What new gear [equipment] did you get today?

a tip, DO NOT SELL that midisport! :) The internal MIDI on the USB/FW devices from M-Audio suck donkeys balls! :)

Did you know midisport is made by m-audio? (they started out only selling midi interfaces, then changed their name when they sold different gear).

I did have problems with the midisport ...until I updated the drivers.

Just downloaded the latest drivers - I will find out if your right later today :unsure:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know midisport is made by m-audio? (they started out only selling midi interfaces, then changed their name when they sold different gear).

I did have problems with the midisport ...until I updated the drivers.

Just downloaded the latest drivers - I will find out if your right later today :unsure:

Yes I did know that ;) I have had Midiman, Midisports since a LOOONG time. However, I am saying that their audio interfaces, have lousy midi interfaces built in. I would not rely on it, if you need midi. I had problems like HELL with my virus and FW410, and then I dug out my ol' friend Midisport 2x2 and problems were over. :D

getting ready for the new album !?

New album is mostly finished actually. Would have been done ages ago, but I ended up taking about a half a year break due to my personal life blowing up. The MacBook Pro is more so I have something stable to actually do live shows with again. Not that I ever get any gigs since no one wants to pay for transportation costs in this country, but I digress....

New album is mostly finished actually. Would have been done ages ago, but I ended up taking about a half a year break due to my personal life blowing up. The MacBook Pro is more so I have something stable to actually do live shows with again. Not that I ever get any gigs since no one wants to pay for transportation costs in this country, but I digress....

OMG !!! i'm really excited :posford: is it uptempo or downtempo!??!?! i guess i should wait a little and see...wonderful news :rolleyes:

hope to see you in a gig here in california sometime...

Posted Image

OMG !!! i'm really excited :posford: is it uptempo or downtempo!??!?! i guess i should wait a little and see...wonderful news :rolleyes:

hope to see you in a gig here in california sometime...

Posted Image

It's all tempo (sometimes even within the same track). Unfortunately a lot of my music in the last few years seems to be "therapy" music and never more so this time. I pretty much threw out the rule book on this one genre wise and wrote whatever I "needed" to write at the time. There's some Long Walk disc one-ish stuff, some trance stuff, some break beat-ish type stuff, some more odd time stuff, some other stuff some people tell me sounds kind of down beat industrial. I dunno, I just write it, it's someone else's job to label it.

Hopefully but I know better now than to make promises on release dates anymore. It all depends on finding someone to do the art and such. Let's just say I'm aiming at winter.

Awesome news. I wish you luck!

• 3 months later...

Since last i have got my self a Nord Lead 3 and a Korg Triton Classic :drama: + Genelec 8030A monitors and AKG K271 mk2 headphones, and RME Digiface soundcard hmm and an old cheap Roland reverb SRV 330 and also the most important thing, after the brain.. a new computer :D

How is that thing btw? Drivers as solid as they say they are? I'm thinking of getting the HDSP 9632 actually.

Its very good, very nice latency and i can work on a cubase track for a day non stop without the card giving up. My only complaint really and what will probably end up in me selling/trading it later on to buy a RME Multiface 2, is that i now need to use an alesis adat ai3(analog/optical interface) to use the the digiface inputs/outputs since the digiface uses optical in and outputs. And the alesis thingy really colors the sound in a bad way i have noticed while for example playing on a synthesizer via its headphones jack and then listening to it via the alesis and the soundcard. So with a multiface i will just need to connect my synthesizers directly to it instead. But the card you are planning on buying is top notch as well. Go for it RME makes good shit :)

But whatever you do.. AVOID alesis :drama:

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it RME makes good shit :)

Another vote for RME here. I'm using both a Multiface I and Multiface 2 (for two separate rigs) and consider them to be amongst the better investments for the studio :). I will most probably add the RME ExpressCard interface to able to use them with a laptop.

As for other equipment purchases, the most recent was a Waldorf Blofeld.

/Fredrik

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My gf just bought me 2 pairs of these cables so I can finally interconnect my new Virus TI, Creamware Noah and Alesis Micron.. Im gonna route 2 outputs from Virus into Noah and Micron, so I can use their FX, and stack Micron to Noah so I can use his FX on Micron.. This is gonna be perfect..

There's Cubase 5 already? :blink: Feels like I bought Cubase 4 just the other day... man how time goes by

I DID buy Cubase 4 the other day, but I did that only because I had skipped 4 entirely and then bought it when 5 was announced so I could sneak both in under the free grace period upgrade for 5. Works out fairly well in the monetary scheme of things.