick thought: Converting Vegetarians was surprisingly good, I think. Remember that when it came out, no one had heard a full disc of psy electronica like disc 2 had. It was impressive, so much so that the trance disc was largely ignored, yet it also had some pretty good music on it that was outshined by the other disc.

You don't buy food with appreciation from some small bunch of people that normally wouldn't even pay for the music they like. Besides, psy trance is boring for quite a while, they just took a direction that they always fantasised about. So you don't like it, and i don't like it as well, but you can't argue with thousands of smiling people everywhere they perform. They have a gig here this weekend and they expect well over 10000 people. Probably much more. You can't beat those numbers

You don't buy food with appreciation from some small bunch of people that normally wouldn't even pay for the music they like. Besides, psy trance is boring for quite a while, they just took a direction that they always fantasised about. So you don't like it, and i don't like it as well, but you can't argue with thousands of smiling people everywhere they perform. They have a gig here this weekend and they expect well over 10000 people. Probably much more. You can't beat those numbers

you are right. but there is plenty of psy out there that is good as well.

Finally a discussion on a forum where you can actually discuss instead of it being:

"me: IM sucks"

"people: you're just jealous because you are not where they are"

"me: wtf? who said that? i just said that the music they make is not my taste, in vast contrast to what they did 8 years ago"

"people: hahahaha you suck"

anyway, IM sucks ass. They made 2 brilliant first albums and then it all went downhill. I don't care why, but like one of my friends told me once - the first 20 seconds of Mush Mushi are better than all of Vicious Delicious together.

Finally a discussion on a forum where you can actually discuss instead of it being:

"me: IM sucks"

"people: you're just jealous because you are not where they are"

"me: wtf? who said that? i just said that the music they make is not my taste, in vast contrast to what they did 8 years ago"

"people: hahahaha you suck"

anyway, IM sucks ass. They made 2 brilliant first albums and then it all went downhill. I don't care why, but like one of my friends told me once - the first 20 seconds of Mush Mushi are better than all of Vicious Delicious together.

you're just jealous because you are not where they are :lol:

Seriously though I don't actually mind IM's recent output (except for the singing :angry:) It's nowhere near their early stuff but a lot of people like it, as Nemo said, I just hope they like it. Nothing is sadder than people making music they don't like just to satisfy other people.

Nothing is sadder than people making music they don't like just to satisfy other people.

I think they actually like it. That's the sad thing. How can your musical taste from complex music to kids' crap. Usually it goes the opposite.

I think they actually like it. That's the sad thing. How can your musical taste from complex music to kids' crap. Usually it goes the opposite.

many artists have this though, they fall into some kind of hole, make something totally "wrong" and then rise with that knowledge like a BOOM! Lets hope that they will BOOM! us really soon though. I can not imagine what the output will be like if they decided to produce an absolute killargh full on psy album... I would prolly wet myself... cum stain style! :D

they dont look like they are enjoying their gigs.. and i am sure duvdevs mom isnt enjoying his singing..

But they probably enjoy the suitcases full of money, the fame, the hookers, the coke etc etc. They are at a stage where they are probably not flying to 5 gigs a weekend anymore. Just one maybe two a weekend.. not uncomfortable i'd say.

Making poppy music can surely still be interesting but i really dont understand the 'out of tune' singing... WHY?

appart from that if they enjoy it.. let them do whatever they want. I have mourned and am over it :lol:

although they should have adopted a different name like psydrop/ hypersonic.

^I am afraid u r right Otto! But I still wanna have the same hope as u Nemo... cus no doubt that Erez has a serious talent hidden behind dudev's vocal...somewhere :P

They have a gig here this weekend and they expect well over 10000 people. Probably much more. You can't beat those numbers

well if its all about numbers then this would be a totally different discussion!? But the reason why they attract so many people is because they are not playing psy-trance anymore ;)

So what? Did they sell out with Merlin too? Just because Vicous Delicous sucks doesn't mean you have to bag out their other albums.

I'm just gonna be controversial and say that album is the better version of the gathering.

Was Merlin an official release?