what ever happened to crop circles "tetrahedron"

technosomy

i know the dat crashed and the label fell over but

don't think its that bad, the production isn't exactly the best

but their is some great material there as well as the remixes.

why was it never published?

maybe something for suntrip to consider maybe?

so many labels been out there in the last 10 years and no one picked it up?

lay it on people

peace

Guest Amnesia

i think that the label went bankrupt before the album was even finish to be released.

Sems that alot of ppl have does tracks + dat. Would be nice if suntrip release it =D

As far as my knowledge goes, money is the issue. I think too much money has been asked by some of the ex-Crop Circles members in order to licence those tracks for publishing. Same reason why heavily sought after albums like "I.F.O." won't ever be re-released; they ask for too much money.

But please do correct me if I am wrong. :)

• 7 months later...

here we go :)

ok let's see if we can have a clear vision on this matter... i spoke with all the members of the team and there is a general consense on my will to release it but there are the problems mentioned above..everyone wants his piece of the cake.. beside that i spoke seriously with maurizio about an oldschool department of etnica.net and we will see what could be done. I will anyhow go to ibiza sometime this summer and try to get a deal with max, eventually something will move. keep you posted.. beside that do you know how much is to print a cd? u do not go below the 3000/4000 eur... which is frankly quite a risk for such a small market. but maybe there wont be troubles to sell out 1000 cds of the crop circles.. even if i have my doubts. now that is not available everyone wants it but then at the moment u really have to pay for it everyone will simply stick to the mp3 release that will be "fair enough" for everyone that is not a collector.. prove me wrong :)!

You think that Tetrahedron would not sell 1000 copies ? Of course it will.

Honestly? 1000 is really too much, 500 yes, and in a few years maybe 1000, but certainly not "just like that"... The goa market is SUPER small... Selling 1000 goa cds in a short time is only for the huge releases...

But still, good luck Federico, if you need any help, you know where to find us :)

With the old-school revival and the legendary status Pleiadians/Crop Circles gained I'm sure it will. Take the case of Transdimensional - you think that the reissue did not sell (at least) a thousand copies ?!?!?! And this was an album which was released, though limited, and became an huge sought after record. Hence the reissue.

So, with the cult status CC got and with an unreleased album that the public* has been yawning about 10 years, you doubt 1000 pieces ?

[Especially if you put a bonus disc 2 as Lunar Civilization reissue :rolleyes:]**

*that's the question: how much big is this number - maybe ask Anoebis/Mars if Transdimensional sold at least 1000 pieces.

**[joke]

The only people who will buy this kind of odd release i think is the real hardcore goa trance collectors. And those arent to many : )

Besides i think the material in it self is not so strong compared to something freshly made or other stuff these guys have made. But hey who knows with some modern mastering on it i have no clue, perhaps it could bring out some details in the sound.

Still i dont think this would be some big selling CD, as it probably wouldnt have been in the 90´s either and would probably have ended up to be one of those super rare albums.

edit: To compare this DAT to the transdimensional CD is somewhat unfair i think, since the transdimensional CD is such a strong album with great tracks and depth.

Wait for an answer from Suntrip themselves if TRANSDIMENSIONAL sold a 3 digit (0's) figure. Of course, I'm just asking if a 1000 has been sold not how much in total....that's not my business.

1000? No, not yet... Maybe in 1 year :) It sold really good we thought and that means in the first few months 500-600 cds, and from that moment on, it sells slowly but steadily like 10 a month or so

The scene is so small that any venture is a risk, especially with CD sales as low as they are (so I've heard) 1000 would be quite a big deal if it was quick right? Even for quality music :(

Well the promoters and the people themselves need to attract new people to the genre. However this genre isn't that active as it used to be, so all you have left is hardcore fans and enthusiasts. I remember reading somewhere that "Another World" from AP was one of the most selling trance albums ever. An interesting question would be, would the album sell that good if it had been released today instead of then?

An interesting question would be, would the album sell that good if it had been released today instead of then?

The obvious answer is: of course it wouldnt, not because goa is not as big as it used to be, but because of the fact that CD stores are closing their doors and not as many people buy CD anymore.

Well since only the die-hard-collectors would be after it, as stated above, just sell each individual copy for 40 €.

You'd have your pressing costs back in no-time :lol:

*Edit* My plan B: let all Nu Skool labels contribute an amount of money, so you could divide the costs in 3 or 4...

Oh man there must exist at least one both creative and effective plan!