Hmm... I think I've heard that before

Ormion

2 hours ago, Manuser said:

The artists themselves acknowledged the trance anthem was based on this piano track

For sure, but the most important to me is the view from the listener, & in this case it's not always a reality; furthermore the original creator is never credited ;).

Ok, so one new more psy related this time,  with Enthéogenic  remixed by Abakus & Michael Jackson - Billie Jean  , check especially the rythmic =>

Love both tracks.

Vibrasphere - Floating Free (Krama Remix), 2007. Discogs. Give it a try on speed 0.75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waKCcs3076k

And than...

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Supersede, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p4uAxXyaQ0

One of the remixes from Floating Free Remixes CD made by Sync24. I don't believe in coincidences :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there, let me exhume this thread, because I think I have just found out where Atmos got his inspiration for Transmission In Vain.

This is Atmos - Transmission In Vain. Listen at 06:35:

Now listen to Front 242 - Headhunter 2000 (Doug Laurent Mix) ... melody is introduced at 00:20, but can be heard well after 03:10

and there is another track I feel very reminded of by that melody, but it doesn' t yet come to my mind ... I'll return if I find it

EDIT: found the "other track" - but it's not Goa ... it's PPK - Slave to The Rhythm (Picotto Mix) after 3:45

Edited by RTP
found the second track....

• 3 weeks later...

Please help me to ID where the melody from 01:14 clearly (?) is inspired :wub: from .. MWNN? MFG? .. I am so sure I know this main melody but can not manage to ID where I know if from before .. Sounds so familier. Thanks for your reoly!

*breath* Thank you, those are emotional beautiful psychedelic trance enducing tracks. I've really not heard them before (my apoligie) so that was a treat, fun to hear what you mean and in a general way your very much right, especially on the Jajo and I was so sure the 01:24 melody was mwnn without luck of finding it. (he's not a copy cat / thief, and he has integrity, and own style, coda, Material Music -- "We're all inspired") The 01:24 melody in the California Sunshine is not the same (of course..) but still I hear define general track inspiration, and its sunshine tripping that Jajo so nicelly and subtile play with  :wub:DNA, very fair enough. Love. Respect. Psy~

E. @astralprojection Jajo is fragile, Material Music broke the glass. Emergency, needed help (::)

e.. "Spiritual beings in physical bodies" 

Do someone hear Shakta? Cause I don't:

Listen to 03. Ingenuity Box by KaLi EaRtH ReCoRdS on #SoundCloud

Listen to 04. Twitch Science by KaLi EaRtH ReCoRdS on #SoundCloud

9 hours ago, psytones said:

Please help me to ID where the melody from 01:14 clearly (?) is inspired :wub: from .. MWNN? MFG? .. I am so sure I know this main melody but can not manage to ID where I know if from before .. Sounds so familier. Thanks for your reoly!

The melody at 1:14 I don't know but the sound in the intro is so similar to Pigs in Space - Visitors part I :D 

Yeah that mwnn track is really sweet. Prob top 5 mwnn. 

@psytones

edit:

sorry for the short replies was on phone. wanted to add i think its lovely you liked those california sunshine tracks, and also that you didnt hear them before! those are by far the best ones from california sunshine, but the entire album Nasha is wonderful and can recommend it.

Very hypnotic, driving, and emotional. <3

and i dont think youll find ANYONE on psynews; that DOESNT love Jajo. 

11 hours ago, Manuser said:

The melody at 1:14 I don't know but the sound in the intro is so similar to Pigs in Space - Visitors part I :D 

Pigs in space!! rare to see that alias being mentioned around here. its usually Oforia or .... damn whats his other alias? keep forgetting that one.... alien pump... kitchen sync.... TANDU!. right.

anyway, pigs in space - solar

(that acid @  02:17 tho... and the kick... so deep. That whole album is very special. nothing quite like it! very techy and kind of beyond its years when it came out. dont think lots of people were ready for that sound yet, back then. Its quite hard to grasp it was released in 1998 - when it sounds like at least 5 years later. @Padmapani your thoughts? what year would you guess this album came out if you didnt know? Solar is prob  one of the "easiest" tracks to like on that one. The other ones are really really techy.)

• Like 1

i'd have gue

53 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

your thoughts? what year would you guess this album came out if you didnt know? Solar is prob  one of the "easiest" tracks to like on that one. The other ones are really really techy.)

with all that dirty acid and melodies combined with the techy aesthetic i'd have guessed 1999. but it wouldn't sound of place anywhere between 1998-2002. reminds me a bit of the atomic children remix or the children of paradise album. thanks for mentioning the track, it (in fact the whole album) has flewn under my radar up to now.

interesting you mention atomic children remix! another great track btw :) c.o.p too. 

but allinall, i think that one is not close in terms of pure production quality; as pigs in space... the mixing and production quailty is really really good, which is what i meant by the year of production being surprising.

i dont think ive heard anything from 98 sound this high tech before. at least i am drawing a blank atm.

thanks for your input :)

• 3 weeks later...

those tracks are really nice btw, the ones from material music. i checked a couple on youtube. it feels like they make an homage to the world of psychedelic trance with their music.

i think thats really cool. i dont think at all in terms of stealing or even borrowing. for goatrance, its such a small genre everyone can recycle everything as far as im concerned.

its a long way to go for a melody or a tune to become over-saturated.

(one of those that has; is that freaking e-rection - out there we are stoned track. feels like that one has like 20 remixes from big names.... and just why in the hell did x-dream put TWO freaking mixes of it on their latest album  :mad: when there were room for remixes of Brain forest which is a track alot of people arent even familiar with and has amazing remix potential)

• 1 month later...