Younger Brother - The Last Days Of Gravity

kabamaru

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a classic to remember, but it is a great album, one of the best of 2007. I thoroughly love it. :)

I take that back. I've heard this album so many times! It fits at so many places and occasions! I thoroughly, absolutely, completely adore it.

I'm not sure why, but just like Prometheus - Corridor of Mirrors I didn't think this would be a classic at first - but it just stayed in my playlist for ever and ever.

+1 this just grows bigger and bigger every time i listen to it! The first and last track.. I've heard them a hundred times and im still amazed by the beauty of this music!

Right now im thinkin Best album 2007 (last year it was different though)

• 2 weeks later...

The beginning and ending is extremely well done. I actually returned to write that I Am A Freak is such a wonderful track. I love those skipping ping-pong combination sound effects both to and around the beat. Little details like that are very creative and fun. But the cheesy dialogue on this song irritates me every time. It just won't go away. It's a reoccurring gripe and annoyance I have with the album, and it seems like I'm not the only one in the boat. In many ways they cut a wonderful album and it would even better if they chilled off the cheesy samples next time. I don't know why these artists thought that the samples in I Am A Freak would enhance or compliment the track. They have such talent and tact almost everywhere else.

• 1 month later...

I've listened to this album countless times. I just grows and grows. I don't want to grade it, but I can definitely say it has become one of my absolute top favorite albums ever.

+1

@ J cocco: I am a freak is a wonderfull track IMO, the totally awkward samples fits the atmospheres very good, it's a completely freaky and wierd track, so why leave the samples out??? I love it

Seems like many of you guys are almost afraid of samples, afraid of a little cheese, but why? Ask a mainstream person if I AM A FREAK is cheesy? :huh: It's psychedelic, pounding and very unique (like the samples say :P )

+1

@ J cocco: I am a freak is a wonderfull track IMO, the totally awkward samples fits the atmospheres very good, it's a completely freaky and wierd track, so why leave the samples out??? I love it

Seems like many of you guys are almost afraid of samples, afraid of a little cheese, but why? Ask a mainstream person if I AM A FREAK is cheesy? :huh: It's psychedelic, pounding and very unique (like the samples say :P )

I am a freak.

I am unique.

THAT'S CHEESY OK?

I think that the i am a freak track is great, the actual sample saying those word may not be so super sexy, but i couldnt care less its just a small flaw in the track for me anyways.. :) I have heard worse samples.

Yeah, and they are on for like 20seconds when put together, don't understand the problem with them..

• 3 months later...

Elephant Machine... It must have the deepest sound on the album as far as its low frequencies. It has great rhythm and depth, and overall it has a great concept as far as what the samples were saying. Great if you're doing some psychedelics ;)

My favorite on the album B)

• 3 months later...

Happy Pills, Elephant Machine, and I Am A Freak are my favorite tracks.

I guess I Am A Freak vocal samples are a tad bit cheesy but I don't mind them. The song is still badass.

• 2 weeks later...