What new gear [equipment] did you get today?

And when you're rich enough, you can buy me a real OSCar. That's one british company that did it right in the synth market. ;)

-d

One of the best synths ive ever had in my studio I think. But they break very easy, so I would not recommend buying one. :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but a comment (a friendly one) Absynth is made by Native Instruments hehe :D reFX does make some cool twancy synths though :)

Oops. I was thinking of Vanguard. :\

I don't really like NI's stuff either. Their interfaces seem too difficult to navigate. Maybe it was my initial bad experience with Reaktor.

One of the best synths ive ever had in my studio I think. But they break very easy, so I would not recommend buying one. :)

You actually owned a real one?!

Oops. I was thinking of Vanguard. :\

I don't really like NI's stuff either. Their interfaces seem too difficult to navigate. Maybe it was my initial bad experience with Reaktor.

You actually owned a real one?!

2 ov dem! :D

Yeah, I can understand you had difficulties with Reaktor, I hated the thing in the beginning, but the results were stunning once you got into it. However I don't use it anymore. I can very warmly recommend Massive and Battery though, Battery being the best drum machine VST i have ever stumbled upon :)

edit, my spelling sucks more and more for each moment I spend on the internet.

Only 2000 were made, apparently. Amazing to have owned two. BT had two, and boxed them up when he got the VST.

Yeahp, but back in the days, they were not as famous as for instance the 303 already was back then. The price of a 303 has not changed much, but the price of a OSCar has, I think people realized how cool this machine is. I think I have an old SOS or FM magazine which has one for sale for around 450 pound or something... but they are extremely delicate, and when they break, its very hard to get them repaired :(

Yeahp, but back in the days, they were not as famous as for instance the 303 already was back then. The price of a 303 has not changed much, but the price of a OSCar has, I think people realized how cool this machine is. I think I have an old SOS or FM magazine which has one for sale for around 450 pound or something... but they are extremely delicate, and when they break, its very hard to get them repaired :(

Yes, that's my understanding. And they seem to have come along at the wrong time, when technologies were accelerating and colliding.

I really enjoy the faithful, vintage interface of the VST. I hope it has as much potential as I think it has as a synthesizer.

Yes, that's my understanding. And they seem to have come along at the wrong time, when technologies were accelerating and colliding.

I really enjoy the faithful, vintage interface of the VST. I hope it has as much potential as I think it has as a synthesizer.

In my opinion, you can do pretty much the same sound with this VST as with the original :) And I really love the synth as well. Its just, I find it harder to use now, cause the sounds are not really what I am after in my current mind set. For weird IDM or Full on PsyTrance this is one synth that kicks ass though! :)

In my opinion, you can do pretty much the same sound with this VST as with the original :) And I really love the synth as well. Its just, I find it harder to use now, cause the sounds are not really what I am after in my current mind set. For weird IDM or Full on PsyTrance this is one synth that kicks ass though! :)

What synth would you use for your own current mindset?

What synth would you use for your own current mindset?

ABL Bassline 2.0, Predator, reFX Nexus and sometimes Massive.. those are the MOST used ones at the moment anyways hehe :) I do sample my Roland Juno as well for some sounds, it has an Awsome Piano sound :)

Congrats!

Those things are spiffy arn't they. Get it at GC?

Was it the bearded guy who sold it to you? He knows me.

I went there, but they only had the display model, which I didn't want. So I ordered it direct from DSI and it got here in two days.

I don't know about a bearded guy. I don't pay much attention to Banjo Center Dudes unless I need something from them. They rarely know what they're talking about.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble incorporating the sequencer. Getting help elsewhere...

I went there, but they only had the display model, which I didn't want. So I ordered it direct from DSI and it got here in two days.

I don't know about a bearded guy. I don't pay much attention to Banjo Center Dudes unless I need something from them. They rarely know what they're talking about.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble incorporating the sequencer. Getting help elsewhere...

I just went there the other day.

Had a simple midi question; went through three people before I got the advice "update the drivers".

I received today my Frostwave Quad MIDI-CV Pro converter. The guy forgot to package the power supply with it, so I have to wait to power it up. I am in the process of waiting on two roland sh-101's. One is going to be sent to england for full customization ;) by customsynth.co.uk after I do the nova mod to it. The other one is going to sit in a safe for the next 40 years until we evolve to being so complex we forget how to press a simple key or turn a simple dial/knob. bwaha!

Anyways! I'm excited to see how the frostwave works. It has a port to hook up an IBM compatible joystick too as an axis controller. Lots of cool stuff it does! Highly recommend it if searching for a low cost replacement for more than one cv piece of gear you desire midi with.

-d

MY FIRST HUMBLE BUT VERY TRUE ANALOG EXTENSION

Posted Image

IM LOVING THIS WARM YET DERANGED SOUND!

Posted Image

GOTTHIS WORKING BEAUTYFOR ZERO BUCKS, SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WAS A WASTE OF SPACE...

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

EHEHEHEHEHE

Posted Image