crop_circles_-_tetrahedron-(unreleased_album)-dat-1997-angel

draeke

First of all i was shocked to see this release floating as mp3s but after downloading and checking it i found out how terrible it is.
None of the tracks are in good quality, and after checking them out here is what i found out:

01 Crop Circles - Lunar Civilisation (Pleiadians Remix) 10:48
Terrible quality, circulated on p2p forever, it has missing sounds; the volume level is really low, it has noises, it's not mastered, and came from a minidisc a french dude ripped back in 98 and floated since then in 128 kb/sec xing enconded quality.

02 Crop Circles - Antonomasia (Lotus Omega Remix) 09:37
this comes from the same source, that famous minidisc, bad quality indeed but not as terrible as lunar though which is reeeealy tragic

03 Crop Circles - Duffy Duck (On The Comet) 09:53
same story as above

04 Crop Circles - Pentagon 09:04
seems ok

05 Crop Circles - Classic Process (Hale-Bopp) 09:13
minidisc rip

06 Crop Circles - Full Mental Jackpot (Etnica Remix) 09:23
fake track, it is just a vynil rip speeded up, not the real track

07 Crop Circles - No More Signals (Incomplete) 05:54
this is lotus omega - killer joke and in terrible quality and half of the track

A terrible release that was an attempt in releasing the mythical album that a year afterward I managed to get released with DAT Records.

I thought I could edit a bit the original post.

Edited by draeke

maybe you should upload the full quality files to correct this cruel injustice then :)

ehhe, no i won't but u may ask maurizio, maybe he can help :)

The french dude who ripped the minidisc back in 99 (not 98) is me.

I met a guy in Clermond-Ferrand, center of France, who was a relative of DJ Mael/Nomad and who had had this MD from him.

I had no time, decent mp3s encoders didn't even exist, I ripped how I could. Then I made the mistake of putting it on some ftp where I was used to sharing tracks.

This is for the little story.

This "Angel" release, however is indeed lame, and I have nothign to do with it.

HOWEVER it's worth noticing the guy who did that job knows the actual tracklist and order that's on the real thing, that magic DAT so many have been dreaming of.....

Maybe it's worth searching these forums to have more infos about that subject hmmm :ph34r:

The french dude who ripped the minidisc back in 99 (not 98) is me.

I met a guy in Clermond-Ferrand, center of France, who was a relative of DJ Mael/Nomad and who had had this MD from him.

I had no time, decent mp3s encoders didn't even exist, I ripped how I could. Then I made the mistake of putting it on some ftp where I was used to sharing tracks.

This is for the little story.

This "Angel" release, however is indeed lame, and I have nothign to do with it.

HOWEVER it's worth noticing the guy who did that job knows the actual tracklist and order that's on the real thing, that magic DAT so many have been dreaming of.....

Maybe it's worth searching these forums to have more infos about that subject hmmm :ph34r:

Haha, you are so busted Mars! Well, thanks for sharing the music though and I do agree about the quality back then. I'm happy with flac these days personally. woot!

Anyways, funny how that works. It just so happened to be MARS on those two tracks ;>

-d

Haha, you are so busted Mars! Well, thanks for sharing the music though and I do agree about the quality back then. I'm happy with flac these days personally. woot!

Anyways, funny how that works. It just so happened to be MARS on those two tracks ;>

-d

i did know it was you mars but i didnt want to tell, by the way the guys in the nfo file posted as url the discogs page i compiled some time ago of the DAT tracklist so basically they took my tracklist, searched tracks arond and created a virtual release to be shared around ftps and such. to asnwer technosomy angel is a mp3 crew. if u download mp3s u always notice the files are tagged by a crew name, most famous being gEm. MYCEL, PsyCZ and the similars.. there are tons!

hope it helps to clarify ehe

i did know it was you mars but i didnt want to tell, by the way the guys in the nfo file posted as url the discogs page i compiled some time ago of the DAT tracklist so basically they took my tracklist, searched tracks arond and created a virtual release to be shared around ftps and such. to asnwer technosomy angel is a mp3 crew. if u download mp3s u always notice the files are tagged by a crew name, most famous being gEm. MYCEL, PsyCZ and the similars.. there are tons!

hope it helps to clarify ehe

thanks wouldn't know as i don't do them

but thanks for clearing that up

So, mmm... quality mp3 encoders exist now, there's also popular lossless codec FLAC :rolleyes:

Maurizio said he will call back tomorrow morning and also asked people here to stop calling him :clapping:

angel is a no good shit mp3 group.

which are good then? :)

Ummm... the proper Crop Circles tracks and more are on Limewire, for free. One would just have to try several times and be patient, that's all. They pop up time and again, the authentic tracks.

Ummm... the proper Crop Circles tracks and more are on Limewire, for free. One would just have to try several times and be patient, that's all. They pop up time and again, the authentic tracks.

Yeah, true... This one stopped being the ultimately rare collectors item some years ago... There is stuff out there far more rare and hard to get I would just LOVE to own, but have never seen anywhere... :rolleyes:

Anyways, until "Tetrahedron" does not get a proper CD release it heavily deserves, it is going to stay as simple yellow folder on my monitor: nothing more, nothing less. Which ultimately is a shame, since there are some fine tracks on this one.

The authentic, unreleased "Crop Circles - Tetrahedron" album is an amazing piece of work. In a sense this IS the closest thing you will ever get to a real sequel to I.F.O... Not Family of Light. the style is closer to I.F.O. in Tetrahedron than F.O.L. with few exception. There are moments, parts, and tracks where Crop Circles seems to top or at least be on par with the elaborate mixing complexity and stunningly intricate melody designs of I.F.O.

I read that this album would have released in 1998 if the label didn't go bankrupt (Wikipedia). Has anyone ever considered posting a real review to the authentic masterpiece in the review section?

The authentic, unreleased "Crop Circles - Tetrahedron" album is an amazing piece of work. In a sense this IS the closest thing you will ever get to a real sequel to I.F.O... Not Family of Light. the style is closer to I.F.O. in Tetrahedron than F.O.L. with few exception. There are moments, parts, and tracks where Crop Circles seems to top or at least be on par with the elaborate mixing complexity and stunningly intricate melody designs of I.F.O.

I read that this album would have released in 1998 if the label didn't go bankrupt (Wikipedia). Has anyone ever considered posting a real review to the authentic masterpiece in the review section?

we would if we could get hold of the real dat version and not the shitty devil version