Hmm... I think I've heard that before

Ormion

*bump*

Nystagmus-Never Turn Your Back the melody at 05:47 is similar to the final melody of IM-Bust A Move.

The whole Nystagmus is like a weird remake of two first IM albums. 04. Take You're Messed Up and guess which one it imitates.

People often use the word rip-off which in term is in a negative box. I like imitations in tracks a lot when they happen cleverly in a respectful sense. Sometimes it can feel magical and logical for the communication between music.

oooooooops :lol:

I'm here for info

and after all that is what it's all about :posford: (good track by Hyperion) and does remind me of the first astrix album to stay on topic :P

off topic I didn't mind, general must be clean and is so much better now...

damn u snitch!

On Topic, quite a lot of similarity in melody between The Infinity Project - Telepathy and a Miranda track from her album ( don't remember the title and I have lost most of my psy/goa )

EDIT#: the Miranda track is Steps to The Stars (i am 95,6% sure) . The melody is more than similar, almost identical.

One that got me recently, though the songs weren't quite as similar as I initially expected, was Distant System's 'Gravitational Vortices' from Spiral Empire vs. Filteria's 'Back To Earth' from the Sundrops compilation. Not exactly similar, as I noted, but a very similar vibe, and I could stand to hear 100 more like them before I thought it was enough. Very very well done spacey vibes that beautifully create a nebula of sonic space... or something like that :huh:

Acid line in latter part of "Black Arrow" by Solar Fields resembles the one on "Break the Law" by Jupiter 8000.

EDIT: nvm, that wasn't the track. I'm pretty certain it's there in some slightly older psytrance track though. I'll be looking for it ;)

• 1 month later...

Damn I forgot about this thread

I'll post it here:

Yesterday I listened to wormhole with a lot of attention to the details and today I was just listening Orion's album, go up to a track called 'caracol' and the funniest thing...

In both tracks at 2:56(Orion's starts at 2:55)-3:02(Orion's 3:01), at almost the same time, you can hear the same exact 'starsy' soundy. It happens again at 3:55. I know Wormhole uses it more times than 2 times, but the timing is just...

• 1 month later...

yesterday i was listening to mindsphere - frozen sleep and today i woke up remembering i once heard a (dance)track using the exact same strings in the beginning (so obviously a sample) but now i can't seem to find the cd :P

my brain keeps telling me it was some old HOM-mega or YoYo comp with the number "2" somewhere in the title but so far i've checked everything with the number 2 and can't find it :wank:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I found another Daze Of Our Lives one

Hallucinogen - Solstice 3:32 and onwards, the melody sounds the same as Filteria - Earthrise 2:23 and onwards. Or maybe I'm just imagining it? Can anyone else check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, for me the most obvious and shameless similartiy (better yet, rip off) would be the swift and gentle jack of Sulfurex timeless acid riff on their evergreen classic Point Break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTUT4Xho7c

...and its subsequent application on Infernal Machine's The Loin Sleeps Tonight (

). Hard to deny that Posford and Trevor made an outstanding track, but my god, that is one hell of a rip off!

OK, for me the most obvious and shameless similartiy (better yet, rip off) would be the swift and gentle jack of Sulfurex timeless acid riff on their evergreen classic Point Break: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTUT4Xho7c

...and its subsequent application on Infernal Machine's The Loin Sleeps Tonight (

). Hard to deny that Posford and Trevor made an outstanding track, but my god, that is one hell of a rip off!

Yes, remember listening to Hallucinogen Live long time ago and he played the The Loin... and Point Break back to back in his set.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, I'm gussing that Samuel wanted to make some kind of tribute with this tune. However I really never noticed similarity before someone posted Deedrah remix and than I was like WOW, that really sounds identical :)

Compare the main riff on Xenomorph - Mind Puzzle to Etnica - Fractal Gates sometime...

• 2 years later...

I just found that this beautiful track Aqualine Spirit on Another World is not an original Astral track. The melody always sounded very Astral to me, but now I found that it was created by Rainbow Spirit 1995, boris Blenn with Sangeet. It is really gret to discover such things and learn new things. Also my theory about electric universe and Astral Projection being similar does show in this video, I would not have guessed this is a former Boris Blenn track. However I like the Astral Projection track many times more in this case.

I think that everyone knows that's Blenn-ators track.

And you discovered just now? You have betrayed Boris! I will inform him about this.

I agree with Panoptes, there was no need for this topic. You already have opened 9025151 topics about Boris so you could post it there also or just not lol. I suggest to admins to open subforum just for Boris so you can open about 300 topics for each his track, that would be impressive :lol:

Blennopedia

And you discovered just now? You have betrayed Boris! I will inform him about this.

I agree with Panoptes, there was no need for this topic. You already have opened 9025151 topics about Boris so you could post it there also or just not lol. I suggest to admins to open subforum just for Boris so you can open about 300 topics for each his track, that would be impressive :lol:

Blennopedia

This was a better idea. No subforum for radi, yet.

Blennopedia

I have not known it til yesterday. I have always loved Aqualine Spirit, the whole Another World album is so rich of atmosphere and so complete sounding that it is impressive, but I have listened to Aqualine Spirit many times, humming the main melody, and yesterday such a discovery. The original track to that is created from no other than the master himself, impressive. Another reason to like Boris Blenn. I will be playing this track 10 times a day for one month now, switching to the remix and to the original, such an impressive discovery.