Hmm... I think I've heard that before

Ormion

This is a thread about similarities in different tracks. And I don't mean similar styles but similar melodies or sounds, effects etc.

Of course I mean from different artists and not the same one! For example Osom have use some similar sounds in many of their tracks and IM have use an identical melody in both Spaniard and Symphonatic.

I mean different tracks from different artists.

For example:

Space Cat & Elysium-Funky main melody is similar to AP-Dancing Galaxy (EP said it's not a rip off but it still sounds similar).

Nystagmus-Never Turn Your Back the melody at 05:47 is similar to the final melody of IM-Bust A Move.

There's more I remember the later.

Do you know any?

hmm, i dont remember, but there was one etnicas track that had sound+melody similar to some other goa artists, could be screaming butterfly and electric universe beggining sound - online information

i dont, perhaps im messing something here, or just it seemed similar at first when i noticed it, anyway, i dont remember, it might be that those were other tracks, i do remember there was one having similar melody to etnica's, but cant find it here cause i know ive mentioned it before <_<

Hehe, I was planning to make a thread like this a long time ago... :D

There is one thing that strikes me everytime: it's when I hear Pleiadians - Taygeta at around 7:25, there is this little melody and I ALWAYS think about Hallucinogen - LSD when I hear it. Don't you think it's a little bit similar?

There is one thing that strikes me everytime: it's when I hear Pleiadians - Taygeta at around 7:25, there is this little melody and I ALWAYS think about Hallucinogen - LSD when I hear it. Don't you think it's a little bit similar?

there is something there... never though of that before actually :unsure:

Solano's Innovation off of Dusty Nation 3 has a melody that sounds exactly like half of a lead in one of Lish's tracks from Free Fall.

But you old school fans would like something more interesting than that... so let me turn you on to this curious synchronicity: SFX's Allah Acbar (1992) and Kraftwerk - The Robots. No, really, try it out. :ph34r:

• 1 year later...

hmm, i dont remember, but there was one etnicas track that had sound+melody similar to some other goa artists, could be screaming butterfly and electric universe beggining sound - online information

i dont, perhaps im messing something here, or just it seemed similar at first when i noticed it, anyway, i dont remember, it might be that those were other tracks, i do remember there was one having similar melody to etnica's, but cant find it here cause i know ive mentioned it before <_<

OK, today it stroke me like a furious lightning storm: Tandu - Visually Distorted's melody at the end sounds ALOT like Etnica - Trip Tonite! Does anybody else feels like it?...

And also, the (amazing I must say) track Tandu - The System has a melodic climax which resembles alot of Transwave - Cycles Of Life. Yes?

Realistically, there's only so many melodies one can create in any given tonal system, so it shouldn't be strange that people may come up with similar melodies. Especially within the same genre of music. I was playing guitar once and came up with a chord progression I thought was pretty nice. I jammed on it a while, but eventually I realized it was "Glycerine" by Bush, so I put down the guitar and walked away.

Hehe, I was planning to make a thread like this a long time ago... :D

ummm no...

But you old school fans would like something more interesting than that... so let me turn you on to this curious synchronicity: SFX's Allah Acbar (1992) and Kraftwerk - The Robots. No, really, try it out. :ph34r:

I tried it out and it didn't really strike me... could you tell me exactly which part of Allah Acbar reminds you of which part of Robots?

Realistically, there's only so many melodies one can create in any given tonal system, so it shouldn't be strange that people may come up with similar melodies. Especially within the same genre of music. I was playing guitar once and came up with a chord progression I thought was pretty nice. I jammed on it a while, but eventually I realized it was "Glycerine" by Bush, so I put down the guitar and walked away.

Aw man that's just sad. You never picked up the guitar again? :P

Huh? Maybe you mean the 'feel' of that synth line? Other then that I hear no similarity at all, totally different tracks:

&

• 2 weeks later...

You're spamming on the General, and for the second time in the tread. Therefore, banned for one month.

You're banning him for spamming over a year ago? Having already banned him for spamming more recently? Weak, Mars.

• 1 month later...

i think you've never heard before that i would like to throw doodoo at you

somebody threw doodoo at obama! :lol:

domestic - perception trasher (96-98 somewhere) & echotek - forever nights (2006)

also

masaray - time traveller (1995 or what?) & psygasus - the sea is dying (2006-7 something)

vaguely similar

• 4 weeks later...