03. Space Travellers : 07:49

04. From Other Spaces : 08:48

05. Octagon : 09:10

06. Liquid Soul : 08:05

07. Taboo : 08:32

08. Per Aspera ad Astra : 08:40

09. Sunrise : 09:12

10. Pray for Rain : 06:43

After the purple energy vol 2, the great collaboration with omegahertz and few track on compilation, Suntrip (no need to present them here) embodying the coming back to the good vibe from goa trance music, present us the awaited Goasia album, From Outer Spaces, with this nice cover. We couldn't wait christmas smile.gif

Let see ... or listen .. as you wish

01. Intro

Let’s entering here with a short introduction with voice and guitar and some liquid atmosphere, break beat arrangment, something cool to prepare for the travel.

02. Love & Peace

Let’s go with this famous old unreleased track, here is a running inside happyness, the goasia work is back there with melodies and emotion ... the begining is nostalgic and grow slowly in a fat but old school bass and kick and then quickly introduce repetitive melody, remind me the yin and yang old track on purple energy vol2, pretty simple melodies but very enjoying. Pure bliss. The childish track but in good way.

Very good track

03. Space Travellers

Still very melodic but dark backgound in bassline, more intricate sound, good work and building of the idéea there, wich need several listening for integrate. Here we find back the goa environment with dark and inligthed crazyness mixed togheter. Very mature and energic track. Great ! !

04. From Other Spaces

Another great anthem in melodic new school goa, with sweet melodic line perfectly assembly. Fantastic second part of the track, with nice climax ... a real pleasure for ears open smile.gif) Nice work in the emotion and climax side. Very good track

05. Octagon

Here we find something different, with different rythmic element, more energetic and hypnotic.

Maybe the track which own the most complex logic to catch for the first listen but will evolve listening after listening.

Very danceable complex goa, lot of different ideas and nice variation in the sound landscape.

Good good one yeahh.

06. Liquid Soul

Liquid Soul is lighty, energic, and something liquid with bubble everywhere as inside a soda drink. Very nice middle of the track. There we are !!! Goa trance getting your ears, anyone to say the opposite ? no ? thanx smile.gif) I miss word to describe this emotion.

Great track

07. Taboo

Big bass, and good groove here, for something more trippy, and danceable. Very nice and cool track, always multiple napping, lot of sound everywhere, what a deep enjoyment smile.gif The melody developped in the middle of the track (3:50) make me totally crazy, jumping as a mad, and give here the main theme in Taboo, and this one very well relayed with another fluid melody. The structure is nicely elaborate. AMAZING !!! from the first second, to the last. Good for forest exploration and troll adventures. waooo dance4.gif

Very good track

08. Per Aspera ad Astra

Ok, i talked about this one with my friend Job for a long day, and maybe he can write its opinion there, Ok ! Per Aspera is a THE trancey oriented track to the album, trance synthetic line, simple melody, and mixed with some trance voice following the melody. Perceptible and easy, i love it since the first playing smile.gif and more i listen more i love it. Let check to the end, if you don't like this, you don't like trance, and neither goasia touch in the spirit.

Good Track and personnal happyness with it smile.gif

09. Sunrise

Here we have the master showing us what he is able to create in drawing pure emotion in melodies and sound. There, a kind orchestral bring at 4:10 a fantastic melody which perfectly define the morning emotion in goa trance music (this one remind me the talamasca - time simulation main melody), subtle transitions, repetitive, hypnotizing and emotional melodies, a real nostalgic touch in it and brilliant work. dance4.gif

Already a classic for me, and the MASTERPIECE of the album. Climax and fantastic track!!!

10. Pray for Rain

Track to return back to earth, something very atmospheric with nice floating sound in back ground, break beat arrangement and the main theme played with nice female voice singing. Relaxed ambience to cool down the jumping maddness. Wonderfull melody piano playing. This track is growing on me. Very nice track for the soul.

Conclusion

Personnal best track for the moment .. Sunrise, Love and Peace, Taboo, From Other Spaces, Liquid Soul and ... every track !!!

Can't rate this one because of my absolute love for this music .. for me a highlitgh of the year. Don't search any bad track here, there is not, there are all solid, each one have own identity and the whole listening album is light and fantastic thank you!! rolleyes.gif

No more useless word, listen this jewel if you like emotion melodie joyness and complex work with lighty line. Goa is not dead !

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...?artist_id=4656

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd009.html

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3803

http://www.goasia-project.com/

http://www.suntriprecords.com/blog/news.php

Goasia has been around for quite some time now. If my memory stands correct, Balint Tihamer was the founding member, and some of his tracks like "Calypso" and "Devil's Attack" date way back to the days of Y2K. As far as I'm concerned, the noteworthy breakthrough came with 2004 compilation and two amazing tracks: "Ghetto" and "Paranoid". A year later, and the project got a new addition, Vladislav Radulovic. Both of them being acquaint with the old school sound, it wasn't long (2006) before their split album with Omegahrtz, Purple Energy 2, hit the shelves, on the greek based Unicorn Music label. As one thing eventually leads to the other, it was about time they released a proper, full lenghth album. Since nice stuff occurs to those who tend to wait, here it is: From Other Spaces, released on the three feet high and rising label Suntrip Records has arrived, and lets see what it has to offer… The cover art, much talked about and debated is not bad per se, I just find it inferior to the original one, but what can be done now anyways. Looks like, more or less, the typical symmetrical, Matsuri-like inspired cover. Which is not a sin, far from it; you want to pursue the old school, then you gotta do it right, no? That is, until I pick up the CD from the tray, and run into a fish smacked in the middle of the sleeve behind the CD tray. Anybody, care to explain or elaborate the symbolic or metaphoric significance of a fish taking place on a cover of a goa trance album? Whatever, as if the fish can ruin an impatient man's listening experience! But now to our muttons, as it's about time we ventured into the music, as there are high expectations to be met:

#1 Intro- the introductory sequence, so to present it, closes in at a little under three minutes, and it is not really a track on its own. Accompanied with a …spiritualism… meditation… sample, it is more of a break beatish and atmospheric entrée into…

#2 Love & Peace- Where the album really takes off! From the first kick forth you know this belongs in the old school realm. You know, the place where flamedancers, wicked party people, smiles and melody driven tunes dwell all day ey' day! This is some uplifting music for sure, just what it takes to put a rainbow over your head during these moist and obscure autumn afternoons. Not that I want to point fingers and search for the prominent ingredient here, but the kick just has to triumphantly swipe away the rest here!

#3 Space Travellers- how old school can an old school track's name get? Well, "Space Travellers" is on some Prana-esque shiznit, but this voyage in time and space is conducting to some fresh, unexplored dance floors. On the path of the previous number, this is 100% forged to the maximum satisfaction of the dance crwod. Top of the line music for a top of the morning to ya, and if that light hearted melody from 06:00 doesn't do you justice, I don't know what will.

#4 From Other Spaces- Bass in your face, in the words of one Chuck D, and no, I would not settle for anything else. If bassdrums is what you're looking for, then put the compass down, and get your headphones or your dance sneaker on, volume to the max, and get busy! Hands and feet together high in the air, this has got to be the best this album has offered thus far- fast, pumping and peppered with a sprightly melody, this is the Goasia I love! Don't know if I'm right or wrong, but it brings back memories of „Spiritual Connection“, another one of their favorites. Whether or not the break was obligatory, you decide, but on a personal level, I could have made it through without the 30 second interruption of the track's flow. The sample's triviality is arguable, as the amount of resembling ones we've been exposed to throughout the years in beyond countability, but everything they supply us with after the 06:15 mark on my CD player comes across as a skillfully cut 'n' polished 24 carat diamond. Grrrrreat track.

#5 Octagon- "Octagon" brings some erratic melodies, I get the impression of Goasia really playing around and drawing the maximum out of their synths. The kick is toned down in favor of numerous sounds and FX patterns steadily taking turns during the nine minutes the track spans through. Don't misunderstand as there is no random factor in arranging these melodic passages; they compliment each other to quite some effect, while being fluently and reciprocally replaced. The entire track transmits the image of an artist's palette with a wide array of effects and great tones taking turns in rotation, once again suitable for the most demanding dance floor. Halfway through the album, and I've heard nothing less but ace music!

#6 Liquid Soul- More madness from the never ending kingdom of stomping beats, frantic bass lines and unbridled melodies and fast & furios paces! Great stuff from the serbian duo. Just check that breaking point at 02:30 for a sonic explosion. To hell with it, this track is a hydrogen bomb raid during your local summer festival! Well, actually it's an party instigator of the highest order regardless of the season or time of the day. This is thy type of music I'd play when driving through you block, neighbourhood or project housing, trying to impress. No doubt this would leave two thirds of your block for two weeks in a state of mind altering after shock. What a fantastic tune! There isn't a single unstable, or liquid- to what the title may suggest, element here- from the blazing melody, to the above mentioned component parts. This lends itself well to the final countdown, before the DJ launches the party up and far away to Milky Way!

#7 Taboo- By definition, the track's title would mean: seperated, placed or set apart as sacred or profane; forbbiden for general use. I see no other way to lock this one up, except for accusing it of being an arsonist! Burn, party people, burn- and take the by now torched dance podiums with you :) ! Old schhol conveyed in a way to make you drool all over your hi fi equipment. If by now nobody has, let me make it publically known: not dancing to this is taboo. Tucked under their fat belt buckle, it seems like Goasia has yet another one from soon to be sure shot party favorites to pick from. If I had to point out a distinguishable characteristic that makes this music so great, it would just have to be the perfect blend of various constituent elements; you don't ever get the idea Goasia exaggerates or over applies the same formula or sound. Everything is employed just to the limit of making it sound perfect, for whatever purpose you want it to be!

#8 Per Aspera Ad Astra- If I was any more eloquent, maybe I could expand the repertoire of my english terminology, and by not saying in a thousand different ways how good does this album get, I'd have recourse to an overall more extended vocab, maybe making this a more pleasing read for whoever might be reading. For now, all I will say is that the female vocal used in this track, combined with that killer melody, and whatever else your ear sight hopefully will catch on to is just fantastic. I think this is only the second track on this album, after the title number, which is inclined to using samples, but strike me Zeus with a 10,000 volt lightning bolt if they are not used perfectly! Closing in towards the album's final moments, it seems only to get better, better and better…

#9 Sunrise- Here it is, "Sunrise", the most talked about track ever since the samples appeared. It is no surprise either, as this is most probably the most atypical uptempo tune Goasia has crafted up to this present day. No, it's not full-on. But it is a great, somewhat lighter journey to the more emotional side of trance music. Well, you might find that kind of a corny way to put it, but I find these, should I say soulful excursions beyond the surface of music very rare today, and when they are attmepted, they seldom sound right. Most of today's allegedly touching and soothing music from my viewpoint stands as shallow as a frying pan filled with water, if that made any sense. „Sunrise“ is an honestly beautuful track, which means it's way more than just dance orientated, pumping kicks and cool bassdrums tricks and treats. While it contains all of that, just for the record, it has that extra touch, that one bonus point extra you very oftern give up getting or hearing on a lot of modern releases. They pulled it off: it certainly is very old schoolish, but why complain? If making it old school was the best way to reach out and touch the masses, why not do it? A wonderful and gorgeous journey into a state of trance, which will hopefully stand the test of time and inspire many future generations and artists alike. It is way to early to call it Goasia's magnum opus, but as of now, it is right up there, near the swift summits of the sea

#10 Pray For Rain- I won't stop and describe the last, downtempo stop on this album, because "Pray For Rain" is an older track, I think around two years ago was the time I first heard it. Not by any means is it a bad one, I was just surprised ever since initially getting familiar with the tracklist that Goasia would not produce a brand new track for a brand new album. So, for newbies, I doubt you will find much to rant about, and as for us who've been around for a while, take this as a chance to regenerate the subject-matter, so to speak. A slower, vocal inspired and led outroductory track, well deserved after around seventy minutes of action packed goa trance. Well done Goasia!

Overall, Goasia does deliver. I hardly think there is anything I left out whilst reviewing the tracks, and if I did, it was not done on purpose- I most probably got carried away by the music. You will understand once this gem of an album finds its way into your CD player. This is goa trance done the proper way. I see no way a dance crowd not being driven into a frenzy with this type of music. Likewise, I hardly see anybody not getting at least half an hour of top notch quality home listening time! How this stands compared to other Suntrip Records releases? Well enough, would be my verdict. Not as climatic and overdone as Filteria's albums, not as eastern inspired as Khetza'l debut album and not as scando mental alienation inducing stuff courtesy of Ka-Sol! But, if you've ever heard Goasia, you should have an idea of what to expect. If you are looking for some really steady flowing, friendly on the ears, simultaneously driving and pumping music, as far as the year 2007 goes, this is not likely to get out matched. Highly recommended, especially to and for… Everyone!!!

Dance or die!

Your french pardoned :D upd: ok, he just edited his post and I will edit my with a review in a week

OK, we've had 'Albums of the Year' here at psynews... looks like I'm going to start the 'Album of the last decade' thread.

Yes!! I fully agree with this

with Kindzadza - Waves From Inner Space for the winner!

That is, until I pick up the CD from the tray, and run into a fish smacked in the middle of the sleeve behind the CD tray. Anybody, care to explain or elaborate the symbolic or metaphoric significance of a fish taking place on a cover of a goa trance album? Whatever, as if the fish can ruin an impatient man's listening experience!

its the babel fish! show some respect ! :P

transferring emotions through sound right from your ears :)

This one is a winner! When I listen to most albums, they are easy to categorize; not so with this album. I can't quite figure this one out, and that's a good thing. It's obviously being marketed to the psychedelic/Goa crowd; but I'm not even sure for me this album is what I'd call uber-psychedelic; it's just damn great trance!

What this album does very wonderfully is re-create in a very modern way what I consider the zenith of the mainstream trance movement around 1996 - 1999 when some of Tiesto's first Majik series and Armin's early Tranceparence albums came out and the trance genre as a whole had a lot of integrity and quality. I do not place this music in the same category, but comparatively it has enduring quality that will make it stand the test of time.

What makes this album so stand out for me is that it accomplishes what I hoped for in Pleiadians - 7Sisters but was dismally disppointed - a cohesive blend of full-on and Goa elements that work together instead of being in discord. Most of the so-called melodic full-on albums being marketed disappoint because although they contain elements of both, they do not work in combination and when you listen hear two distinctly separate and discordant elements in the same track.

Goasia has blended these elements perfectly. A perfect example is the first track following the intro. I still get shivers when I listen to how the melodic elements work so perfectly with the rolling bass line in a way that I always hoped for but have not heard before. If trance continues to evolve in this direction then I'm in for the long haul!

I used to take E, and when listening to this album for the first time I realized that this music is made for that type of head space whether chemically induced or not - that incredible care-free space where it's just you, the music and with joyous abandon you dance the night away lost in your own dream space.

Not bad album considering nowadays standards for newschool goatrance :)

yeah i read your feeling about suntrip, and i think this release have something emotional like the old goa anthem had before, then i tought about you :D

yeah i read your feeling about suntrip, and i think this release have something emotional like the old goa anthem had before, then i tought about you :D

Yes, 1 track

I also wrote about it once...

I think it's liquid soul or octagon, cant remember know which one of those 2.

Anyways one of them has strong incluences from Chi-ad and Astral Projection. Perhabs thats why i pretty like it.

I'm wondering if anyone else besides me notice that... :posford:

PS: Few weeks ago from "Promotional section"

6 Liquid Soul 08:04 (2 minutes short sample)

Remind me a lot of "astral projection - enlightened evolution" in the beggining, especialy between 8-10th second heheh and at the end of chi-ad - animatrix at around 1:40 :)

Not bad, ha ? :)

Do you also feel it ?

Now when i can hear the whole track it goes like that

Chi-AD thingie starts at 4:18....the animatrix melody

• 2 weeks later...

GOASIA - FROM OTHER SPACES

SUNTRIP RECORDS

01. Intro : 02:50

02. Love & Peace : 08:19

03. Space Travellers : 07:49

04. From Other Spaces : 08:48

05. Octagon : 09:10

06. Liquid Soul : 08:05

07. Taboo : 08:32

08. Per Aspera ad Astra : 08:40

09. Sunrise : 09:12

10. Pray for Rain : 06:43

Goasia is one of the most talented new-school Goa-Trance artists. His style is the Eastern-Indian traveling Goa-Trance sound. Unlike maximal, high octane artists like Filteria, Goasia creates octane too, all the while being categorized in the more nature, earth meets space sound of Khetzal. Time and again I didn't feel that this artist got the explosure or album he deserved. After numerous compilations, often consisting of at least one or several good and/or great tracks by Goasia, my wonderment grew as to when this creative artist would release his debut. I became even more passionate and interested in Goasia after hearing the "Purple Energy Vol. 2" compilation than I had been after purchasing the first Pure Planet compilation in 2004. However getting a main album release from this artist felt like forever. While I didn't like the collaboration on PE2 because of the other artist sharing half the track spaces, the PE2 comp confirmed that Goasia was indeed one of the best new-school artist's in Goa-Trance. And now without further ado...

01. Intro is a good opening. It's very calm, lush, ethereal, and floating. Sounds of water drops incorporated into a stream of female-esque notes illuminate the slow, magical pond of sounds as it connects into a far greater body of water. This is a Goa-influenced ambient piece. The spiritual and mediation samples are appropriate. The song is very short but well placed to the source from where the journey will begin. B

02. Love & Peace doesn't take long to pick up. This is the first real Goa-Trance song on the album. The anticipation has only grown amongst Goa circles and those familiar with Goasia. The song develops with many strong melodies, which strengthen its support as it progresses. An interlude in the middle is effective as the music returns with more energy. At 4:02 is a wonderful moment as a leading melody paves the path forward. A second interlude simply fronts a thankful re-enactment to the previous event, the driving energy. This is a great dance piece. I like it when artists remove layers and introduce new sounds and melodies so the song doesn't feel repetitive. This is a most present feature of this song, which even introduces an Egyptian or Indian tune in the last third. The overall flow and music transforms into an entirely different yet connected stream of thought. The interlude concept is incorporated into this new melody structure. Overall I'm not blown away by this song; it is however very good, if not great. It's very well pieced together; its melodies are solid and catchy. However both they and the song is less psychedelic and infectious overall than what is surely to come. B

03. Space Travellers sounds very different than the previous number. The energy is stronger. Skipping melodic sounds are present. I love the skipping, alterated melodies or whatever that is from 2:58 to around 3:55. The music is filled with rippling (skipping) effects and a thick rhythm, both psychedelic and storming. While the previous number felt closer to the ground, like flying over Earth landscapes, this track takes its presence to space and the stars. It's more dynamic than the previous song too. Included is atmospheric and climactic tunes that never lift the song too high. In a sense they keep the traveling feel in control, this vehicle, while giving the traveling listener a sense of freedom without getting lost. Many artists would use the concept and theme here to create a climactic, Full On sound across the galaxies. However this artist has taken an unexpected direction. During the last third of the song, it seems like war or darkness has been avoided. The sun has come out or salvation has been reached. In theory it may sound cheesy but in execution it's beautiful. The whole space-ship-Goa-number has somehow reached the heavens or a celestial region in space from what began as a wonderful, hyper-speed leap through the cosmos. This is a song that starts strong and literally gets better as it progresses. I would love to hear more imaginative, artistic, and infectious numbers in the future by Goasia like this one. A-

04. From Other Spaces gradually builds into an emotive anthem of sounds; the melodies are warm and colorful. The beginning ignition at 1:08 is great. Like the previous number, this track really develops style and substance as it progresses. An example is a very catchy melody, introduced around 4:26. I really like the addition at 4:26 and how it changes the song, now brought together with fresh melodies. As the capsule moves forward it becomes more alive, specifically with a gentle tune around the 5:30 mark. The sounds collect themselves and ignite like a missile at around 6:20. As the track takes off, more crisp, tasty sounds are incorporated into the mix. I really like this song and find it visually space traveling like some of Astral Projections classic work. The intermission is beautiful, like a traveler or visitor looking over the untouched-by-man land. From around 6:22 and beyond is one of the greatest parts of the album. This song starts off good and, for the most part, keeps on getting better. My gripe is that the musical section from 6:20 to 7:10 is excellent, enchanting, and beautiful. I wish the artist further developed and highlighted that into the final seconds of the song because what's present feels so short. Nonetheless the song never ditches its great tune or direction entirely. This is a strong ride. I actually think it's on par with the last number, or very close. B+

05. Octagon instantly sounds different than previous songs. The opening voice could be a great new concept for the frogs of those memorable Budweiser commercials, all chanting together. It's very catchy and unexpected, adding aggression and drive to an album that has lacked having more adrenaline pumping moments, songs so far. One of my favorite things about this artist is his ability to capture unexpected sound elements and creatively incorporate them into quality Goa songs. An unexpectedly catchy melody appears at 2:40 that I initially overlooked. Also present is emphasis on the kick drum about halfway through. This track is generally "harder" than the others due to the emphasis on the kick drum. I like the removal of the kick emphasis at 6:12; it's a good element not overdone. Also at 6:12 gives the song another opportunity to regroup its energy and change its approach in capturing the listener. At around 6:50 begins a sound similar to that of a basketball, playing off the kick drum individually. These are cool ideas but the previous several songs seem to have invested more grip and development to hold my attention as the numbers progressed. THe middle third or so here is a bit dry and repetitive and lacks healthy evolution. The artist missed a chance here to bring back the frog voices or create something else catchy that stood out). A fresh melody variation takes place around 7:44. The combinations are nice throughout. Even an accentuation of sounds toward the very end compliments. These melodies are good. But not as infectious as what I've heard so far. Overall this is a solid track with a promising opening and enough good ideas to keep it entertaining throughout. For instance, the melody accentuation at 8:49 works well. More psychedelic alterations with the melodies would have been great earlier on in the song, such as when it didn't seem to know where to go in the middle third to some degree. Fortunately, the thumping "basket ball" is a catchy and provides some polish to a less strong piece in comparison to the previous two numbers at least. B

06. Liquid Soul seems more Astral Projection influenced than any of the songs here so far. Its melodies come fast; they're psychedelic and streaming. An interlude in the middle nearly gives the listener time to catch his or her breath. This is a very catchy number, and I’m much more impressed with it than the previous track. I simply find it’s skipping melodies, ambient, along with other various sounds (plane taking off, birds chirping?) more complimentary to the bigger picture. A strong burst of energy takes place at 5:52 and in combination to the melody work here, it’s more or less great. I love how the sound deepens around 6:57. It’s smart choices and attention to detail that can make or break any song. This artist has made many smart choices with this number. It isn’t what I consider excellent and it does get a bit repetitive here and there. But it's very well done overall, if playing a bit too close to the shallow end of the pool. Take a chance now and then! Nice work nonetheless. B+

07. Taboo has a quiet opening. It's more traveling than the general Full On Goa sound. The melodies flow together in harmony, that is, until they break away at 3:45. This track reminds me of something new-school Goa act Ethereal would do in concept, in that the waves of sounds generally stay close to the core band. In the Etheral [artist] concept, the song generally develops a thick band without the individualized layers breaking too far away from the main structure like waves in a stream or ocean. Everything flows like liquid. While such a song may appear less attention grabbing because it doesn't have a bright consistent lead that screams in your face, the thick, harmonic, Goa sound often works surprisingly well at times in inducing trance states. Naturally this is a more flowing, fluid, traveling dance track than that of a high speed, more aggressive (tracks 3 and 4) track. It's good for shutting the eyes to and fading away. B

08. Per Aspera ad Astra is a faster vehicle than the previous number. I like the voice work introduced in the first third. They don't last too long anyway and the galaxy of sounds appear to be more filled wit beauty than before. It's an interesting track but not as capturing as some of the previous number so far. Around 5:55 takes place an interest sound which compliments the space travel. However it's the intermission at 6:22 that is very interesting. Initially the returning voices from the first third return and sound a little too explosed. However the 7:00 mark sedates my suspecian with a smart change and aspect. The track improves as it progresses, especially past this peaceful trainsition in the middle. Thisis a pretty good song. B

09. Sunrise is umm.. WOW. Just... Can we get more tracks on this level please? :) This is one of the absolute best [if not the best] 2007 Goatrance song of the year. Naturally this is a track I'd include in my resume if I was the artist behind Goasia. It's beautiful! This song really takes off for the heavens like an angel. The melodies and other various sounds create such an uplifting, beautiful feeling, sensation. The song is very emotive, powerful in a freely soaring, free spirited way. This is my favorite track on the album. Sunrise is a gorgeous gem. It's excellent. And it may just be a new-school Goa classic. How can a melody so simple be so effective, and raise what seems merely good in the first several minutes to something on another level? This song shows, no matter how simple, how just one sound, creatively put to use by a passionate artist, can turn a storm into one the prettiest sunrises ever. Sunrise is one of the most attractive new school Goa songs I have ever heard in my life. Awesome work Goasia. A-

10. Pray for Rain is an Ambient flavored Downtempo track. While I often expect a chill track to end the Goa album, I wasn't expecting something this unique and evocative. The combination of vocal work without singing as well the ambient notes and melodies is very effective. I really like how the beat picks up around 1:24 and espeically how the song continues until around 1:53. The end of the first third involves a New Agey, World, and Ethnic influenced intermission or interlude. It's very pretty, floating. The piano work is really nice. The hardest part for me upon hearing this track initially was the female vocal hymns at 3:53. Soon after a male voce follows the womans hymns and I thought to myself: "Holy shit this artist has lost his marbles." But the effect is all very gentle and harmless anyway. While I may have decided to not take the choice to include vocal work here, I'd find it too subjective to subtract from the score. Aside from that and as someone mentioned above, it would have been cool if an entirely new, exclusive Goasia final number was released here, but I never heard Pray for Rain so it doesn't really apply to me. Nonetheless this track does seem a bit off theme from the rest of the album. And that's a pretty accurate observation I believe. But it is what it is. This song is defintely different from anything I've heard before. It's very warm and peaceful. I like it. B

In Conclusion, From Outer Space by Goasia includes some of the most strong and/or solid Goa-Trance songs I've heard all year. For those who enjoyed Khetzal’s Corolle, a winning album from 2005, the sound here follows the general Eastern-Indian category, through the creative, stylish mind of Goasia. The amount of solid Goa songs on this album is impressive. None are close to being average or below. Tracks 3, 4, and 9 stand out to me the most when making a great or excellent impression. Maybe I’ve just heard so many wonderful albums and tracks from Suntrip Records and Goasia respectfully over the years, that I've become somewhat desensitized when it comes to what I consider great in New-School Goa. However I'm still pretty aware when it comes to Goa listening, as many of you here are too. From Other Spaces comes up a few super songs short of being what I consider a superb album. Nonetheless, this is one of the best Psy/Goa abums of 2007. The artist puts his spin on the flying through the cosmos, other worlds concept to some degree. The result often lands in the realm of greatness. While I would have loved to see more stunning, amazing sights and galaxies (this album lacks intensity and aggression at times), the trip is loaded with cool, fun, often gripping, and sometimes gorgeous soundscapes. Basically this is a good if not great album with a handful of great tracks and moments, several that are superb. One cannot honestly say such positive things about most releases now days. :)

Favorite Tracks - 1, 3, 4, 6, 9.

B+

Samples

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd009.html

http://www.suntriprecords.com/blog/news.php

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6900

I think my life aspiration will be to get reviewed by Jon Cocco one day. ;) Great review and describes perfectly whats going on in the album, my personal review is on par, with the exception of Octagon, its one of my favorite tracks from the album - like a fresh breath of air interms of how it sounds and how that track chooses to progress. I definately pick up on the groovy vibes with the lead melody starting at 2:40, which is carried very well throughout the rest of the track.

I got this album, listened it a few times through.

Well, I think it lacks depth. Not enough details, that juicy fx trickery, "octagon" takes a slightly better route for giving melodies some push with a stuttered effect on top. Often I feel the tracks keep on going with the same, unimpressive, melody-line for even a minute or more. I think I heard this album before I actually did. It brings nothing new on the table.

I've heard artists using similar soundscapes with better results, years ago.

"sunrise" is the highlight here. it's slightly more trancey and for once the melody is quite kick-ass. the ambient outro isn't bad either.

7/10 for me, xmas gift for my friend. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although it seems like I'm in minority here, I have to say I'm disappointed with it.

When it was announced, based on the samples I thought it could be new Khetzal. But it isn't...

The music is very much influenced by Dimension 5, which in itself is not a bad thing of course. But what counts is, how will you use that inspiration. I think the album lacks emotional depth & musical expertise. It is skilfully produced, with enough variation between the tracks and nice old-school sounding patches and all but it all sounds so polished & round-edged; I'd gladly hear some more aggressive sounds, distortion & acidy screams... Furthermore, at times it is very repetitive.

When he manages to create a nice sounding loop, he'll repeat it to the verge of being boring. True, there are some great moments here, especially in Space Travellers (the ending, when it changes the mood), From Other Spaces (nice atmosphere, great idea with the delayed/shuffled melody), Octagon (more psytrance than goa, hence more focused on sounds & textures) and Liquid Soul (repetitive, but it works here thanks to the tweaks, more aggressive approach and clever arrangement).

There are some interesting melodies, but he doesn't seem to be able to keep the quality or fluency (the feeling that the melodies are consistent, that they evolve rather than are glued together) long enough, like in Love & Peace (first half is very promising, especially after 2:12, then it gets noodly and uninspired) or Sunrise (this time second half is wonderful, but the track is ruined by the off-tune notes entering at 2:13). I don't like Taboo and Per Aspera Ad Astra at all for their forced hindu/arabic influences. It particularly works bad for the latter - the singing is awful IMO.

Still, it is a good album, but not as good as I expected it to - Khetzal's position as the best Suntrip release remains safe.

Worth getting if you're into new old-school, pretty forgettable otherwise.

3/5

• 8 months later...

I've heard the album a couple more times recently. Goasia has good intros and buildups and I like that.

Several songs are a bit too tame and predictable however. These include the middle third of Octagon (I don't mean to be nit picky but it starts out so strong), Liquid Soul (nice melodies but I've heard this all before[/i], Taboo, and Per Aspera Ad Astra. To some degree I feel like these songs are like an innocent child afraid to explore further away from the shallow (more secure, predictable) end of the swimming pool. But they all have elements that are well done. I like the ethnic voices in Per Aspera because they stand out from other tracks. Musically however it's decent, nothing great. The song seldom seems to develop or evolve into a more catchy piece as it progresses with some very small (6:50-7:10) exceptions.

However starting with the beginning, the Intro is very warm and attractive and front some wonderful work. Space Travellers, From Other Spaces, and Sunrise are great and/or all more or less excellent. These three songs I enjoy listening to so much from beginning to end, again and again *repeat.* Though I may be a bit delusional with Sunrise because the first half is clearly not as gripping as the second, which is beautiful.. Anyway, I'd love to hear more songs on this level and beyond.

The last song is pleasant too. I really like sustained sounds and the first several minutes, the downtempo direction. But the voices and the overall song and sound in Pray For Rain seems just a bit out of place for the closing track on such a traveling Goa album. The song does not seem to correlate well with the story, the previous songs before it. I would have (and I think numerous agree) loved a more powerful downtempo/ambient Goa track to end such an otherwise cool and unique album than what we have here, which is very nice sounding. I most enjoy the first several minutes, especially from around 1:15 to around 1:50 and I suppose the overall direction with the voice male/female hymn's seemed a bit awkward in closing to everything I've heard before it. But I do like the song. I think he could have just ended the song with a more powerful, downtempo track.

In short, I still like this album, though I was expecting a little more from Goasia based on a handful of previous songs. Nonetheless, some of the artist's best songs are on this album. None are bad or average either. I'd love to hear more songs like the best ones.

My favorite track on the album is Space Travellers because it is gripping and intriguing from beginning to end. There is so much going on in it. The second or so half of Sunrise, which is my other most favorite track here, is super. But the first half isn't as infectious as it is in Space Travellers. This artist should seriously consider making an amazing follow up to From Other Spaces and going all out. This album is filled with quality songs.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I readed some bad comments after the picture of the psychedelic fish under the CD tray of that CD a bit everywhere.

As I got a bit irritated by these comments, I decided to post the original cover I did and that THE ARTIST didn't liked.

That's why I had to change for the fish, lol he liked ....so here is the story!

Posted Image