303 Softsynth Comparison

nemo please program a decent 303 MIDI loop (so we all use the same notes), then i render it with Tau and Phoscyon.

you do the same with any 303 emo you have.

i do all in PTN mode, I dont have a midi loop of that.

dont you think this comparison is a good idea? you could progam a loop in no time, and even better, send me an ableton live project file ;)

no.

i dont.

i dont want to right now.

maybe tomorrow.

phocyradi sucks.

:D

I will get 303 vst in couple of days and friend says it's really good.. Im really looking forward to it since I have stopped to work with rebirth and am in need of some good 303 emu.. Can you make a list of some good 303 emu-s?

Audio Realism Bassline ;) all you need really.. if you liked rebirth you will really like this one since its much more close the sound of the real 303.

I will get 303 vst in couple of days and friend says it's really good.. Im really looking forward to it since I have stopped to work with rebirth and am in need of some good 303 emu.. Can you make a list of some good 303 emu-s?

best ones: muon tau pro, audiorealism bassline 2, phoscyon.

I've got Audiorealism ABL2. It's pretty good and was a good replacement for ReBirth when I couldn't use that anymore (and sounds better), there's still some differences in what I can get with what I hear in songs. Mostly when you push the resonance up into self-oscillation; it just seems more fuzzy than screechy like I want.

Thanks guys, Im downloading phosycon demo now.. It seems good and also that neopheton vst that d16 group has.. I mean it has recomendations from richie hawtin.. I will chech audiorealism bassline later and I got tau already.. But one things that bothers me is that phosycon is demo so can one of u help me out with that :-D If yes contact me privately and send some numbers.. Or exe files.. :-P I have bunch of vst in exchange..

I think that 303 emu my friend talked about is phosycon but im not sure still..

I too love the sound of a 303.

But unlike most of you, I'm not really interested in having the exact same sound, but rather get something that has the same "acid feeling". And that's very easy to get : any synth with the right settings(cutoff, reasonance, and distortion) can do it I think.

But when I want the closest sound to a 303 I simply use ReBirth, and it sounds close enough to me.

And if you disagree, you're a crazy fetishist. :D

After little mesing with phosycon and trying audiorealism bassline I can claim that phosycon is best 303 I heard till now.. Audiorealism is good and looks even better but the sound isnt as close as phosycon.. Great tool, I sure gona use it plenty..

Is phosycon easy to assign controlls to? like just right click?

If it is, I'm getting it. :)

But when I want the closest sound to a 303 I simply use ReBirth, and it sounds close enough to me.

And if you disagree, you're a crazy fetishist. :D

i'm with you, McKoy

does anyone else have problems with Rebirth's gain when rewired into Ableton?

Forget about ReBirth and go and get Phosycon.. I already made a track with it and its awesome.. Its called Black acid :lol:

Really, Rebirth doesnt have a chance.. And controls are easy too set up..

Get it and start jammin, hook some stereo expander on it and hold tight :posford:

Drew, of course you have problems with rewireing, I also had problems with rewirering to cubase, simply cause it sucks..

And also I cant open one great track of mine anymore cause of Rebirth :angry:

Drew, of course you have problems with rewireing, I also had problems with rewirering to cubase, simply cause it sucks..

It's always worked very well for me, Rewiring Reason in to SX. The last track we did like this had over 50 Rewire channels active, as I recall.

Maybe it isnt the rewireing, maybe its rebirth and`or reason itself.. But in any case I cant do remix of my track nor I can decently master it cause it wont open, and its second best track on my last album.. You dont know how much that frustrated me.. And I always tend to loose sample when rewireing reason.. Its really easier to work now only in cubase, no TAB shifting between programs, I dont need two LCDs anymore.. Its much more creative.. I only used reason as a drum sequencer and sampler and rebirth for acid and now I have far better VSTs to use and work only in cubase.. Its a great step for me, but small step for mankind :lol:

Forget about ReBirth and go and get Phosycon.. I already made a track with it and its awesome.. Its called Black acid :lol:

Really, Rebirth doesnt have a chance.. And controls are easy too set up..

Get it and start jammin, hook some stereo expander on it and hold tight :posford:

And also I cant open one great track of mine anymore cause of Rebirth :angry:

I just checked the demo and couldn't figure out how to assign knobs to Edirol knobs.

Sounds good, looks good too, but this is a sticker.

I just checked the demo and couldn't figure out how to assign knobs to Edirol knobs.

Sounds good, looks good too, but this is a sticker.

My bad man, my bad.. I will have to go through the manual again cause neither can I control it with my bitstream.. I donts see the MIDI learn button.. But accent can be regulated with velocity above 100 and slide can be also modified in similar way.. Anyway even without MIDI learn its great tool.. But that acid lines would sound better with a little modulation..

ACCENT

Accent Decay 20

Accent Link Mode 21

Env Accent 22

Accent Volume 23

Reso Link Mode 24

Sweep Time 25

DISTORTION

On/Off 40

Preamp 41

Clip 42

Size 43