What new gear [equipment] did you get today?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah you are man...

by the way, updates of my studio in the past two months are as follows:

I got my Futureretro Revolution which is kick ass :) got a small problem with midi in though, I had to get this after years and years of listening to 303 through my life, its also great fun programming it.

I really got the cool but toy mfb 502 tiny analog drum machine (this one looks like a toy all tiny but a nice analog toy, maybe I can make a small bassline synth to match this make it a small case for drums and bass with a matching amp and speaker to play at camps via solar energy, a real small cd case like rebirth of my own)

I ve got my SPL Channel one Preamp that I am planning on using on guitars and vocals, this one is one of my greatest acqusitions sonically,

Also got the motu 8 pre as an extension for my motu soundcard, I need those inputs for the stuff I got, the days of aggregated devices starts :)

I have given my sh 201 to one of my friends brother so he could start up on synths (spread the love hehe)

Planning to get the sh 101 still and found a decent little phatty for a good price just waiting for my paycheck

I continue to make music and the gear I buy shapes around that,

I will be posting new photos soon...

yeah you are man...

by the way, updates of my studio in the past two months are as follows:

I got my Futureretro Revolution which is kick ass :) got a small problem with midi in though, I had to get this after years and years of listening to 303 through my life, its also great fun programming it.

I really got the cool but toy mfb 502 tiny analog drum machine (this one looks like a toy all tiny but a nice analog toy, maybe I can make a small bassline synth to match this make it a small case for drums and bass with a matching amp and speaker to play at camps via solar energy, a real small cd case like rebirth of my own)

I ve got my SPL Channel one Preamp that I am planning on using on guitars and vocals, this one is one of my greatest acqusitions sonically,

Also got the motu 8 pre as an extension for my motu soundcard, I need those inputs for the stuff I got, the days of aggregated devices starts :)

I have given my sh 201 to one of my friends brother so he could start up on synths (spread the love hehe)

Planning to get the sh 101 still and found a decent little phatty for a good price just waiting for my paycheck

I continue to make music and the gear I buy shapes around that,

I will be posting new photos soon...

If you need a 101, I have one that I am working on getting going soon. I have two, but one. This one has a juno 106 slider, a weird cap slider, and is missing another slider...and a new tuning pot has been installed with a rather fitting tuning knob. I've almost isolated the issue. It produces sound but gets kind of a ghost in the machine... :) I think I've nailed the circuit of failure...but let me know if you're down.

• 1 month later...

Last weekend I picked up a copy of Glitch, even though I had my doubts of it working with Cubase 4 or with MIDI. I was wrong in both cases. The guy who made the program said it had problems with C4. And maybe I take people too literally when they say a certain program requires you to run "audio" (as opposed to MIDI) through it.

I also picked up a guitar synth VSTi, which is one thing I've been missing. Reason had a really great set of guitar sounds that I used a lot. I need the guitar for the last track of my EP, a sappy ambient thing that is turning out to be Biosphere-ish.

• 1 month later...

muh nord modular came, i love what i've played with..awesome! [weird i say this about dsp synth, but.... :-)]

muh akai vx600 arrived too! so awesomly silky smooth. love it! it's 37 key analog polysynth! super d00per rare!@# but awesomely cool!

see? :-D

Posted Image

it matches my also akai professional 80's mixer! :)

A handsome machine!

Hey brother man, yeah definitely. It's a beautiful one at that. Sounds are similar to that of an oberheim xpander, uses the same VCO chips [cem 3374s I do believe]. It's a very *silky* machine and it's for that character I'm absolutely adoring it. It sucks because the midi implementation is AWESOME but sysexclusive is non-existent so patch dumping and shit to the computer...is nil! :( You have to have a memory card which I do not have yet, but thank goodness the Roland M256-E and M512-E work in the machine :-) cause those are available on eBay. The Akai BR-16's and 32's are impossible to find.

Still learning the mod matrix of the akai. Loving the nord modular. That fucker....really does come close to sounding oh so deliciously warm analogish. I am amazed. It pulls it off really really well and that's sort of weird coming out of my fingers. :-) One day I told my good friend that I *need* a digital synth, and well...I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Aaron

I bought a Roland D-50 yesterday in mint condition with three of the four expansion cards, gaah it has pads to die for <3 now i just need the PG-1000 controller for it so i can edit patches more easy and make my own etc :drama:

2 new Tweeters :)

Sphynx GL-300 Dome Tweeter

Titanium membrane

Diameter : 105 mm

Max Watt's. : 100 W

Impedance : 8 ohm

SPL:91 dB

Frequency curve: 2 kHz till 20 kHz

you know that this means like... nothing? :)

just documenting

what do u need to know more then ?

i'm getting new woofers (4) this weekend, i'll keep u updated anyways :P

I'm saying that because specs mean nothing in speakers. Absolutely nothing. You can't just a speaker by the specs.

I'm saying that because specs mean nothing in speakers. Absolutely nothing. You can't just a speaker by the specs.

no, they're just conform ones in comparison with my old ones

perfect match (qua specs ofcourse, diff. brand) ;)

that's it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a monomachine sfx60 mkii well...i bought it and it's being shipped here! I'd have to say that it is a delightful box having the opportunity to hands on one recently, i was *ABSOLUTELY* impressed. Not everything has to be analog, right? :-D

Aaron

I got a monomachine sfx60 mkii well...i bought it and it's being shipped here! I'd have to say that it is a delightful box having the opportunity to hands on one recently, i was *ABSOLUTELY* impressed. Not everything has to be analog, right? :-D

Aaron

Just want to say, this is by far probably the most productive purchase I've ever made. It came today and I've done nothing but...play with it...after we got back from the park :-) malick and myself heheh! my friend is addicted to it and I wanted to kill him multiple times for playing with it excessively when i wanted to play it :-D

haha!

LOVE the MONOMACHINE! 6 track internal sequencer, 6 track external sequencer.

WoOt!

A little bit of color correction and..

Posted Image

Oh you've made a great job there! :D

Yea I like blue more, I'm probs gonna color a FF400 blue when I buy it one day :)

Actually yes, blue does seem better. And a green CS1x :D

Anyway, this Sennheiser HD25 kicks ass. Seriously.