Ambient similar to CBL or Asura

santo

Well CBL and Asura are completely different so I guess you want two different sets :)

Imho Asura/Entheogenic/Shpongle are the best psychill acts, for CBL and alike just go to Ultimae and pretty much everything from their own catalogue will sound like that. I think the best would be getting a hold of Fahrenheit Project cds to sample different acts.

Here - http://www.discogs.com/label/Ultimae+Records

p.s. anyone want to trade/sell me Entheogenic s/t? :)

...for CBL and alike just go to Ultimae and pretty much everything from their own catalogue will sound like that...

Solar Fields maybe

Sync24 (= 1/2 of CBL).

Check out Ultimae Records anyway.

I think you'll be happy with anything on Ultimae Records.

I also think Ultimae will satisfy you ... check out Aes Dana and Solar Fields albums :)

+1

It's funny, but all Ultimae stuff sounds very much alike, but different at the same time - like they're created their own style and all artists follow it, but each one puts out his own interpretation of it.

Nevertheless, very nice stuff and def. worth checking :)

If you like the first album of Asura

Check out as well:

Peace Therapy 1 and 2

popped directly in my mind too...

try compilation chillum 4, very good too, the bass pattern is different...

and certainly try abakus... it's different but you'll like it...

If you like CBL..

then you must listen to..

Solar fields

Aes dana (though this is is more like slow morning trance, but very beautiful none the less!)

H.U.V.A Network (must listen!!!)

infact yeah... most ultimae releases (farenheit project is nice.. but they all the older releases are sold out now, farenhiet 4 has just been released again afaik)

Ishq (though this gets beatless, its very very pure and romancing)

there are a lot of other atmospherica amibient artists like Thom brennan, robert rich, Vidna obmana, Solar Quest (another must listen - orgship and orgisms)

also, CBL has thier first album - The Path (officially unreleased, but download available from their website)

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're on the topic of ambient here... been really digging Vibrasphere selected downbeats (vol 1.)

Anyone know if any of the above artists are like that? Or if not could someone possibly recomend some. Ice flows is nice and all... but that's not really what I'm looking for more the other tracks. In particular buenos Aires is just brilliant.

Since we're on the topic of ambient here... been really digging Vibrasphere selected downbeats (vol 1.)

Anyone know if any of the above artists are like that? Or if not could someone possibly recomend some. Ice flows is nice and all... but that's not really what I'm looking for more the other tracks. In particular buenos Aires is just brilliant.

To me Vibrasphere has a very unique sound, and I have never heard any other similar to that...so guess you better hope they'll release some more ambient :)