Goasia - From Other Spaces

jivamukti

A solid release of melodic newschool goa with a distinct Goasia touch. The style is a bit on the smoother side of goa (definitely not as in your face as Filteria or even Dimension 5's Transdimensional, for example), but still driving - as it should be. The tracks are satisfactorily varied. Very tasty (analog?) basses in Taboo and Per Aspera ad Astra. Sunrise's melodies remind me of oldschool trance (not goa). No complaints about the technical side of things as far as I can tell on my headphones; the sound is fat and balanced.

On the minus side the intro track was unnecessary padding (it's not like Love & Peace started fullon) and I don't care much for the final downbeat track either. The vocal sample in From Other Spaces was a cheesy cliché.

Favourites: Love & Peace, Octagon and Per Aspera ad Astra

8/10

8. It would be nice that whenever someone opens a new thread for a review they start with the full album stats (pic of the cover, track names, label, release date, etc.).

If this wasn't the opening review, it would have been left there i assume... so Jivamukti, copy paste your review once someone started a new thread with all the information :)

ps: Anoebis under his gf account here, sorry

Omg Goasia released a main album??! Someone please start up a real review threat. This is something I've wondered about (if Goasia would indeed release a fresh, debut album) for years!

CELEBRATION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

:):huh::lol: :posford: :rolleyes: :drama: :clapping: ;):)

Samples!!!!!!!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6900

omg omg what planet are you from, dude? :blink:

Omg are you being sarcastic? I didn't know they had sarcasm in your country too. :D:P

No I'm just being sarcastic. I'm actually from Platunego (procounced Pla-tune-Go) about 8 light years away. But we like to think we're from the Adromeda galaxy because of, you know, Pleiadians. ;)

Actually I had no idea the date on this. I haven't been here too often in the last several months. It was actually the "Younger Brother" and "Eat Static" albums that initiated my return after purchasing them, to write reviews. For that matter I thought Talpa and Transwave (new-school) were releasing their new albums this year too, but I've heard not dates on those yet either.

Anyway back to topic, I heard the samples for the GOASIA debut album on saikosounds and I think it sounds great, at times awesome. It will be going out in my next order.

Wow, it's like the 20th time I listen to "Per Aspera Ad Astra" sample in a row... The first 1:15 minute make my heart just goes out my rib cage. For those who've heard the whole track: is this melody appearing in the rest of the track?

I'm going to buy this album only for this track :lol:

But Love&Piece, From Other Spaces and Liquid Soul sound excellent also!

Yes the main melody come back to zee end too, with kind of vocal trance sound mixed with it, i love this track, but; every track too.

Wow, it's like the 20th time I listen to "Per Aspera Ad Astra" sample in a row... The first 1:15 minute make my heart just goes out my rib cage. For those who've heard the whole track: is this melody appearing in the rest of the track?

I'm going to buy this album only for this track :lol:

But Love&Piece, From Other Spaces and Liquid Soul sound excellent also!