A little game me and my girlfriend play

Lu Bu

Yeap so if your like me your parnter doesnt like goa. kelly loves chill but she cant stand the INSE INSE INSE INSE

So i made up this idea.. a cup and we write ten things we want from each other on them and take a pull every week. I happened to put she gets behind the decks and mixes up a goa session for me, and she happened to put no goa for 24 hours. Thats going to be hell.

Anyways what do you do to try and get your partner into goa if they arent?

making her tracks and mixes are out.. tried to many times :P

Please let me know what to do if you find out :)

hehehehehehe i know.. she said shes willing to get high with me so that might be my avenue.. oh she will like a box of brownies more then me.. im thinking the brownies will prevail.

Yeap so if your like me your parnter doesnt like goa. kelly loves chill but she cant stand the INSE INSE INSE INSE

So i made up this idea.. a cup and we write ten things we want from each other on them and take a pull every week. I happened to put she gets behind the decks and mixes up a goa session for me, and she happened to put no goa for 24 hours. Thats going to be hell.

Suffice to say lol

Well considering my wife tends to like reggae, We make an agreement that if I listen to her music, then she will listen to mine. So I have to suffer through the garbage, It's still better than listening to hiphop, but I would still prefer not to hear it at all. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to. She is however coming around more and more. It just takes time ;)

hehehehehehe i know.. she said shes willing to get high with me so that might be my avenue.. oh she will like a box of brownies more then me.. im thinking the brownies will prevail.

I allready tried that with mine... And without luck :(

But hey... Maybe it will work for you, who knows?

good luck with gettin your chick converted :)

Sometimes when we drive long distance, I put some CDs with progressive trance. He finds the music allright for a while, but then he feels like it's too much and switches to radio.

We already both like house music, so I won't try to get him to like anything else.

Well considering my wife tends to like reggae, We make an agreement that if I listen to her music, then she will listen to mine. So I have to suffer through the garbage, It's still better than listening to hiphop, but I would still prefer not to hear it at all. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to. She is however coming around more and more. It just takes time ;)

Won't she like Goan ambient? Surely you have the perfect compromise!

P.S. I quite like reggae... not as much as ambient but it's still pretty good so might be a bit biest in this situation.

If you really want to convert someone to goa, I suggest a blotter and Hallucinogen: Twisted.

I have actually never known any female who really liked or was interested in goatrance. The girls I know in the scene are more into the modern stuff and care less about goa. I've wondered if this truly is quite general, and then why it is so.

I still hope to one day meet a girl who love it as I do.

Despite introducing psy all my partners, I've never had a single one who enjoyed it. But far from bothering me, I've always liked it being something that, in a relationship, only I enjoyed. My wife, in particular, hated psy, I mean really hated it, she was a hippy chick into folk music, knitting scarfs, pressing dried flowers, pottery, all that hippy stuff and whenever I belted psy through the stereo she'd get really depressed, sit down and churn out a load of morbid poetry. :lol: Happy days... :rolleyes:

Despite introducing psy all my partners, I've never had a single one who enjoyed it. But far from bothering me, I've always liked it being something that, in a relationship, only I enjoyed. My wife, in particular, hated psy, I mean really hated it, she was a hippy chick into folk music, knitting scarfs, pressing dried flowers, pottery, all that hippy stuff and whenever I belted psy through the stereo she'd get really depressed, sit down and churn out a load of morbid poetry. :lol: Happy days... :rolleyes:

:lol: Sorry about that Charlie. I can totally relate.

I was lucky in a couple of my relationships. One girl, a very cool girl, I invited to a Juno Reactor gig early in our relationship. Before we went I played some JR stuff for. She seemed to get it. And at the show she danced like mad the entire time. She described it as "primal."

Another one, whom I dated for much longer, could take my electronic stuff in fairly large doses, but at some point would be totally honest with me and say, "Okay, I've had enough. Let's listen to something else." I think having been exposed to some industrial stuff before I came along helped a lot.

And then there was Angela, a totally bitchin' hippie chick, who loved the music I listened to, and my favorite thing was to get high with her and listen to stuff, with beer, candles and incense, DJed by me, LOUD in our own headphones, deep into the night - of course with long breaks and conversation, etc. But she still ultimately preferred her own girl-power hippy stuff (which I also thought was cool) over my boy-power stuff. Totally respectable. Total cat girl, open-minded, independent.

And then there was Erin, who was very much involved with the whole psychedelic trance thing, but way more into the social and image aspects than the music. Which was very annoying.

My lesson learned from all that is that the more chemistry you have, the more you're willing to share, and bond with, each other's music.

honestly, if i would have a girlfriend that listens to psy 24/7 i would go crazy and kill myself.

actually, my girl is more into commercial trance like airbase, cygnus X and System F.

I must admit it's easy listening music.

But she never listens to it at home and only has a few trance CD's.

My current choice of music is 40 % goatrance & 60 % old skool trance/dream trance, so we're a perfect match.

Luckely she hates tiesto, if she ever starts liking his music i will break up. If she doesn't i'll marry her.

So on a certain day in the future i'll go down on my knee and ask her:

"sweetie, i have to ask you something....."

- yes.????????

"do you like tiesto???"

-FOR GOD SAKE, NO NO NO, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU!!!!

"ok, that's all i need to know"

:lol:

I once took her to a goatrance party and she absolutely loved it. Best party she had been too.

So she doesn't mind if i play a goatrance CD.

Then a few months later we went to a darkpsy/full-on festival and she hated it.

I can't blame her, cause i hated it too.

She called dark psy "emo/loser music" and was really puzzled why i would even consider going to such parties.

She called fullon stupid and annoying (she only heard Dj Jorg) :lol:

She said she was afraid that in time, i would start dying my hair black and use white make-up.

She also said the party was filled with zombie's and the druggies scared her, everybody felt introvert and lonely while at the parties she went to, she said, everybody was shouting, jumping with the hands in the air.

She also said she couldn't stop thinking this music could make people psychotic, depressed and insane.

I replied she had alot of insight for a newcommer and we were just there because there wasn't anything better available.

I don't think we'll ever go to a dark psy party again. :rolleyes:

It's weird we rarely go to parties together, while we both love electronic music.

She often goes to big commercial parties with all her friends(all girls), always trance. White sensation & other ID&T parties.

She likes it big & expensive. I like it small & cheap.

They once asked me to come to one of those ID&T parties, but i had to decorate a party that day.

And honestly, when i was at the party the only thing i could feel was regret.

I couldn't stop thinking about jumping in my car and go to the big trance party all psypeople hate.

I reflected the entire night, and realised i didn't fit in between the people standing in front of me, i really felt alienated that night.

Maybe it was because i knew 5 girls were going crazy on the best sound system of the country while i was trying to figure out in the dark how i could reattach a backdrop to the ceiling that kept falling down. sometimes i'm a blind idiot....

Next time my girl and her friends go to a party, i'm going too!!!

So in the end, i tried to learn my girl to appreciate goatrance, but she countered it and learned me to appreciate trance :lol: didn't see that one coming...

I even made a trance song for her:

clicky (aquanomaly -medusa)

Whenever I am with girl that doesn't like trance or electronic music in general I play her Plastikman first. All those seductive, psychedelic ambience meows get at them, then I switch to some early Speedy J, while he was still making trance, slowly developing towards old school trance like Earth Nation, Cygnus X, Art of Trance. Girls gets easily hooked when you play them something melodic and sophisticated. I would never want to convert some girl into psy unless she wants to cause that music is only for certain states of mind. Old school Goa Trance is the next level if she gets hooked onto previous stuff. :D

Whenever I am with girl that doesn't like trance or electronic music in general I play her Plastikman first. All those seductive, psychedelic ambience meows get at them, then I switch to some early Speedy J, while he was still making trance, slowly developing towards old school trance like Earth Nation, Cygnus X, Art of Trance. Girls gets easily hooked when you play them something melodic and sophisticated. I would never want to convert some girl into psy unless she wants to cause that music is only for certain states of mind. Old school Goa Trance is the next level if she gets hooked onto previous stuff. :D

no doubt i got an old way out west mix disc called e-scension

that should build the framework

I got my ex into Goa and Psy through psychedelic drugs which she was keen on trying. So to begin with she was interested in inner/outer-self exploration which psy and goa music is about too, so that was an easy one. But the only track that did it for her like a lot was Chi-AD - BioCandy. A track I love myself. At one pint in our relationship she said to me, "tell me about it when you find a track that has a climax and amazing melody like BioCandy". Hehe. Which I never found. She never really expressed much about psy and goa, except for that one track, but she always liked it at some hidden level.

I can give you two tips though, for starts never play a genre too much for a girl. If she first dislikes it and you continue to play it a lot you will only re-enforce her hatred towards it.

And as for my second advice... after she's had that little pause from Goa... play her Chi-AD - BioCandy... its an explosive party track and has that chick-touch to it... melodically sophisticated like someone here said.

And if you're gonna smoke her out... get high with her... play some soft goa... or some Ace Ventura, maybe a soft mix that goes from Progressive softly over to goa. Go easy :drama:

There would be no way I could date a girl who didn't listen to the same music as I did.

Even if she was fantastic in Every other way?

Listening to Psy might really limit your choices here :ph34r:

still... in my case, she would have to listen to goa for at least some hours a day.... dunno if most ppl could handle that

no compromises on that level :P

need at least 2 hours of goa a day , to function normally hehe ^.^ [ideally 6 hours or more ^^]