Trouble open refill

Hello there!

Great forum. 6 years ago I read every review with old school goa records and used audiogalaxy.com to listen it thru.

However, yesterday I tried reason4 and I have a feeling in getting into music making again. But one of my refill files can't be opened. I try with the samplers, but all I find is lots of directories which are empty. Is it the samplers I must use to open it, or can I extract the file somehow?

Thanks

Carl

Hello there!

Great forum. 6 years ago I read every review with old school goa records and used audiogalaxy.com to listen it thru.

However, yesterday I tried reason4 and I have a feeling in getting into music making again. But one of my refill files can't be opened. I try with the samplers, but all I find is lots of directories which are empty. Is it the samplers I must use to open it, or can I extract the file somehow?

Thanks

Carl

Hello Carl.

Older refills should be compatible with Reason 4. Maybe the reason why you see empty directories is that your refill contains samples files and not patches for Reason samplers. Try opening that refill with the "load sample" option instead of the "load patch" option. If you still see nothing, your refill file is probably corrupt, because all of my older refills work well with reason 4.

There's a free program called refill viewer that let you extract a file from a refill, but I can't give a link to it because I read once that it's an illegal program. It s shouldn't be too hard to find though ;)

To conclude, I'll simply say that Reason 4 rules !!!! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Refill viewer is meant mainly to extract stuff.

Propellerheads probably pays companies to only make refills (so stuff can only be used with reason) however refill viewer lets you extract them making propellerheads lose market.

Pretty simple really

I tried it but then I realised I liked reason better then fruity loops anyway...