can music change your life?

abasio

I'm sure it can!

Music affects the people you meet who affect your choices in life.

Because of Psy I traveled all over the world remembering very little of it.

Now I'm in Japan which I would never have done if I hadn't traveled which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't been into Psy!

Has music changed your life?

How?

Is this the right section?

I'm sure it can!

Music affects the people you meet who affect your choices in life.

Because of Psy I traveled all over the world remembering very little of it.

Now I'm in Japan which I would never have done if I hadn't traveled which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't been into Psy!

Has music changed your life?

How?

Is this the right section?

Sure is the right section:

General Forum : Psytrance News and discussions ONLY.

- Rules above apply

- Albums chat

- Artists chat

- Labels chat

- Your last dance under the sun

- Your thoughts about psytrance

- Art related to psytrance

And yeah, psy trance/trance/chill/electronica in general has made me see a lot of things, not only physical travelling, but also mental travelling :) Making music on the other hand has REALLY changed me. Its like escaping to perfect land for a while. Music has always been around in my life, my mother always had music on, there was NO MOMENT when there was no music in the house when I was little. She would play Kraftwerk, Bob Marley, Linton Kwesi and a lot other music that I to this day love very dearly.

Electronica is a language that everyone should speak... the world would be a better place :D

Few things change my life LIKE music, except for maybe a good book or a good friendship. I love when the right music comes along at just the right time and totally transforms my existence. And creating music can have the same transforming experience (usually better, if it's going well). There's a very good reason, I think, why a philosopher like Schopenhauer would hold music-makers in such high esteem. They create enigma and profundity out of virtual nothingness.

yes it can, but just like drugs or any other influences we all experience growing up in this world it hard to determinate how big the influences is...

exactly... ;)

I hear goa/psychedelic for almost 10 years but never felt much different in my personality or life...

drugs however, despite my very short experience with, have changed my life by much far ;):rolleyes:

yes it can, but just like drugs or any other influences we all experience growing up in this world it hard to determinate how big the influences is...

hard to determine the influence on other people... we are all diffrent, right? :)

exactly... ;)

I hear goa/psychedelic for almost 10 years but never felt much different in my personality or life...

drugs however, despite my very short experience with, have changed my life by much far ;):rolleyes:

My life did not change much after drugs and it sure has not influenced me as much as goa/psy/electronica has. so I guess we are all different after all :D:rolleyes:

I love when the right music comes along at just the right time and totally transforms my existence.

+1

I guess it depends on the person. I know many people who only listen to music to go out 'clubbing' to, only own a few CDs and generally dont consider music a big part of their life. For other people (like me and just about everyone on this board :)) music is a big part of who we are, how we act and what we like to do with our time, what kind of friends we make (i'd say about 70-80% of my friends have similar music tastes to me) etc etc.

So yeah i'd definately say music can change lives, it's certainly changed mine :)

I wouldn't say it changed my life, it shaped my life. I am a heavy music listener and have been since the 80s, I have a piece of music corresponding to pretty much every feeling and every memory. If I want to re-experience something to an extent all it takes is a CD in the player. It is like a time machine of sorts. Music has always been there for me it's hard to separate life from it. Music and life have always been in perfect symbiosis.

it changed my life dramatically... :) But in a good way...

At 15 I was kind of weird, normal parties didn't interest me... I listened to normal trance, but the atmosphere of discos, being cool parties etc was the total opposite of me... naaah, actually I must have looked like a shy nerd back then... :) All my friends going out, I always saying "naah... I will stay home reading a book"

Untill I discovered goa... :) I still remember the first party as yesterday (in 98), I went there alone, and it was the best decission of my life... :) This was thé music and thé atmosphere I wanted... Without even knowing it! This was my dream coming true! :)

Since that moment I had a way to release my hyperkinetic feelings, a way to heal myself a way to show my own personal enjoyment of life to people (via djing), and it gave me the mental freedom I like so much now :) I still feel that adrenaline rushing through my vains while hearing a good track... the next 2 hours this means a big smile and happy happy all around! :) But also on bad moments it was my supporter! :)

I can not really describe what more it did with me, but it made me, it formed me as who I am now...

Take away the music (and my gf) and my life becomes useless!

Psy music did not make me change my life. And that's actually the good thing: it did make me not change my life :)

Meaning that I did not change my life into the life of one of those generic "others" out there - I don't want to bitch about society again, but you get the concept. It's through the psychedelic music that I have kept my free, freaky, different state of mind, you know. I mean, sure I developed, education, studies and such ... but there is now a general undertone to this all, one that makes me see things different than the rest of the world and that would not be there without psy so to say. And always when I hear the sarcastic and (in a way) hopeless statements of some other people I am fucking glad that I am not like them.

Just recently I have thought about what would be if we were still in the middle ages ... and well, I tell you, if we were there I'd already have gotten crazy and would already be dead because they burned me on a pile of wood...

So ... psy music changed my life by not changing it. And so it influenced it a pretty damn big time!

It can't change but can progress, modify, transform. Without music, life would generally be deadly boring, with same problems that you need to solve. With music, even unsolved problems are solved during those moments, of listening. Everything seem less chaotic, makes more sense. Music ruleZ ! :posford:

Without music, life would generally be deadly boring, with same problems that you need to solve. With music, even unsolved problems are solved during those moments, of listening. Everything seem less chaotic, makes more sense. Music ruleZ ! :posford:

Amen to that :posford:

It can't change but can progress, modify, transform. Without music, life would generally be deadly boring, with same problems that you need to solve. With music, even unsolved problems are solved during those moments, of listening. Everything seem less chaotic, makes more sense. Music ruleZ ! :posford:

Yes it does!

My GF said she could live without music, I stared at her blankly gaping! I couldn't fathom the thought. Life without music?

No Tunes, no theme tunes on the telly, no BGM in a movie. Imagine watching a horror movie I said with no ambience brought by the horror sound track. She just didn't get it! Still her disinterest in music means it's always my choice :D

off course music changes you.

THat's even a bit a retorical question imo... :unsure:

I would even say that hearing is the most important and influential sense, more influential then seeing, touching, taste or smell.

Sound is the only sense that has a direct impact on the brainwaves.

Brainwaves are rythmical, your whole body is rythmical.

So rythmical sound can influence your brainwaves cause they react to external rythmic patterns and try to synchronise with it.

I would even say that hearing is the most important and influential sense, more influential then seeing, touching, taste or smell.

Sound is the only sense that has a direct impact on the brainwaves.

Brainwaves are rythmical, your whole body is rythmical.

So rythmical sound can influence your brainwaves cause they react to external rythmic patterns and try to synchronise with it.

You are way off here, we are predominantly visual animals. Take away our vision and we most likely won't survive, we probably will without hearing.

The whole sound has direct impact on the brainwaves and synchronizes the brain is also just another unproven theory very popular with new agers (for obvious reasons).

This doesn't change the fact that music is the best thing ever :)

For me only few things can change my life, msuic, mountains and really skinny girls. but ofcourse, psytrance changed my life, without psytrance I feel bad, if I don´t listen any goa in a month I would feel bad. The music keeps me ina kind of atmosphere, kind of shiled which makes the reality look better. Without psytrance you find out how tough and bad life aktualy is. And not only that, I associate tracks with memories of my brain. I can better remember a specific moment if I listen to the music wich I listened arround those days. Psytrance is a very strong memorytrigger IMO. It surely did change my life.

PSY & GOA changed my life, its saved me from the horrible turn normal trance has taken over the last few years. Singing commercial BS! >_<

Its good on a little day to day basis. Like yesterday I was working late night, tired and annoyed I sat in my car with Chi-A.D. - Exit Eternity. That put me into a lighter mood and gave me the energy to finish the night.