Traditional music of your country

Ormion

mmhhh, best belgian artists are not "traditional".

But we have some funny traditional artists though.

Every gig they do is topcomedy. (although they are serious and think they can sing)

(he's 76 i thnk, got some serious issues, acts like a movie star, thinks he's elvis or something, sings the most ridiculous songs, but the crowd loves him, everywhere he goes, not because he's a good artist, but the "WTF-effect" as i like to call it)

"WTF-effect":

is he serious? nah, it's it's a joke.

no he's serious, nah, can't be!

OMG WTF BBQ he's for real and serious :blink:

i'm scared...

CHANGAI AMAI AMAI!!!

Eh?

Beatles?

Pink Floyd?

Rolling Stones?

Led Zeppelin?

Massive Attack?

Oasis?

Blur?

Pulp?

The Clash?

The Libertines?

Dude, seriously. Think before you speak.

Dude, seriously. I'll just start with the first one on your list and say Elvis. No Elvis, no Beatles. You can look the rest of 'em up. Next time, don't take an innocent thread and mangle it with Nationalism. ;)

Whilst some nations/cultures create certain types of music better than others, I don't think there's, for want of a better term, a musical champion nation.

Right Said Charlie.

Dude, seriously. I'll just start with the first one on your list and say Elvis. No Elvis, no Beatles. You can look the rest of 'em up. Next time, don't take an innocent thread and mangle it with Nationalism. ;)

Right Said Charlie.

:lol: Baahahaha. This thread kind of "asks" the responses to be somewhat "nationalist" dont you think Otter?

As for your comment about Beatles being "second-hand" because they were inspired by Elvis, then your entire Nation is invalid, because you were influenced by cavemen, and we all know they started in Africa.

:lol: Baahahaha. This thread kind of "asks" the responses to be somewhat "nationalist" dont you think Otter?

As for your comment about Beatles being "second-hand" because they were inspired by Elvis, then your entire Nation is invalid, because you were influenced by cavemen, and we all know they started in Africa.

:lol: I hear ya.

Back on track. Traditional music of one's respective countries...

You'd have to put America and UK up there though...

Oh, definately. American/British music is easily my favourite but if I was a jazz lover I might favour French music, German music if I was a classical nut, African music if I loved my harmonies, and so on.

Real traditional austrian music is something I quite dislike.

But there's a cool and innovative duo who mix traditional austrian music elements with modern sounds: ATTWENGER. I'm a really big fan of them because they like to play around with sounds and language in a good way. Add an edge of left wing political vibe and weed smoke and you have a full concert hall with everything from punks to hippies in the audience who all dance to the same humppa beat :)

ATTWENGER!

listen to that stuff, these boys can make really cool music B)

http://www.myspace.com/attwenger