After 10 years... I finally know what is the best goa track ever! :)

Anoebis

Alright so this thread has given me a lot of thought, and I took a lot of the suggestions & mixed them with my personal taste came up with this.

Maybe a good compilation would look like this?? Please critique. Starts off fast, smooths out in the middle, & the end is IMO the weaker part. Maybe I could have chosen better there. hm.. Had to throw in second NDMA track in homage to Anoebis.

Slinky Wizard - Supernatural 8:36

MFG (Asia 2001) - Magnetic Activity (Remix) 8:48

MFG - To Eternity 8:46

Pleiadians - Modulation 16:50

NDMA - Vitan 10:07

Slinky Wizard - Slinky Wizard 8:45

MIcronesia - Shakta & Moonweed 7:40

Chi-A.D. - Exit Eternity 10:54

Transwave - Arsonik 6:28

Man With No Name - Teleport 5:53

UX - Master Of The Universe 9:49

NDMA - The Answer 10:03

Substitute Magnetic activity with the Overload Rmx? I couldn't decide on that one. There were so many good suggestions that I would have liked to use but getting them to flow together was tough...

Good thread Anoebis!! .. gave me a lot of ideas..

just reading this now... I must say that I'm a bit puzzled on exactly why this track out of all the great goatrance tracks made during the years would be considered THE best? :blink: I could easily think of AT LEAST 20 tracks that are by far better classics than this one. But anyway, I guess you just can't argue about taste...

• 1 year later...

You can't just pick a number one, it's too crazy because Hallucinogen's LSD and Pleiadians Maia just look winners to me (for example).

• 1 year later...

I fully agree with you Anoebis, but I actually have another 2 tracks that fit the 1st place in the same vein :

PLEIADIANS - MAIA and ASTRAL PROJECTION - KABALAH. Those 3 are for me The Best Goa Track(s) ever. Posted Image

Kabalah is indeet pretty respectable, wow what a track.

There's so many on the same level, but if I have to choose one, it's always going to be Pleiadians - Maia.

No other track is so near absolute perfection as that is. The composition is wondrous. The icing on the cake is the fact that the intro is just simple acid that eventually evolves into a massive entity of sounds, melodies, atmospheres that launch the listener to places they've never been to.

I seriously would love to step into the collective mind of the creators of the track back when they were making it. How is it even possible to create something like Maia? I just don't understand.

And the same people also brought us all of the incredible journeys found in Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles discographies. Intense Visitation, Tribute, Celaeno...

Just thinking about the achievements of these people. There were many others who did incredible things, but to me this group is absolutely special, they were the one's who really perfected the sci-fi/alien/other world sound. Many of their tracks are aural movies.

I wonder if they still have that brilliance in them, tucked away, somewhere...

Man this got a little out of hand, I guess whenever I sit down and think about it, it just blows my mind again and again.

This is a great thread - reminding me and encouraging me to re-visit some very special music. Obviously it's near impossible to choose a BEST but all the tunes (that i know) on this thread are CLASS.

Micronesia, Magnetic Activity and The Key get my vote. Couple more for consideration:

Juno Reactor - Feel The Universe (Koxbox remix)

Psychopod - Dreampod

Mesmerizing!

I don't think there is the best goa track, there is no single track that is the best.

Obviously radi. When people make such threads they are talking about the track thats best for them, generally speaking,

I have to say I can't name one single track as the best. Similar to radi I guess. There are just too many great tracks and I have a hard time picking just one single album. Let alone one track...

Anyway, I can't remember having heard the track Aenobis posted so I will check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDW_HWPr4AU

Most people are gonna diss this track for not being properly produced or not being true goa, but to me this track IS the best goa trance track ever made, despite the horrible production and whacky selling tactics from the producer himself.