Which Hardware Synthesizer comes closest to Vanguard?

Hi there :)

I don't know anything about the Vanguard, but why do you want something like it, only in a hardware box? Why not look for something completely different, instead of spending lots of money, on something that only provides the same possibilites, but with more cables and less flexibility? I am just curius - I am madly into hardware myself :)

- A

I abandoned Vanguard cause my doesnt support midi learn function..

Friend says his does. Does yours?

I still wanna use it cause it has awesome sound but I cant control it so..

There is no build in midi learn function, but i can connect vangaurd by using the midi control of the software sequencer.

I don't know which software you are using, but there is always a way to control a VST by midi, even if the VST doesn't have an build in midi learn function.

I used vangaurd in cubase and Fruity and in both i could link vangaurd to midi hardware.

I liked vangaurd alot too, but i think it's a bit outdated now. or maybe i overused it.

better vst's took it's place as most used VST. (Rob papen's predator *drool* )

@ reznik:

don't try to find a synth that sounds like vanguard, cause honestly, it's sound is good, but the sound of modern hardware synths is waaaaaaaay better.

If i had the money right now i would buy a Nord lead G2 modular. I had the chance to test it for about 2 hours and fell in love instantly.

It's a modular synth, so you can program your own virtual modules on PC, upload them to the synth and start freestylin on your own patches.

This synth would also come closest to the vanguard, cause if you had the time and passion for it, you could actually reverse engineer the sound of vanguard on your computer and upload it to the G2.

but be aware, i know you're allready drooling now. THis is geek stuff, if you don't feel like completely dedicating yourself to this baby it's a complete waste of money. You'll have to live, sleep and breath with it before you discover it's full potential. Cause it's very complicated. IF this synth would be completely hardware, you'd need a house to store it, but luckely, we're living in 2007 and you can now store it under your bed.

here's a pic if you feel like mastrubating now:

Posted Image

and here's a pic of the software where you can make modules you can upload to the G2

Posted Image

It's an expensive piece of equipment, but if you buy it, you don't buy one synth imo.

if you ever feel like buying it, jsut buy the rack version and a decent midi controller instead of the G2midi version. the midi version is very expensive and too big.

the rack version is about half the price and really small for what it can do.

rack G2+midi controller does the same as G2 midi

once you heard the sound of a G2 you'll laugh at vangaurd.

Vanguard ownz :D I must have like a thousand unique presets for it, i'm so addicted to it hehe :P. I don't know what would be the hardware clone of it, but the only way of using it "stand alone" as far as i know would be using MuseResearch Receptor and a midi keyboard attached to it that has some knobs and sliders. Altho that could be an expensive solution.

@ reznik:

don't try to find a synth that sounds like vanguard, cause honestly, it's sound is good, but the sound of modern hardware synths is waaaaaaaay better.

If i had the money right now i would buy a Nord lead G2 modular.

Word word word :) I have been looking to get the G2 as well.

Access Virus TI can do all that vanguard can & much much more! Also you can use it just like a normal vsti, so no midi & audio cables all you need is a usb connection. Otherwise clavia synths are nice if you don't mind using them the 'old fashioned' way.