After 10 years... I finally know what is the best goa track ever! :)

Anoebis

• 5 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting this post, these are imho one of the best goa tracks ever:
Etnica - Vimana
Pleiadians - Maia
Astral Projection - Soundform
Astral Projection - Searching for UFO's
Cosmosis - Howling at the Moon
Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization
Prana - Alien Pets
S.U.N. Project - Space Dwarfs
Man With No Name - Teleport

5 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

@Anoebis im interested to see if N.D.M.A has stood the test of time? 

Thanks for resurrecting this post actually. 

Interesting: still top 5 :) I want to hear it on my burial... Just as Aes Dana vs Asura - Elie :D 

But probably the live in Athens Vimana Remix is now my ultimate nr 1 :D 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2012 at 8:50 PM, Klas said:

Holymen - The last universe (end all rmx)

I was browsing again this nice topic :) from the hundreds of epic goa tracks ever produced, there was really someone picking this track :D OMG no word. I was actually trying to listen to all tracks posted in this thread, special mention for Crop Circles - Pentagon, a track I missed for some reason.

By the way, taste can change really a lot in a 10 years span, one of my top 5 tracks before was Chi-A.D.- Exit eternity and now I find myself bored when listening to it :( 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Manuser said:

By the way, taste can change really a lot in a 10 years span, one of my top 5 tracks before was Chi-A.D.- Exit eternity and now I find myself bored when listening to it :( 

Exactly! This is why I don't even bother pretending to select "the best" (or create those types of lists).
Something that might hit the spot and move me at one moment in time or for one emotion might be the exact worst song for another mood.
The music I want to listen to while driving home at 5am is regularly different than the music I want to listen to at 4pm while heading out to meet up with people.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 5:36 AM, the goa constrictor said:

This thread is impossibly hilarious
I'm not even gonna claim The Best, as there isn't one, but one that I feel doesn't get as much appreciation as it should is:

Satori "Razor"

satori razor is incredible, in fact the compilation Trancentral 4 which it was on, is a must have (ps. i thought the track was called Sirius - Satori Razor)

It's a hard question! Could there be #1...? 

I'm inclined to say, however, that it's Ubar Tmar's 'I'm Shocked (Live Mix)' which is unreleased. You will find a shorter edited version of it on youtube that's around 9 mins long.... however, the real length for this track is more than 10 minutes. I couldn't believe my ears when 'Early Fusion' was released on Zion604 and had the original mix of this track on it - so average! Maybe even boring if I may address myself honestly here. How could the live mix be so much better? But it is. 

I've had talks with Draeke and maybe, if the stars are in right position, we could release the live mix soon as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/30/2007 at 7:35 PM, Anoebis said:

Ok... it's very untipical for me to start such a topic... but I know it for sure now... After 10 years of goa listening I had many favourites... Many of them faded away, also many of them are still good when I hear them now... but only 1 track managed to give me goosebumps over and over and over again... Even after year and years and years... So oficially I know have thé ultimate favourite goa track, and that is:

N.D.M.A. - Vitan!

Don't forget to play it loud on a crystal clear sound system or you miss half of the fun... But then... A gateway straight to heaven... if I die, this should be played on my burial! :)

Thanks to your post I checked this out and do indeed enjoy the synth-driven morning vibes...but that annoying clacky snare never stops: it's mixed too upfront as well, so it just sounds like that annoying fella on the dancefloor who won't stop shaking his plastic clapper thing about.

Mix that clicky clacky snare in softer, then take it away completely for the lush synthpad sections, so we can focus on the trance.

My own top 3 would be:

1.  Shaolin Wooden Men - Remember the Slime

2.  Soluna - Dancing Spirit  (original)

3.  Tandu - Alien Pump

zero weak spots :P

edit:  Psychaos - Chaos to Order and Juno Reactor's Feel the Universe are incredible yet I don't really count them as part of the old-school goa sound, more like psychedelic industrial techno, tho' at some point we start splitting genre hairs...Remember the Slime could be proto-forest psy rather than old-school goa and Dancing Spirit more hi-nrg trance rave :lol:

• 3 years later...

My personal No.1 from the deepest of heart. It is more like a Trance track than a Goatrance Track.

It lies alone in one playlist from the day I fell in love with Goa trance, and yet I haven't found anyone to be with it in the same playlist.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:44 PM, RoOm604 said:

My personal No.1 from the deepest of heart. It is more like a Trance track than a Goatrance Track.

It lies alone in one playlist from the day I fell in love with Goa trance, and yet I haven't found anyone to be with it in the same playlist.

That's a great track. First time I've heard it.

It's weird, when I think of all my favorite tracks, every one of them has something in it that annoys me. None of them are perfect. Like people, I guess.

Here would be my #1 of all-time, although many tracks come close:

• 2 weeks later...